No announcement yet.

Crusade (919)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With him dead, I wonder if they're going to bother with any more connections or if that effectively kills off the resistance. The others might be too scared to try anything more.

I read the spoilers for Ironside so I have no idea whether or not I would've known otherwise. I might not have.

As for it being boring, I never was. But then again it just comes down to taste and interest. My boss loves SG but more with the shotemup scenes than with the Daniel-type of scenes while I love Daniel-type of scenes. So her story was interesting to me.

Also, was it just me or did I see an Asgard ship in the previews for next week???
    Last edited by Dannygirl; 04 March 2006, 10:14 AM.
    I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
    - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

I didn't mind her having her own story, Formerhost, I just wish it hadn't been so boring a story.
      Sybil

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
        was a good episode
        the ori warriors look a lot like jaffa
        was it me, or did this prior not have eyes?
        He was definitely missing his right eye, but I think he did have his left. He was really squinty though, so it was hard to tell if it was there.
        SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          Er, no. It just means the person is 'important' in some way; either the person is special to the franchise or the producers, or commands a lot of pay or good billing. Vanessa Angel (Freya-Anise) rec'd Special Guest billing in all of her appearances, as did Alexis Cruz (Skaara). Either one or both of the USAF Chiefs of Staff rec'd Special Guest credit.
          wasn't rda credited as 'special guest star' for his 2 minutes earlier this season?
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by FerCryinOutLoud!

I know it probably won't happen but i have a nagging feeling that Mitchel might die in the season finale. I know i'm probably crazy and i know it won't happen, i still have a slight feeling though. I hope not, i like Mitchel when he's not being immature.

[/QUOTE]Rest assured it won't happen. Unless he dies in the Daniel way and comes back. You don't kill off your lead character just to do it.[QUOTE]

I know that. I know he won't die. I know you don't kill off your main character. I have to tell that to my little sister everytime she thinks Starbuck is going to die on Battlestar Galactica. I still had the feeling anyway. I thought i'd share, just for the heck of it. And if he were ever to die on the show i would think it would be for one or two reasons. One... RDA reprising his role of Jack O'Neil. Two... Sam Carter taking over the team because Ben Browder wanting to move on to something else. The latter is the least likely.

Comment

IMO it was a great episode. Damn I love the seen were Teal'c says "Darth Vader" as an anwser to Vala's question. Great episode and a good one right before the final episode this series. I wonder how the baby's gonna turn out.
              Didn't go so well for Darth Vader... lol!

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                So what? How many people you know have the same first name as you?
                In this galaxy? These people are from different galaxy.
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

these boys do have a bad habit of resuing names

jonas hansen, jonas quinn, jona - jack in bts, sara o'neill, sarah garder, zaran - the tok'ra in endgame, not to mention alien names getting reused.

it's very confusing to those that are watching/keeping track of things to have aliens all having the same name, and considering how easy it is to make up a name and all the resources that list the various names of aliens, there's really no excuse for them not at least attempting to have a unique name for each alien character
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    wasn't rda credited as 'special guest star' for his 2 minutes earlier this season?
                    nope, it was Special Appearance. I re-watched the first 6 episodes this week, to remind myself previous Vala's episodes, so I can tell it for sure.

Comment

Decent episode. I'm not a huge Vala fan, but I found the episode surprisingly tolerable and even likeable in places. The show still doesn't feel right (IMO), and the team was a little too inactive, but it was good to see Chekov and I look forward to seeing
                      Spoiler:
                      him in command of the... Korolev is it? Kovalev?
                      I hope they don't utilize the flashback format like that again, though. It barely worked. I'm skeptical about next week, but who knows?
                      Jewel Staite Thunker | Secondary Women of SGA Thunker
                      Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show and I should really just relax."

Comment

nope, it was Special Appearance.
                        So what? Did you see my earlier post? For clarity: Vanessa Angel's Freya-Anise was never the "lead" or even "sort of" in any of her appearances; Alexis Cruz's Skaara even less so.

Comment

You're extremely unfair here, but of course I respect your opinion. But after what Vala was through in the Ori galaxy (and don't forget it was SG-1's fault, they really should have listened to Vala in Beachhead), she deserved her own story. An extensive one. Just like this. THANK YOU CLAUDIA, THANK YOU ROBERT C. COOPER!!!
                          Amen, brother (or sister)!

As far as "wallpapering" MS and the other characters--perhaps putting them on screen more frequently didn't serve the story they wanted to tell. That happens--sometimes an episode is told thru a certain character POV with others pretty much just listening.

Ironically, one of the best Farscape episodes was told in a similar fashion but, without the flashes of humor, and Claudia Black's character was the primary storyteller/POV character. Scapers out there might remember "The Way We Weren't." Similar thing, lots of exposition and flashback but has 2 character POVs instead of just one, but no sidestory like the Russian/Stargate thing. That episode is widely recognized as one of FS's best outings.

Just an observation.

Comment

esop524, to go off topic for a bit. TWWW from FS was so much better. We didn't watch Aeryn sit in a chair while the rest of the crew watched her tell her story. It was intertwined into what else was going on in the ep, and there were emotional repercussions with other characters who were involved in the learning of the story. In this case, the SG-1 team wasn't involved in Vala's story at all. THey just sat there and listened. It was such a static, unemotional setup that I almost wish we couldn't just spent the time with Vala on the planet without having to listen to her tell the story and explain everything so much.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                              Amen, brother (or sister)!

As far as "wallpapering" MS and the other characters--perhaps putting them on screen more frequently didn't serve the story they wanted to tell. That happens--sometimes an episode is told thru a certain character POV with others pretty much just listening.

Ironically, one of the best Farscape episodes was told in a similar fashion but, without the flashes of humor, and Claudia Black's character was the primary storyteller/POV character. Scapers out there might remember "The Way We Weren't." Similar thing, lots of exposition and flashback but has 2 character POVs instead of just one, but no sidestory like the Russian/Stargate thing. That episode is widely recognized as one of FS's best outings.

Just an observation.
                              Sister And I agree with you completely.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                                esop524, to go off topic for a bit. TWWW from FS was so much better. We didn't watch Aeryn sit in a chair while the rest of the crew watched her tell her story. It was intertwined into what else was going on in the ep, and there were emotional repercussions with other characters who were involved in the learning of the story. In this case, the SG-1 team wasn't involved in Vala's story at all. THey just sat there and listened. It was such a static, unemotional setup that I almost wish we couldn't just spent the time with Vala on the planet without having to listen to her tell the story and explain everything so much.
                                You know, I've just finished watching this episode for THE THIRD TIME today and I really don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X