Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoser
    Wasn't it in the past you needed an Ancient gene to get Ancient equipment to works? It that now passe ( no Jack ) or a plot hole?
    Which ancient equipment are you talking about?

Comment

why do we always get our asses kikd.the ori seem invinsible. i think th writers should of made us make atleast some damage. about 10 Hataks were destroyed just like that. 1 earth ship (oddy or koselev) i duno which 1, was destroyed. the other 1 was just about to be destroyed and the 1 azgard ship was doing alrite. it seemed to b moving and taking hits from the ori with ease. but i found it annoying that we didnt make an damage atal

Comment

does anyone know the title of the music playing when the ori ships first appeared from the gate?

Comment

Originally posted by kaffra
          does anyone know the title of the music playing when the ori ships first appeared from the gate?
          I don't think it has a name, all the music is written specifically for the show.

But wasnt the tune at the beginning when they first walked into Camelot a kinda remix of the theme tune? I noticed that second time I watched it.

Comment

The Asgard chickened out...

They should, I mean Kvasir obviously realized that fighting the Ori would be no different than fighting the Ancients, except perhaps that the Ori are far more aggressive.

If Kvasir died, then whatever intel that he, Sam, and the others got about the Ori won't make it back to the Asgard homeworld.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

What only one asgard ship, why not more asgard ships that one ship did stand chance than the other ships.

Comment

The Asgard ships probably fled the scene of that massacre. No sense in staying around and have its shields weakened to the point that it too gets blown up into debris.
                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I don't think the Asgard ship was destroyed, while our ships use some of their technoogy, theirs can clearly take more of a hit - they had countless battles with the replicators to learn to fight/build warships. Also I don't think that Kvasir was killed (assuming his ship was not destroyed), he most likely beamed back to his ship when the fighting started (he prolly figured he'd be safer there). Plus not many Asgard pilot any given ship - only one to my knowledge, so he prolly was aboard. The Asgard arn't stupid, once he realized the battle couldn't be won, he prolly left ... hopefully with some of our people.
                  Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

It's rather funny, in that I probably enjoyed the first part of the episode more than the end.

I do have some of the same feelings about the magically better piece of tech that is always out there now, rather than fortitude, courage, and pluck. And the bad guys Achilles heel (aka pride).

Space battle...

okay assuming they could determine the front of it...why wouldn't you just be arrayed in a better tactical layout? Put all the Ha'tak's around the gate, in a circle (with the supergate being the inner circle). This means they are behind the enemy when they come through.

Second, why did they wait for the blasting...I mean everything should've been targeted on the lead vessel, you don't let them form up and begin their attack?

And yeah, the "greatest threat to the galaxy ever" and that's the fleet we put together? A couple hundred Ha'taks would've been nice. Whole squadrons of Al'Kesh's swooping in from the flanks battering their shields would've been helpful.

Any number of Asgard ships as long as it's more than 1...

Better tactics agreed upon at the beginning...especially if they come through and you realize they only have 4 slow firing weapons? Start moving around...should've been an overall commander appointed at the beginning. The fighter squadrons should've been deployed immediately, why do they have to wait for Mitchell to deploy (and geez what a sense of deja vu an hour later when they had to wait for Sheppard)?

And sure let's assume they have a virtually unlimited source of power (the glowing balls o'magic! -- my guess is something like McKay destroyed that solar system with -- we know the Ancients were working on it, wouldn't be surprising if the Ori figured it out either before or after ascension) this would not necessarily mean they can transfer it immediately to shields/weapons.

Just like the satellite where the capacitors had to charge, I mean the energy still has to be controlled and funneled appropriately to various systems.

*sigh*

oh and the cliched *slow motion falling on consoles, sparks blahblahblah we're all going to die* part bothered me.

Shoot, they just used the slow-motion-we're-all-going-to-die bit with the Replicators a season or two ago.

And stop routing steam pipes through the bloody bridge, for crying out loud!

Comment

i was a little annoyed with the undamageable ships, and i couldnt tell if
                      Spoiler:
                      the earth ship showed being destroyed was korelev, which most people said was gonna be destroyed, or the odessy.

p.s. im amazed no one else thought to use spoiler warnings, not even in the title.
                      anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                        I don't think it has a name, all the music is written specifically for the show.

But wasnt the tune at the beginning when they first walked into Camelot a kinda remix of the theme tune? I noticed that second time I watched it.
                        It almost sounded old BSG like to me.

edit: or something...I was puzzling over it though...it was a tease for the ears

Comment

Originally posted by lukespazz
                          why do we always get our asses kikd.the ori seem invinsible. i think th writers should of made us make atleast some damage. about 10 Hataks were destroyed just like that. 1 earth ship (oddy or koselev) i duno which 1, was destroyed. the other 1 was just about to be destroyed and the 1 azgard ship was doing alrite. it seemed to b moving and taking hits from the ori with ease. but i found it annoying that we didnt make an damage atal
                          Well anubis's flagship b4 it was destroyed took out like 10 motherships as well with that lightning weapon, maybe they ought to try that against the ori ships?
                          SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

The asgard could've beamed everyone on the Koroleve (or at least the key characters off) just in time.
                            "Ya shure, yaaa betcha."

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuperCool
                              The asgard could've beamed everyone on the Koroleve (or at least the key characters off) just in time.

yea, just the key characters, thats all they ever do...
                              Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                              (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by psiu
                                Space battle...

okay assuming they could determine the front of it...why wouldn't you just be arrayed in a better tactical layout? Put all the Ha'tak's around the gate, in a circle (with the supergate being the inner circle). This means they are behind the enemy when they come through.
                                They weren't all there to mount a defence. They were there to destroy/deactivate the supergate. As soon as we learn of the gate's location, the Odessey goes to pick up SG-1 and go straight there. Maybe all the ships there were all that could make it in time? They had no idea how long it would be before the gate opened.

And they wouldn't know how big the kawoosh would be or what directions it would extend in.

And since when to the Jaffa use tactics in battle?! Come on, these are the same guys who stand out in the open firing their staff weapons.

Comment

Working...
                                X