No announcement yet.

Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this episode had its moments. i agree...i didn't like the flashback thing at the beginning. they never really finished the thing with the corn. yes we found out that it was being like artificially made addictive but nothing further. i like corn btw. anyways, loved the mary poppins scene and the ending scene. did you catch on that cam said it was a good day in contrast to ethon when it ended with this was a bad day. oh and i saw the cupcake thing coming. and i'm guessing it was another clone that blew up w/ the ship? oh and yay a new ship!
    "Yeah Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise."
    "Why not?"
    "The codename for the project is Prometheus. What's wrong with that?"
    NOTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347

My first thought with the corn was, couldn't they think of some better way of introduce the actual plot? I mean, addictive corn? Hmm, wonder what an episode where the corn was the actual plot, with SG1 actually getting addicted might have been like.

Yeah that kinda through me off too, and then I thought they were going to say that Ba'al was actually behind the corn/casa. I thought that they were going to explain how he regular old corn from earth and altered in order to get people hooked and to build his new empire after observing how drugs can be a quick way to power here on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        He didnt Eat the locator beacon, it was packed with his cupcakes.

Oh thank you. Now, I don't need to scrub my brain with bleach.

I figured out who the captain of the Oddyssey (I know, I'm spelling it wrong) was. He looked familiar. He played Dale, John Carter's nemesis on the early seasons of ER. I think.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Sorry about the double post.

Comment

Why oh why do they have the need to kill Baal every other episode -_-

I love Baal but now every time we see him he ends up dead (well his clones any way)

and Im getting sick of it ;_;

Comment

Ok someones gotta help me out here. Except for the fact that it is so incredibly utterly convienient that the prometheus got blown up last week and TADA!!! Our next new ship is built and flying already!!! Daedalus was only finished up less than a year a go and they already have another one turned out? It takes 4 years to build a Nimitz-class air craft carrier using materials found every where on earth. Yet they can turn out a brand spanking new Daedalus class spaceship in less then a year, built using metals and elements found only off world all of which have to be brough back load by load through the SGC, refinined and then all built in secret and they did this in less than a year? Total BS.

Ok now someone needs to help me out with understanding the plot. Ba'al was stealing stargates and removing them from the gate system by disabling the correlative updates in order to establish a new empire. Could someone explain to me exactly how this would work, I dont get it.

Comment

Well actually they didn't really say Gen. Landry just implied that it was in a cup cake now weather he ate it or not is open for interpretation. I'd like to assume that he ate it therefore giving this episode another pleasant wrinkle.

Comment

This one sucked

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                    Ok someones gotta help me out here. Except for the fact that it is so incredibly utterly convienient that the prometheus got blown up last week and TADA!!! Our next new ship is built and flying already!!! Daedalus was only finished up less than a year a go and they already have another one turned out? It takes 4 years to build a Nimitz-class air craft carrier using materials found every where on earth. Yet they can turn out a brand spanking new Daedalus class spaceship in less then a year, built using metals and elements found only off world all of which have to be brough back load by load through the SGC, refinined and then all built in secret and they did this in less than a year? Total BS.

Ok now someone needs to help me out with understanding the plot. Ba'al was stealing stargates and removing them from the gate system by disabling the correlative updates in order to establish a new empire. Could someone explain to me exactly how this would work, I dont get it.

I think they'd (SGC/Home world security) been actively working on the equivalent to a Goa'uld fleet. When Sam was at area 51 sin the beginning of the season I believe the Odyssey was the ship she was working on but she could have been working on several Daedalus class ships.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
                      Why oh why do they have the need to kill Baal every other episode -_-

I love Baal but now every time we see him he ends up dead (well his clones any way)

and Im getting sick of it ;_;

I think its cool because they can just keep bringing him back and it always leaves me guess whether or not that they've killed the real Ba'al are just another clone.

Comment

yeah, but it does get old

and i still don't quite understand how they were able to close two totally separate entities in one body, especially since harlan couldn't quite pull that off with his copies
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                          I think they'd (SGC/Home world security) been actively working on the equivalent to a Goa'uld fleet. When Sam was at area 51 sin the beginning of the season I believe the Odyssey was the ship she was working on but she could have been working on several Daedalus class ships.
                          How many massive, completely underground construction facilities can they have completely with production facilities nearby? Even then, if they had a bunch how many could they actually operate at once? The trinium and naquada are the key components for the ships and have to be mind off world and brought through the gate load by load, there wouldnt be a steady enough supply to continuously operate more than one or two construction projects

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            yeah, but it does get old
                            I agree. Once, having Ba'al die, and then come back is cool. But, have it happen again and again? It's like when you see him die, there's no impact. And, no impact when he shows up again.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              He didnt Eat the locator beacon, it was packed with his cupcakes.
                              Party pooper! I prefer to think he consumed it.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                                They have in fact been working on ships far before Prommie got blown away. They were focused on building ships its just that the Deadalus was the first one off the line and once they saw its success they cranked up the pace seeing the opportunity for dominance once gouald fell.

Comment

Working...
                                X