No announcement yet.

Camelot (920)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think it's a rather unfortunate decision. It would have been a very interesting dynamic to have the Odyssey destroyed and to have Earth's primary ship crewed by the Russians.

At this point, having it be destroyed so soon after making a major plot point about the Russians getting the ship in exchange for continuing the Stargate contract is kind of a cop out. The move really "shook things up" on the international front, showing that the Russians are a force and really do care about getting their fair share of Stargate-related technology, and now we're just back to the same ol' with the Americans controlling all the ships available to Earth.

It's disappointing, I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
      You are correct. In the season ten section you find this and it says Carter was radioing to see if anyone surived the Korelev mis-hap.
      well everything does seem a bit wierd now that i read that......

In the description

SPOILER

:::::::::::::..it says that the odyssey squares of AGAINSt a few ships of the lucian alliance which makes little sense? since they basically just fought side by side....

Anyway i think we need to aknowledge that it matters little which ship was destroyed really....

we know more or less for a fact that all characters will most likely survive... Either beemed off in last second by the Asgaard or maybe even the ORI for unknown purposes.....

We might argue that the koralev is under russian control but in the episode i saw absolutely no problems in cooperation and the russians did whatever Daniel and mitchell asked them to do without questions...

What i do want to comment on(dont know if this is the right place) is the Ridiculous Size of the Ori ships...If we look right after the sequence where odysseys captain is informed that they have lost Sublight engines... We can see that the Size of the ori ships compared to the COMBINED size of the whole fleet is vast... One Ori ship is basically the size of like 10 hattacks if not more...i mean i would expect more of a technological superiority of the ORI to win this battle... but in this case it seems to be the simple fact of SIZE DOES MATTER rather than the technological advancement... i mean fine they have a Super gun.. but whats from stopping all the other races from building an equally large gun.. just build a ship but make Everything bigger...

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
        then how does Daniel and Mitchel survive?
        They went on the 302's

Comment

what proof do we have?
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Forth, I kinda find it hard to believe that they couldnt destroy the gate because carter removed a panal with her bare hands.
            Because the SuperGate itself is made of indestructable (unless against exploding singularity) material. As for the panel.... well the Asgard sensors detected it. Last time I checked Asgard were more advanced than the Goa'uld/Jaffa.

~~~~~~~~~~~

What annoyed me about the Lucian Alliance is how they sent about 3 ships, when a few scenes before the battle, they had a LARGE fleet of Ha'Taks and Al'Keshes. IMO, they should've sent more ships.

Heck, Netan the Lucian Alliance leader was with Teal'c. If he wants to survive, he should've sent in more ships.... for a bigger slaughter-fest for the Ori. But at least the more targets, the more chances for Netan's Ha'Tak (w/ Teal'c aboard) to escape.
            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

The Oddyssey had its engines damaged and were basically stuck floating around. Whereas the Korelev was still able to move around. Correct me if Im wrong, but I think the BC-304 looked like it flew into those Ori beams, which means its moving.

Comment

hello people i'm new here....anyways from what i've read of the season 10 spoilers..................it was the Korelev that gets destoryed and not the Odyssey and some how daniel and the rest of the crew of the korelev gets beamed aboard one of the ori shipsbut anyways in my opinion this was a great EP.....as soon as i seen the Ha'tak ships getting wiped out with one or 2 blast from the ori ships and the earth ships lasting longer then the Ha'tak ships my jaw droped......

Comment

Originally posted by Sencerd
                  They went on the 302's
                  Danny boy was on the bridge, cam was near the fighter bay.

Comment

big ships. very big ships.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
                    24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
                    Both heavily admined.

Comment

Has anyone got the picture of the Prometheus infront of Thors O'Neill ?
                      It looked bloody huge then!
                      The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

You know what's great...is we all really don't know what happened....I can't wait until July to see what the H%ll happens next.

I loved how Vala was on one of the Ori ships basicly flipping her wig.

I love Tivo....I am going to watch it again and see if I can find all the things everyone was talking about.

Im pissed the season ended...:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
                          Danny boy was on the bridge, cam was near the fighter bay.
                          Well either that or they beamed off, theyre not gonna be dead are they, so they got off somehow

Comment

Originally posted by Fox McCloud
                            Has anyone got the picture of the Prometheus infront of Thors O'Neill ?
                            It looked bloody huge then!
                            It's the first pic in Hawaii_Boy's post.

Comment

That scene with Vala kinda reminded me of a scene in Babylon 5 where Londo was watching his people used Mass Drivers to bombard a planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                                The Oddyssey had its engines damaged and were basically stuck floating around. Whereas the Korelev was still able to move around. Correct me if Im wrong, but I think the BC-304 looked like it flew into those Ori beams, which means its moving.
                                I think both 304's were unable to move. Chekov stated that the Korelev had lost power, so it was likely to be floating around too. Either way, I'm going to hate seeing either ship go, especially if the CO goes with it. Chekov's been around so long, and I was just starting to like Emerson, and think he should get more than just two appearances. Losing Pendergast is enough for one season.

Wish they would've at least shown us which 304 it was that got hit, but I think the writers intentionally did that to us.

Comment

Working...
                                X