Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    Party pooper! I prefer to think he consumed it.
    lol...that's what i thought.
    "Yeah Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."
    "Why not?"
    "The codename for the project is Prometheus. What's wrong with that?"
    NOTHING!

Comment

I guess Ba'al made just enough copies of himself so at least one can die each episode untill the end of the season.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

But there were 4 of him on this ship so I assume 4 died in this ep... whats the count now 6 or 7 down.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I thought this episode was great from start to finish. I loved the Mary Poppins line and Sam's reaction; I thought the Landry/Nerus byplay was funny (and ultimately ingenious on Landry's part); the battle on Ba'al's ship was very nice and gave a nice echo of earlier episodes. And it's always nice to see Ba'al again (the outfit, while not terrible, was definitely not his best--must be getting harder to get a good tailor in the outermost regions of the galaxy). I suppose the only thing that really didn't wow me was the whole Lucien Alliance thing--they seem more of a distraction than anything else.

But I think my favorite part was the Teal'c/Mitchell interaction. I'm really liking the way their relationship is shaping up. It seems like Teal'c regards Mitchell as a little brother (and treats him the same) and Cam sees Teal'c as an older brother/mentor type. It's nice to see. I think it gives Teal'c a sort of focus or reason to stick around. It might be interesting to see the Teal'c/Cameron relationship evolve into a Bra'tac/Teal'c relationship.

Regarding the ending with Mitchell saying it was a good day. I think because they completed their mission of retrieving the gates and making it back to SGC in one piece (relatively speaking), that it left Mitchell (and Teal'c) feeling a sense of accomplishment after a hard-fought battle. Very different from the ending of the last episode where all their hard work and sacrifice was for nothing.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
            Oh thank you. Now, I don't need to scrub my brain with bleach.

I figured out who the captain of the Oddyssey (I know, I'm spelling it wrong) was. He looked familiar. He played Dale, John Carter's nemesis on the early seasons of ER. I think.
            He played in Wedding Singer playing the out of date stockbroker sleaze fiance of Adam Sandler's crush interest.

Comment

I wouldn't have known him from that. I stay away from Adam Sandler films.

eta and ot: nice username.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                But there were 4 of him on this ship so I assume 4 died in this ep... whats the count now 6 or 7 down.
                We didn't actually see any of them die. Who knows maybe gated off like SG-1 did.

Comment

I agree I think killing Baal over and over loses impact. I have watched stargate from the beginning and love the show. However this episode had me rutting for Baal. I mean what was the point in getting back the gates? He was going to use the gates to start over. I don't know why SG1 needed to get the gates, to give them to the drug dealers? Didn't see the point in killing the goa'uld, it was a waste of character development to kill them off for such a stupid reason. Though I'm still hopeful that the writers will resurrect Osiris since it's obvious they're shooting for sex appeal now

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                    I think its cool because they can just keep bringing him back and it always leaves me guess whether or not that they've killed the real Ba'al are just another clone.
                    I think it's safe to assume that the very LAST one left at the end of the season is the real Ba'al.

Comment

[QUOTE=warmbeachbrat]...But I think my favorite part was the Teal'c/Mitchell interaction. I'm really liking the way their relationship is shaping up. It seems like Teal'c regards Mitchell as a little brother (and treats him the same) and Cam sees Teal'c as an older brother/mentor type. It's nice to see. I think it gives Teal'c a sort of focus or reason to stick around. It might be interesting to see the Teal'c/Cameron relationship evolve into a Bra'tac/Teal'c relationship......

[QUOTE]

Yeah I like the back and forth between them too. Especially on the Daedalus in Ripple Effect when Teal’c kicked his a** that was classic

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
                        They have in fact been working on ships far before Prommie got blown away. They were focused on building ships its just that the Deadalus was the first one off the line and once they saw its success they cranked up the pace seeing the opportunity for dominance once gouald fell.
                        So they can build and launch a ship in less then a year with a limitied trickle of raw materials and a fabrication process that must be done completely in secret and then assembled in secret? Come on. There is suspension of disbelief and then there is the writers insulting our intelligence. This definately falls into the later.

Comment

Originally posted by sirjust2000
                          I agree I think killing Baal over and over loses impact. I have watched stargate from the beginning and love the show. However this episode had me rutting for Baal. I mean what was the point in getting back the gates? He was going to use the gates to start over. I don't know why SG1 needed to get the gates, to give them to the drug dealers? Didn't see the point in killing the goa'uld, it was a waste of character development to kill them off for such a stupid reason. Though I'm still hopeful that the writers will resurrect Osiris since it's obvious they're shooting for sex appeal now

Well, they took the gates to keep Ba'al from using them to restart his empire.

While I can see why they would want a victory after last week, I think it would have been more interesting if they hadn't gotten all the gates. I mean, if Ba'al is rebuilding, it shouldn't have ended in just one episode.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by sirjust2000
                            They needed the gates because if they didn't get them back and return them it would have thrown all of the correlative updates that the gates system receives out of wack if Ba'al stole enough gates. I assume this would have made gate travel impossible.

Comment

I think it would be pretty cool if one of the Ba'als clones turned out to be good, do to some genetic mutation. I think it would have made for a better episode.

Comment

so am i being silly or maybe scifi should concentrate their advertising on 'ba'al room dancing' if they're so worried about dancing with the stars hurting thier ratings

I like baal, i really do. but stop killing him FCOL
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X