No announcement yet.

Arthur's Mantle (918)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

concerning mitchell going off world to help teal'c; what exact intel was mitchell trying to find out? was it about the sodan and teal'c, or about him and sam being invisible and the possible rectifying of it?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

People have posted that this wasn't a good episode for Sam, because she really didn't do anything. And, I get that. But, for me, I think it was a good episode because I like Sam here. Which I didn't for season 7 and a large part of season 8. I thought once Jack was gone and the ship wasn't mentioned (sorry, shippers) I could tolerate her, but I honestly didn't expect to actively like her. But, I found her great in this episode. I found her good in other episodes this season as well, but there was just something about this episode that made her absolutely delightful to me. Which makes it a good Sam episode in my book.

majorsal:
      concerning mitchell going off world to help teal'c; what exact intel was mitchell trying to find out? was it about the sodan and teal'c, or about him and sam being invisible and the possible rectifying of it?
      Sodan and Teal'c. He was leaving the rectifying of his and Sam's problem to her and Daniel.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

As one of the biggest Pro Season 9 fans here, I'd like to go on the record and say "this episode *bleeping* sucked"

Actually, I can't yet, I'm not done with it yet, but I'm seriously finding myself bored. I loved the last episode, The Scourge, but this one... man.

Hope the last 10 minutes improves!

Comment

All around solid episode. Cam is getting funnier and more professional (althought at different rates), and Sam was just...hot.

Daniel is back to what he does best, and Teal'c won the day at the end.

Very nice. 4.5/5.

Originally posted by Ziu
          Don't worry, they have two more episodes to look for and possibly find the mantle. If not, the looking most likely will continue in the beginning of Season 10.
          Uh...wasn't that thing that phased them THE Mantle?

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
            Originally Posted by scarimor
            nitpicky question: how does wearing a cloaking device which does *not* place you in another dimension allow you to see someone who is in another dimension? And why that particular dimension? What about the others out of the theorized eleven total - like the one where the bugs from 'Sight Unseen' lived?
            Excellent questions! Unfortunately I don't think TPTB could give you an answer.

Excellent questions! Unfortunately I don't think TPTB could give you an answer.

So how about this one.
            Once upon a time there was a little plot bunny ......
            [translation]OK I've gotta make Cam the all action hero here but I've got no bloody idea how to do it reasonably
            Yeah because, dudes! If Mitchell can't interact physically with Teal'c and his dimension, how does his voice make vibrations in the air for Teal'c's lil ear-drums to pick up? How does Teal'c hear him blabbering?

I mean, not quantum mechanics; easy stuff - as in common knowledge to every adult (and a lot of kids) this side of the nineteenth century. So you need to account for the glitch if you're going to impose it.

And are we to believe, then, that Merlin created his Mantle to hide his weapon-research from his fellow Ascended, yet left it vulnerable to view by anyone wearing a mere cloak (common Ascended technology in comparison)?

See... little unnecessary plot-holes just to give Mitchell something to do. Clang! Write the characters something to do which is integral and doesn't break stuff!

Nice that they set up the arc for a weapon which can potentially kill Ori, though.
            Last edited by scarimor; 27 February 2006, 01:53 AM.
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda
              There was an earlier scene in which Jackson joined Carter out-of-phase wherein Jackson asked where Mitchell was--the response was he went off world -- I couldn't stop him to Jackson's -- why am I not surprised?

This is the tsk tsk moment to which I refer. Why the writers think it's a good idea to undercut the Mitchell character in this way, I haven't a clue. Carter and Jackson should both have an interest in their team member's safe return. That bit of snark that happens every episode has gotten old fast.IMO
              I'm not trying to get in on this particular arguement, but I just wanted to say how much Daniel's tsk, tsk was reminiscent of Jack's reactions to early Daniel's let-the-heart-lead actions.

I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing viv-a-vis Cam, just that it put me in mind of early Jack&Dan and that scene takes an interesting snapshot of Daniel's growth as a member of SG-1.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Fargater
                You may be right, but he did also mention the Trifecta, which is a horse racing wager.
                D'oh! You're right, it was Trifecta. I guess I made myself hear Triathelon. As to what he meant by the Daily Double, then, I guess that all bets are off....

But now I'm puzzled that he'd compare 3 things (AU, AD and time travel) to a wager instead of an event like, say, the Triple Crown.
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Pet Peeve:

Myrddin is the Welsh name of Merlin.

dd is not pronounced dd in Welsh. http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/fun/welsh/Lesson01.html

He is not Mird-din, he is, roughly, Myrth-in. Roughly. And Daniel is a freaking language and mythology expert. I'm neither, and I knew it was wrong! It rubs me as wrong as people who pronounced Celtic as Seltic.

Comment

I liked this episode. I had some of the wry humor of earlier seasons that I have missed.I liked that they let Carter show her exasperation and they let Amanda Tapping do some comic relief. The Ori still suck as bad guys IMO though.

angie
                    http://benbrowder.net
                    Ben Browder : blowin up things and kissin that's what we call Drahma !

Comment

Originally posted by Krilia
                      It rubs me as wrong as people who pronounced Celtic as Seltic.
                      I thought only the Scots did that with their famous catholic football team.
                      scarimor

Comment

Pet Peeve:

dd is not pronounced dd in Welsh. http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/fun/welsh/Lesson01.html

He is not Mird-din, he is, roughly, Myrth-in. Roughly. And Daniel is a freaking language and mythology expert. I'm neither, and I knew it was wrong! It rubs me as wrong as people who pronounced Celtic as Seltic.
                        I myself prefer Keltoi
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Pet Peeve:

THANK YOU. I've been doing a slow burn about that since the beginning of the season. Daniel should certainly have known better.

Comment

There's so much in Arthturian legend that they get wrong. *shrugs*

I liked this ep a LOT. Great fun.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                              [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Yeah because, dudes! If Mitchell can't interact physically with Teal'c and his dimension, how does his voice make vibrations in the air for Teal'c's lil ear-drums to pick up? How does Teal'c hear him blabbering?

I mean, not quantum mechanics; easy stuff - as in common knowledge to every adult (and a lot of kids) this side of the nineteenth century. So you need to account for the glitch if you're going to impose it.
                              Well, I feel dumb. I never questioned why Teal'c could hear him.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                                Well, I feel dumb. I never questioned why Teal'c could hear him.
                                Tell me about it. I totally missed that.

<-- she's talking!!

Comment

Working...
                                X