Arthur's Mantle (918)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mio
    Interesting. I suppose if anyone was to figure out how to combat an ascended being from this plane of existance, it would have to be an ascended being. It's interesting to know that that dimension shifting thing hides you from ascended beings. Raises questions about the Crystal Skull aliens.....

The question is: How does one target an ascended being with this weapon? Can it be used to kill Anubis and free Oma?

Side note: Dr. Lee is awesome.
    No. They could be anywhere in the universe, and I'm going to assume that the weapon doesn't just get something typed in that says something like "kill Anubis", and it'll do it. I think like any other weapon, you would need something to actually target, which is a little difficult if you have no idea where they are.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I liked this episode.
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        Man, I'm missing references left and right in this episode. When was this?
        Ack! I can't quite remember. I think it was when they were trying to figure out what happened to Sam and Mitchell. Mitchell said something like, "and for the double jeopardy..." I just remember it making me laugh because I love Jeopardy.

Edit: I wanted to green you for the following quote, but I have to spread it around first. It sums up my feelings about the matter exactly:

Okay, while there were definite flaws in his idea, and a lot of coincidences would have to fall into place for it to work, I think Mitchell's idea to take advantage of his out of phaseness to gather intel (which was one thing he could do) wasn't such a bad idea. Like I said, definite flaws (relaying the info) and coincidences (if there was info that could help rescue Teal'c, then someone would have had to fix the out of phase problem at the right moment to tell). And, while it was extremely impulsive idea, and the whole rushing off without considering things like I mentioned wasn't the smartest thing, I don't get a "need to play hero" thing, myself. I get a "hears someone Mitchell respects and is beginning to care about is in trouble, and he can't handle just sitting around. He needs to feel like he's doing something." The feelings behind the actions (my interpretation of them, anyway) are ones that I don't think are bad.
        I suppose he also felt that being out of phase, nothing could harm him, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Besides, nothing bad happened to Daniel in Crystal Skull, so he was looking at that as something of a precedent.
        Last edited by warmbeachbrat; 25 February 2006, 09:41 AM.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
          Ack! I can't quite remember. I think it was when they were trying to figure out what happened to Sam and Mitchell. Mitchell said something like, "and for the double jeopardy..." I just remember it making me laugh because I love Jeopardy.
          Oh, okay. I thought they made some connection to the Stargate episode Double Jeopardy.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
            I've gotten to the point that if Mitchell only annoys me for half the episode, it's a good one for me. And I liked everything else so much, that Maverick!Mitchell's grandstanding wasn't enough to make me dislike the episode.

I do have some hope that this is going to be addressed, just because the others are starting to show more and more annoyance at his behavior. And unless Daniel and Sam lied to Landry, he's going to know about the going off unauthorized like that as well.
            Landry would probably give him another medal. Such is the writing this year.
            Mitchell can do no wrong, anything that he does do wrong is treated as if it is right and he gets rewarded, thus why should he ever be any different.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I agree with Dana_Jeanne for the most part but I was somewhat mindlessly entertained - I was babysitting two puppies both in my lap and didn't concentrate on the show

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
              Two thumbs down and both feet. Stupid, ridiculous episode and someone please shoot Mitchell for me. Or stuff something in his impatient, know-it-all MOUTH.

Crsytal Skull did it first and much, much better.

Started out bad: previously on... was all Mitchell.
              I kept thinking how much better this would have been if it had been Jack

What's with Mr Rambo Teal'c and his two handed guns lately? And that sleeveless T-shirt has gotten really really really old.
              Rambo and the Terminator both came to mind

There were bits I liked-- Daniel and Sam were adorable. Liked them trying to translate the ancient, one letter at a time.
              Best part of the episode - seems like old times!

For some reason they seem to be writing Bill Lee more and more inept which sucks.
              I like the snarky guy of Paradise Lost

I LOATHE Mitchell calling Daniel "Jackson."

Mitchell doesn't belong on SG-1 or even in the SGC. He's a hot-headed, arrogant twit who seems to think he's God's gift to the SGC. Don't like him. Get rid of him PLEASE.

I'm tired of seeing all our allies continually killed off. Not that I cared about the Sodan since I find the Jaffa stuff BORING, but still.
              Jaffa Zombies, how novel!

Next week's preview? I'm sure we can all be forgiven for thinking they're going to be showing FARGATE next friday night.

Pfffhtttt.

I'm so hanging on to this show by a CRACKING fingernail.

Dana Jeanne
              Vala's return - Oh expletive deleted! I'll go play with the puppies next Friday.
              Last edited by Zoser; 25 February 2006, 10:05 AM.
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Man, I'm missing references left and right in this episode. When was this?

Actually it was the Daily Double. It's a referance to horse racing i.e. gambling , kinda like the trifecta (sp) remark Mitchell made earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
                  No, for me, Mitchell is lost. I'm not sure they can even fix him after all this time. Their mistake was filming the second half during the off period instead of like most shows where they film only a few weeks before air date. If they had done that, they would have seen fan reaction and could have fixed it before the season ended.
                  What makes you think the PTB would pay attention only to your POV and ignore all the people who are liking Mitchell?

Comment

snipped
                    Originally posted by AGateFan
                    Wow, good thing scifi just told us what was going to happen in the preview or I may actually be concerned something bad just happened.

The Blue Jello thing now must be the scientist food of choice.
                    Isn't this breakfast time - jello for breakfast - ick

Talk louder Carter, that will help….you work with morons
                    It always works when speaking to someone in a foreign language.

Well, I really wasn’t paying that much attention, but it seemed like an ok episode.
                    Some funny lines, some decent action, zombies are always a plus I suppose.
                    Zombies!
                    sigpic
                    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      Actually it was the Daily Double. It's a referance to horse racing i.e. gambling , kinda like the trifecta (sp) remark Mitchell made earlier.
                      Boy, do I feel dumb! Ah well, there were many other nice moments in the episode for me.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                        snipped

Never too early in the day to eat something sweet, imo. Now, I would have picked something super unhealthy, calorie laden, sugar heavy for breakfast, but I'd take jello if it was there.
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

snipped
                          Originally posted by star47
                          That marine(?) colonel left there with Teal'c was a little whiney, Teal'c needed to smack him upside the head. Was glad when Colonel Reynolds got there, he's ideal military.
                          Wasn't he explaining things to Teal'c that Teal'c probably knew better the he?

Again - Zats - Why didn't they use a zat against the zombie. It would have brought him down so they could have retrieved the crystal. Blowing the guy up (as well as shooting him filled with holes) while he possessed something vital seemed stupid.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                            snipped
                            Wasn't Sam up all night? Maybe she requested some--it might not have seemed like breakfast to her.

Comment

snipped
                              Originally posted by Weir'sRedShirt

Lee was aggravating. Is it just me, or didn't he used to be smart?

Do you think he has become the Felger replacement?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                                Boy, do I feel dumb! Ah well, there were many other nice moments in the episode for me.

Don't be. I used to live in an area where there was a lot of horse racing. The results were often played on one channel in the area. That's where I learned
                                the terms.

Comment

Working...
                                X