No announcement yet.

Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey does anyone have a picture of the Odyssey? By the way I agree with the people who dislike Mitchell. He does irritate me to. I've watch up till the ep Ethon with a open mind to give this character a chance to intergrate with the show and crew dynamic but I'm sorry it's just not working for me. I wished Carter was in charge and Mitch under her comand, it only seems natural and right.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      So they can build and launch a ship in less then a year with a limitied trickle of raw materials and a fabrication process that must be done completely in secret and then assembled in secret? Come on. There is suspension of disbelief and then there is the writers insulting our intelligence. This definately falls into the later.
      You ever think that maybe the ships have been U/C for 4 years and The daedalus was just the first to finish? plus, dont forget we have the Asgard helping us with each ship. And I dont see any reason why they couldnt build any of these off world.

Comment

Originally posted by travis
        Hey does anyone have a picture of the Odyssey? By the way I agree with the people who dislike Mitchell. He does irritate me to. I've watch up till the ep Ethon with a open mind to give this character a chance to intergrate with the show and crew dynamic but I'm sorry it's just not working for me. I wished Carter was in charge and Mitch under her comand, it only seems natural and right.
        Just look at a picture of the Deadelus. As far as I can tell they are using the same SGI for both ships.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Here ya go:

Does anyone think it looks a little different?

(Originally posted by Wraith Hunter)

Comment

It seems this episode has provoked very mixed reactions from our jolly forumers, doesnt it

I personnaly cant wait to see it. Loved Ethon last week and Im really lookin forward to seeing the odyssey(which most people have known about for months so it didnt really just 'appear out of no where') And also the cool looking scenes inside the Gould mothership.

I have one question though:

Did Odyssey kick alot of a** in this episode? Destroy lots of naughty Lucian Alliance members?

Comment

No, whoever the weapons officer is needs to be court martield, captain says to target the lead ship, then we see (In the cgi shot) that it attacks 2 of them.

This ep was really good in the last 10 or so mins, but the rest was good too.

Anyone else get a major flashback to Homeworld the pc game? If anyone can check the full credits, does "Michael Sunczyk" appear (possibly Campbell Lane, Brian Arnold, or Lucas Wolf). I'm sure that baals officer is the same guy, and he said almost identical lines to in the game. "We are being hailed", "Detecting 4 other ships in close proximity" etc.

Love that new gun mitchell had, I think I said somewhere it was G36K, and it owned those Jaffa, and so did Teal'c with the dual wield MP7.
              Last edited by macktheknife; 11 February 2006, 05:09 AM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                I rather liked this episode. Sam was hot
                Which episode is she not?

Comment

this was a good episode
                  a good classic team episode, we haven't had such one in quite some time (last time was Its Good To Be King I think)

I liked Nerus better in Beachhead

Comment

I must say the one thing I did really, really, really like about this ep was when they were in the Mothership moving down the hallway in a move and cover situaiton. Too bad that scene was too short and then followed by the improbably dual weilding (acutally hitting something) thing which took me out of the reality of the moment. Of course it did look cool and for some thats all that really matters.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

What was with their weapons?

Anyway, it was an OK ep, and on the plus side, we now have 20 or so Stargates to do whatever we want with.
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought baal was going to do something cool, like blow up suns and stuff with them. But noooo, he just wanted to make another empire (?). Bah. Sorry baal, but your evil schemes just don't have the kick that they used to.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          What was with their weapons?

Anyway, it was an OK ep, and on the plus side, we now have 20 or so Stargates to do whatever we want with.
                          We actually got the stargates he stole!? COOL!

Comment

The episode had some good moments, but lots of plotholes as others have mentioned. And for me the suspense was not really there.

I did like Sam and Daniel in it. Sam continues to be consistently competent and getting the job done. Daniel was good--but even here Daniel would normally be able to come up with better ways to respond when they were captured. Daniel was used mainly as soldierDaniel in this one.

I am dumbfounded at how poorly Mitchell continues to be written. IMO, the writers fail to write him as a believable and credible leader. They sacrifice him for the sake of the plot. Sam and Daniel just seem to be annoyed with him. He is cocky and obnoxious. I liked Mitchell in Ethon, but here we go again with a poorly written Mitchell in this episode. Just IMO, but I think that way he is written is ruining the show. He is in the forefront much of the time, and his lines are often cringeworthy. This is totally unfair to BB. They are having him play a leader who can be easily discredited at every turn, and even Sam and Daniel are reacting to him this way on screen. They tolerate him at at best. I'm not saying they don't like him; but as the "leader"---why would I think that they have any confidence in him? As a result, the whole show is losing credibility. Sam is far more competent, level-headed, and gets the job done.

I liked the last scene--particularly Daniel and Sam's reaction to Mitchell in the end.

Comment

I think mitchell does have his bad moments but I think his character will improve, i'm quite looking for to Aurthurs mantel when him and Sam go out of phase (or something) and they have to use it to help out the Sodan. I personally dont mind him at all but i'll admit the carachter can be a little annoying some times but I think that will stop soon when i get more used to him. I like him overall.

Comment

I found that the episode had a handful of flaws, but most of them were in the first 28 minutes or so. Mitchell totally pulled an O'Neiller (DANIEL: We have a problem... MITCHELL: Yes, we're shooting at it!), but it was okay, I suppose. Not too serious. Super-corn? Sounds okay, I guess. Not great, but not bad. However, the "who would be a better drug pusher" debate seemed like something that the producers thought was a good idea at the moment, and it probably looked better on paper. It was funny, sure - espescially Teal'c's role in it - but it was pointless and it pushed Mitchell away from the team. I thought the "Mary Poppins" line was funny, but mean. Daniel is the better negotiator, so Mitchell should have let him do it - although, Daniel is getting a bit edgier. "What the hell was that?" Yeah, O'Neill rubbed off on him. Now, the Lucian Alliance. They... well, seemed rather pathetic. They move in large groups in plain sight and they have big guns. Did anyone think of throwing a grenade, or setting up a defensive perimeter around the gate, knowing that they were probably going to a hostile world? I didn't like that too much, it seemed a bit hasty. Also, they seemed less alien and more of a hybrid between the mafia and drug-dealers in the streets of New York. Not too cool, or impressive. And when they were about to execute the rest of SG-1 aside from Cameron, to show him watch his team-mates die... I mean, what were the rest of SG-1 thinking? Accepting him like that. Cameron doing nothing to try to stop the alliance. Could have said something.

But enough of the nitpicking from that. The later half of the episode got much better. Team action. Cam stopped being an entire hothead, and worked with Teal'c and Jackson to hold of the jaffa while Carter tagged the gates. Carter saved all their butts when she dialed them out of there after tagging the last gate. The CGI ship battle was amazing - although, the establishing shots of the alliance ships showed them not rotating, as we know that those ships should. But other than that, it left a good taste in my mouth. The very last scene was enjoyable, "we are indeed suitably employed."

Overall, I give it a **1/2. It was an enjoyable but average episode, for the most part, but it wasn't an arc-driven one or character development one to get above that.

Comment

Working...
                                X