Crusade (919)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracker
    Not to mention, that was a heck of a bomb she dropped on them. Think about it 1)They find out that their cobbled together comm device works, 2) Vala is alive, 3)She's pregnant sans partner, 4)Married?!? 4)The Ori have a freakin' armada, and 5)They're on the way, which means 6)There's a super-gate out there somewhere.

If it was me, I'd be a bit shell shocked from all that.
    Actually, I got the impression that they didn't care about her predicament. It didn't look like shock to me. They pretty much wanted her to hurry up and tell her story probably because Mitchell was hungry and it was meatloaf night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
      "I Went to the Ori Galaxy and All I Got Was This Lousy Baby"
      lolol
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
        It was sooo funny
        It definately had a nice beat to it.

And I don't know what's this about "telling not showing". I think they showed plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
          Don't forget that in Avalon pt. 2 and Origin we had only miliseconds of the original Harrid and Salis and most of the time we saw Daniel and Vala. Why are you always so negative about Claudia Black? It's really unfair...
          I think she's going to do a fine job next season. And personally, I don't think she is "taking over" this show. She's simply becoming a part of it. And that is just fine by me.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
            Actually, I got the impression that they didn't care about her predicament. It didn't look like shock to me. They pretty much wanted her to hurry up and tell her story probably because Mitchell was hungry and it was meatloaf night.
            Well, if it's true what you just said, it's a proof that they're nothing more but cold blooded, hard-hearted *******s.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
              Well, if it's true what you just said, it's a proof that they're nothing more but cold blooded *******s.
              I don't think it was that they didn't care at all. She just needs to grow on them all a bit more.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I don't think it was that they didn't care at all. She just needs to grow on them all a bit more.
                Well, I'm sure each of them has something from the past they would love not to remember about, so I think I don't agree here...

Comment

Originally posted by Fatewarns
                  I found it disturbing that Tomin was happy he got conscripted by the Ori.
                  Yeah, I said the same thing in my previous post. I compare Tomin or any followers of the Ori to Al Qaeda. They are on some kind of Jihad....kill all who do not believe in the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
                    Yeah, I said the same thing in my previous post. I compare Tomin or any followers of the Ori to Al Qaeda. They are on some kind of Jihad....kill all who do not believe in the Ori.
                    Yeah, but only because they truly believe what they are doing is right. People like Tomin were raised to believe in the power and goodness of the Ori. They know nothing else.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                      And I don't know what's this about "telling not showing". I think they showed plenty.
                      What do you mean? Who showed what???

Comment

Yeah, but only because they truly believe what they are doing is right. People like Tomin were raised to believe in the power and goodness of the Ori. They know nothing else.
                        Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                          What do you mean? Who showed what???
                          TPTB showed what was going on in the Ori galaxy in preparation for the war. We could watch it instead of just hearing Vala talk.
                          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

ITA. Al Qaeda is the same way. They literally believe that all who do not follow the Koran (the infedels) need to be eliminated. I just find a very parallel story here.

I think this storyline is a very touchy one which is very close to what is really happening in our world today regarding Christianity and Muslim. But even though they are telling the story, they are veering away from any mention of it. Mitchell saying Arthur? Pretty much everyone expected him to say Jesus, but they steered from that story line too.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                              TPTB showed what was going on in the Ori galaxy in preparation for the war. We could watch it instead of just hearing Vala talk.
                              Why not have both?

Besides, how would we watch it if none of our main characters are there? As far as I can tell Stargate is a, how do you call it, limited ominiscent point of view kind of show.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                                Great post.

I was all for seeing more of Daniel talking as Vala but now I agree with you. I think seeing more of Daniel as Vala would have lessen the seriousness of the scenes.

Love the line by Cam "Jackson is there something about you that I should know about." LOL
                                I don't think it had to have had that effect. We've seen some pretty touching "Daniel inhabited by others" scenes in Lifeboat. MS is a good enough actor, IMHO, to have pulled it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X