No announcement yet.

Arthur's Mantle (918)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arthur's Mantle is my favourite season 9 ep!
    "Wøøf!"

Comment

i like this ep just the fact that there invisable and all Mitchael does is complane about food. i do love that when cloaked teal'c can see him. altho it is a bit strange.
      sigpic

Comment

Was it ever explained what hit the Iris in the beginning of the episode? It sounded far too loud to be a normal person, as those thuds are quite quiet.

Comment

i don't know i will watch it again and see but if anyone else finds out before then please tell as
          sigpic

Comment

It sounds like it could have been a blast from an energy weapon of some kind rather than a person. Since there's a battle or firefight going on in the background while the person is talking, a stray bolt of energy could have gone through the event horizon and hit the iris on our side. Just a thought.

Comment

wow i never thought of that
              sigpic

Comment

This is the third straight episode in which someone said, "piece of cake". First as a pun ("Off the Grid"), then sarcasm ("The Scourge"), and now seriously, but followed by sarcasm.
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I am not a huge fan of the Arthur story line at all. I did like the start with the ori but once they went this way I pretty much threw up my hands. I know they liked what the first team of writers did with the old myth of Gods and History but this was too limiting and also uninteresting.

While Sam and Cam out of phase was funny. I got tired at this point of Dr. Lee going from a smart person to a major moron. It was funny but after a while I would cringe. Really after the plant problems he had in season 8 you think he would get fired.

The show's side story of Teal'c and the warriors was better and felt a bit more like old school SG-1. I have to say when Dr. Jackson got taken out of phase too I was laughing pretty hard. Mostly when he made fun of carter for saying the translation would go faster. This was an episode where I watched it and it was good but it was missing alot of the good old Sg-1 charm.

6/10

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                  Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

i agree by this point i was starting to lose interest and was finding it hard to watch it
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought this was a pretty good episode. Volnek goes all "Evil Dead" and I like the banter between Dr Lee and Daniel.

Comment

lol agreed
                        sigpic

Comment

I like this episode one of my faves of the season.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, bottom line:Mitchell and Carter in another dimension, Superweapon to stop the Ori, Sodan dead, Volnek gone crazy. The End.
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

:We're trapped in an alternate dimension!
                              uperweapon to destroy the Ori!

:Volnek murdered the Sodan!
                              :The End!
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Best ep from season 9
                                The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X