No announcement yet.

The Scourge (917)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw these bugs, and it served as a reminder for watching every horrible X-Files episode with bugs. Fortunetly for me, there weren't any pussing boils or bloody carcasses left behind, which is just one more reason I prefer Stargate to X-files as my SciFi show of choice.

In any case, I thought the best part of the epsidoe was the Starship Troopers reference at the end. Man, that movie freaks me out, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Tigress

In any case, I thought the best part of the epsidoe was the Starship Troopers reference at the end. Man, that movie freaks me out, lol.
      Yea, I liked that part as well, especially since Mitchell shuts Teal'c down on his "Old School" suggestion. It took me a second to get the joke, but then I was like OH SNAP.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

As soon as they all left the Research Center, I thought "that lady is going to trip in her high heels."

Loved when Woosley was running with his shirt hanging out.

I enjoyed watching this episode, but got tired of the guns. Did they all have to fire at once? Couldn't they conserve ammo? And I hope that was the last "beam them out at the last second" episode.

I was hoping at the end Daniel was going to say he couldn't make movie night (wink wink nod nod). I mean, he was smiling at her big time in the gate room.

Comment

I thought The Scourge was probably the mostterrible and forgettable hours of television the entire Stargate library.

However, I really did like the few short scenes where Mitchell tried to be a cut-up.

Otherwise, this epside is wholly forgettable.

The only high points in the episode for me were:

1. Seeing the Oddysee - a genuine Ancient war ship.

2. The two or three occasions Michell was allowed Ben's trademark comedic banter.

3. The short scene between Mitchell and Teal'c.

The bad:

A. The most blatant mad-lib episodes ever written. It seems as if the writers put a bunch of plot line elements into a bingo tumbler and rolled it until they randomly drew an entire episode worth of material.

B. There really was no reason to even film or air this episode.

c. They should have paid Amada Tapping scale for this episode. For all intents and purposes, outside of the scene with Woosley, she was an extra. She was practically background scenery.

D. What is going to come out of this episode? What are we going to have gained because of it?

Like I said, wholly forgettable. Even the acting was tepid.

Comment

The Odyssey isn't an Ancient ship. It's a BC-304 (Daedalus) class, the successor to the Prometheus (303). It's fully human built, though it does have Asgard shields, transporters, and engines. You're thinking of the
            Spoiler:
            Orion, from Atlantis.
            Last edited by Akai; 17 February 2006, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Well, i sure hope the explore the chinese angle more.
              This was to me the most interesting part of the episode. the rest was just meh.
              I wish they would expand on that further, without some lameass nuclear war scenario, but instead of building up a real relationship and getting together as one world.

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                Well, i sure hope the explore the chinese angle more.
                This was to me the most interesting part of the episode. the rest was just meh.
                I wish they would expand on that further, without some lameass nuclear war scenario, but instead of building up a real relationship and getting together as one world.
                Yes! Yes! Get some super weapon, destroy all the Ori quickly, and let the enemy be ourselves (humans). Or, heck, an enemy that tickles you to death for all I care. Silently. Just no more Ori.

Although, I really hope there's no plans of shipping Daniel and the Chinese Ambassador. I have to admit there were some disturbing hints, but if she comes back, hopefully it won't develop that way.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I enjoyed it. All I expect from SG-1 these days is to have fun for an hour, and I did. Teal'c rules.

And, by the way, I should point out the episode where Teal'c and Jack showed up at Sam's house with pizza and Star Wars. Yes, they DO watch movies together. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                    I am giving all the credit for this ep to the director Ken Girotti, who has also directed a few eps of "24". And it showed in his careful eye and camera moves. All I can say to TPTB is HIRE HIM AGAIN!!! PLEASE!!!
                    Ah, I noticed that this episode had a tight pacing, like earlier episodes and despite the "been there, done that" plot, it still had a sense of threat. Good job Mr. Girotti. I also really enjoyed Amanda Tapping's performance and as you said, all the actors were on the same page.
                    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

This epsiode was pretty decent. I thought that Mitchel was toned down somewhat for the Mitchel haters out there. I like Mitchel, but i guess i might be in the minority.

I kept thinking... If the replicators could evolve into the next best thing outside of human form... they might be like the bugs in this episode. Kind of like Pinocio becoming a real boy. I guess machines can't evolve technically. Only technologically. Maybe. Anyway, bugs are a touchy subject for me in science fiction. Not because they creep me out, but because they're sort of overdone and cliche. The bugs were definitely stolen from the, "Mummy" film.

I hope they're going somewhere with the Chinese wanting the Stargate thing. It would be cool.

Is anyone else waiting to see what the Ori will be like militarily? I am. I'm starting to get tired of the obscure dibble and dabble of the Ori. I'm ready to see what they're made of in terms of armies and ships. When TPTB announced their idea for the Ori... I thought, wow they sound like a force to be reckoned with, but crazy corn and bugs is not what i had in mind. I guess the overwhelming armies is what they're building up to i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                        Umm...conservation of mass anyone?

I mean, I know you have to be pretty forgiving about scientific inaccuracies as a fan of Stargate. But usually they at least come up with a line or two of technobabble to explain things like this away. How do they create that many bugs on only a small bit of meatloaf? Just..no.

This episode came off like a B-horror flick. Heck, this came off like a scifi channel original movie with slightly better acting and much bigger budget.

[comic book guy]Worst...episode..ever.[/comic book guy]
                        Maybe the bugs found the mess hall kitchens stockpile of meatloaf

Comment

The episode was ok overall. Highlights for me were Sam's scenes with Woolsey.

Are they even bothering to disguise their locations anymore? I recognised locations that looked almost exactly like ones from various episodes of Atlantis. I understand that they are limited in the locations they have available, but surely they could at least try to make them look different.

Also what was the point of going back for the 302's? So they would have been able to take off and cruise around - but then what? Mitchell mentioned that he'd ferry them somewhere far away, but that doesnt make sense. You can't operate a fighter of that size and weight from a grassy field. The Gamma site may of had alternate landing strips on the planet (that would make sense), but if they did surely that should have been mentioned? That whole 302 thing seemed poorley thought out and a weak way of getting Cam and Teal'c back to view the destruction of the actual site. Which, btw, didn't seemed to be that damaged. If the idea is to blow the site into small pieces so no-one can get anything useful from the wreckage - I think they need a bigger bomb...

Comment

I enjoyed this epi very much. I was entertained and had a fun watching it. I really liked Mitchell and Sam in this epi.
                            Sybil

Comment

Well I don't usually bother posting in the ep threads cos I find them totally negative - but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this ep!!!

And while I'm at it, I quite like Mitchell's character, I find him different from any other character we seen on SG-1 and he's funny. But hey that just seems to be me...

Sam was great talking to Woolsey LOL and the French guy was funny.

The bugs were sooo something outta the Mummy or X-Files...but they're forgiven cos I love the Mummy & X-Files !!

Good ep, not great, but good!! I'd give it 7.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
                                And, by the way, I should point out the episode where Teal'c and Jack showed up at Sam's house with pizza and Star Wars. Yes, they DO watch movies together. ^_^
                                There was no evidence that it was a regular occurence though. Sam was supposed to be taking time off. I think Jack was just trying to make sure she would actually kick back a little bit. "Have pizza......and fun."

And if you recall they didn't get to watch the movie. However perhaps Teal'c, Jack, and maybe Daniel did go to see a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello

Comment

Working...
                                X