Arthur's Mantle (918)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, maybe sometime soon, but not yet.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

If Merlin was so good to work on dimensions that Mitchell's swordfight was in an other dimension in Avalon, Part 2. The SG-1 could see them, but they were not able to cut in or pick up the sword. Maybe the knight was in a third dimension and so he could cut Mitchell without real wounds. What do you think about it?
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

No...I'm pretty sure that knight was a hologram.

Otherwise he wouldn't have hurt Mitch.

Comment

Agreed. The holograms seemed to be keyed to only be physical for Mitchell, dropping its holo-shields and becoming just light-energy if anything else attempted to touch it.

Besides, when the bullets fired, they didn't just pass through it, it dispersed the light-energy almost as an Asgard-type hologram would react.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

If Carter and mitchell cannot grasp any solid matter, how come they can stand on the floor. They should fall straight through it.
            Stargate Zombies? A new low has been reached-if that's possible.

Comment

Yeh it was okay. Mitchell's scenes with that insane-cannible zombie guy with the staff weapon were fun, and also when he realised that Teal'c could see him.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

i just rewatched this episode and i swear that Teal'c says "we have seen this before. a device capable of re-animating dead tissue" that he actually says "re-aminating" NOT "re-animating".

Comment

Anyone noticed when Mitchell and Samantha are walking on the corridor the woman who approaches them actually dodges Mitchell?

Comment

Nope. Will have to go back and rewatch that.

Comment

Originally posted by unska View Post
                      Anyone noticed when Mitchell and Samantha are walking on the corridor the woman who approaches them actually dodges Mitchell?
                      Yes i had to rewind that bit because i thought it was a bit strange that she slightly moves out of the way when Mitchell and Sam were supposed to be invisible. They really should have noticed that at the time of filming and re-shot it.

Comment

In the RPG Vampire the Masquerade there is a power called Obfuscate, which basically makes one invisible to those around you, but you are still in phase. When someone walks by you they 'subconsiouslly' register your presence, and the person walks around you as if they had seen you.... Perhaps the camera crew had just got done playing a game, and were channeling it.

Comment

This is one from season 9 that I really like. I watch it quite a bit. The Sodan stuff I could do with out, but I just get sick of the 'noble warrior' character in shows. It has almost become cliche. I like the people that become warriors against their will through circumstance.

I thought Mitchell was great in it. Yes, he is a little hyper, he has been in most episodes, but I just take it as his personality the same way I take Teal'c's lack of excite-ability. Personally, Teal'c's thing bugs me more often. Mitchell has some great lines and reminds me of Funny Jack, without resorting to Stupid Jack. (although NO one can do Funny Jack like RDA)

Carter's and Daniel's expressions and reactions throughout, I thought were hilarious. I didn't find it totally out of character for Daniel. The two of them acted just like that in S8's Sacrifices. About the only high point of THAT episode for me. And of course, being the Daniel-girl I am, I loved how smart my cutie was in this one and how he saved the day. Plus, anytime he translates...I swoon!

Comment

i dont know if this has been covered or not but because i dont feel like reading 372 posts but i just got through watching arthur mantle on scifi.

so when teal'c finally sees cam when he is cloaked and cam is out of phase. isnt that kind of impossible for cam to see him since he is cloaked.
                            that just seemed kind of weird
                            "There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You cant remake the past. So look ahead or risk getting left behind."

Comment

Originally posted by caesar_sg1 View Post
                              i dont know if this has been covered or not but because i dont feel like reading 372 posts but i just got through watching arthur mantle on scifi.

so when teal'c finally sees cam when he is cloaked and cam is out of phase. isnt that kind of impossible for cam to see him since he is cloaked.
                              that just seemed kind of weird
                              My understanding was that the Sodan cloaking device takes Teal'c out of phase, which makes him basically invisible. So it'd make sense Mitchell could see Teal'c since they're both out of phase, apparently in the same dimension.

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the explanation
                                "There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You cant remake the past. So look ahead or risk getting left behind."

Comment

Working...
                                X