Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much agree with this guy:
    Originally posted by ToasterOnFire

-Vala didn’t make obnoxious sex jokes (I’ll overlook the pants comment for AGateFan’s sake ) or was otherwise immature.

-We didn’t have a potential senate committee hearing redux by forcing Vala/Daniel to meet with the Russian and Chinese delegates.

-The child is not miraculously Daniel’s – no Daniel/Vala ship for me, thank you very much.

-Vala and Sam didn’t get into some hissy catfight like some fans were hoping…
    One thing that bothered me was their obvious reuse of the set from the early s9 eps. I know theyre going to be using medieval societies for this theme, but they could at least make each set look a little different.

The russian blackmail thing was interesting. I'm kinda hoping for a combined china/russia stargate-thing... it would be cool if they could just use their new ship to create a base on a random close planet.. would take minutes to get their using hyperdrive. And then it would be further cooler if they program actually ran fairly succesfully without the SGC having to hold their hands all the time. Would make for interesting episodes. Would make for a good spinoff series in china in communist china, the gate travels through YOU!
    Evidently i still think we're going to be 'seeing' china around. And russia.

I like the direction the show is going in alot now. And will we see vala on earth again? Like many people said, i love the fact that they've toned down vala and made her more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Skythe
      I like the direction the show is going in alot now. And will we see vala on earth again? Like many people said, i love the fact that they've toned down vala and made her more serious.
      Oh, we'll be seeing her on Earth again. Definitely!
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

ok, i don't know if this was discussed because I really didn't feel like scrolling through all those pages. Toward the beginning when Vala asked if anyone had heard of a baby being conceived through immaculate coneption (i thought jesus) and teal'c said darth vader (god i love how CJ delivers lines!) Mitchell then said King Arthur. I only say this because I recently completed a class in Arthurian Literature; that really isn't correct. I don't know of any version of the Arthur myth where he was conceived through immaculate conception. But I could be wrong. Does anyone know for sure?

"I will follow you to the ends of this world and into the next. I will not leave you."

Comment

This was a painful episode to watch. As I said in the anti-9 thread it was pitiful.

I used the fast forward through most of this episode-the commercials were more interesting.

I don't mind them trying to redeem Vala, lord knows I like Claudia and she is a real talent-but puleeze-this heart string stuff???
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Someone said above that it's indeed wrong.

I couldn't care less though.

Comment

Originally posted by Galilahi
              ok, i don't know if this was discussed because I really didn't feel like scrolling through all those pages. Toward the beginning when Vala asked if anyone had heard of a baby being conceived through immaculate coneption (i thought jesus) and teal'c said darth vader (god i love how CJ delivers lines!) Mitchell then said King Arthur. I only say this because I recently completed a class in Arthurian Literature; that really isn't correct. I don't know of any version of the Arthur myth where he was conceived through immaculate conception. But I could be wrong. Does anyone know for sure?
              there is no indication that it was through immaculate conception that Aurthur was conceived. Probably a plot hole device or a deliberate use to tie in the whole legend.
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Originally posted by Galilahi
                there is no indication that it was through immaculate conception that Aurthur was conceived. Probably a plot hole device or a deliberate use to tie in the whole legend.

Comment

YEA! VALA IS BACK! when saw the scene with jackson and mitchell in the locker room and mitchell saying is there something i should know and see it was vala, i about cracked up! you have to feel bad for vala when she was chained up outside for 3 days with no food/water. i was just yelling at tomin to go get her and was glad that he did in the end of that. and to know that vala's baby was a mircle from the ori just said to me Oh S***. i did already know that from the spoilers from episode 1 of season 10, but it was still shocking to know. Well we should all know that
                  Spoiler:
                  vala sneaks on board the ori ship with tomin and gets back to the MW galaxy. i can't wait to see the supergate in action! and know that they gave the 304 plans to the russians to keep the stargate, but will we see a 304 to a 303? cause that have had time to build a 303, and if the next eppy is set right after the conclusion of the last or a fw weeks, will they have time to build the korolev?
                  overal this episode was great and look forward to the final episode camelot!
                  sigpic
                  Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

I found it disturbing that Tomin was happy he got conscripted by the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatewarns
                      I found it disturbing that Tomin was happy he got conscripted by the Ori.
                      It's called religious fanaticism...

We also see this on Earth, unfortunately. And it's not just the religious fundamentalists however, who get excited and happy.
                      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

They're totally misusing Michael Ironside. He has a great menacing voice, they should have him play an Ori or at least a Prior.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          Just finished watching "Crusade" again awhile ago. And I'm glad I did, because I caught a few things I didn't on the first run. Definitely an awesome episode. Vala was terrific, and the actor who played her husband rocked too. I sure hope to see him next week in "Camelot". It's just sad that he'll probably have to be killed. There's no way to turn him against the Ori.
                          I suppose we'll see more of Tomin in season 10, not necessarily in next week's "Camelot". But I'm predicting extremely sad ending to his and Vala's story

Comment

Nice moments:

Sam: [with mouth full of breakfast] "Oh my god, it worked!"

Teal'c: "Darth Vader."

Cameron: "Jackson. Is there something I should know?"

Sam/Vala: choc on the nose

I liked the simple but effective method of handling Vala in Daniel - locker-room mirror and video-monitor shows what the other characters can see while direct shots of the character show us the real deal.

This was for the most part an exposition episode, which could have been tightened up in paces but was generally ok. I was happily surprised by the resistance-leader twist (yay! so long since a SG-1 twist has caught me.. what a nice warm feeling ). It is quite a solid set-up for the season-finale so here's hoping Camelot lives up to it.

[the Aurthurian legend element re. pregnancy without sex strayed a tad!]
                            scarimor

Comment

great EP!

Teal'c rocks! When he said Darth Vader, I just about feel on the floor!

And Vala! whoo-hoo! Claudia did a fabulous job
                              and, might I add, held the show. She's a strong actress.
                              You also have to say that we are seeing a whole
                              new side of Vala in this EP.

How about those Ori ships. The gate at the
                              head of them as their "power source?"
                              Really cool looking!

Of course the season finale is coming. how rude!

ah well...things are getting very interesting!
                              WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
                              "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
                              Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
                                NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                                WHY?!?! Why the !@#$!@ did we give the russians a space ship?!!?

They couldn't have gotten the gate if they even tried!

They just had to pick one of the major three important things on the DO NOT GIVE RUSSIANS list:
                                1. The stargate.
                                2. Control of Atlantis.
                                3. A giant spaceship.
                                They should get a ship, chinese too... and then they can sit on the front lines and face the Ori or whatever just like us. Then we will see how much they ask for more ships.

While were at it, they can send some of their guys to sit on the front lines to fight the Wraith too.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X