Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    With the replicators now gone, the Asgards really have nothing to do so while they are replenishing their own stock of ships, they are helping Earth build a fleet as well. In exchange, we give them all the M&M's they want. Yellow is Thor's favorite.
    LOL! Makes sense to me.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
      Alpha or Beta Site, I'd wager.

Mattathias
      You know, it would be really cool to have a building site on that Unas world(Enemy Mine), with, eventually, one of the ships having some Unas crewmembers on it.

Or maybe I've just been reading too many Terry Pratchett Night Watch-based stories, lately.
      Gracie

Comment

Ok I can't believe the number of people who have commented on the whole "they got teleported while sitting and then appeared standing"

I would have been bothered by this except it's already happened before on Stargate Atlantis
        Sorry I don't remember the episode name?
        Spoiler:
        Shephard is beamed off an F-302. He's obviously sitting in the cockpit. He appears on the Daedaelus, very much standing

Hasn't the reversed happened before in an older SG-1 episode? Someone is beamed down into a chair? Well that'll take some combing of all episodes where Asgard teleporters are used

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          maybe because it was cheaper to use the same scene twice??????

lame i know but that seems to be a trend
          But that's just it, they weren't the same scene. If you look at them and listen to them, you will notice the second time around, the actors are in slightly different positions and they have slightly different lines of dialog that even have a different delivery to them.

Marla
          ______
          Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
            You know, it would be really cool to have a building site on that Unas world(Enemy Mine), with, eventually, one of the ships having some Unas crewmembers on it.

Or maybe I've just been reading too many Terry Pratchett Night Watch-based stories, lately.
            Unas Crewmembers? Doing what?

I'd think they'd be very afraid of even seeing the ship.

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
              Its already been said somewhere, there are tons of underground bunkers all over america. And anyway, theres only been 3 ships. that ONLY = 3 bunkers.
              Tok'ra tunnelling crystals would create an underground facility in about 4 hours tops and no one would detect them being created. At the most they would come off as minor earthquake tremors.

After that, all they need do is beam in the equipment or set up some transport rings.

Marla
              ______

Comment

A lot of people have already covered the annoying points about this episode. So I'll keep this short.

This would have been so much better if it had just been about Baal stealing the stargates, rather than having 2/3 of the episode wasted on the Mitchell/corn idiot session. Underneath it all I could see an interesting, simple story trying to get out.

Nit-pick; why would you beam your team into the junction of a corridor where they have to wonderful opportunity of being shot from three sides rather than one?
                Big-pick; Mitchell - what is he? 12?
                One of the reasons he never hooked me was the stupid "Now that's what I'm talking about!" from the first few episodes. Nice to see he hasn't developed in the mean time.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                  A lot of people have already covered the annoying points about this episode. So I'll keep this short.

This would have been so much better if it had just been about Baal stealing the stargates, rather than having 2/3 of the episode wasted on the Mitchell/corn idiot session. Underneath it all I could see an interesting, simple story trying to get out.

Nit-pick; why would you beam your team into the junction of a corridor where they have to wonderful opportunity of being shot from three sides rather than one?
                  Big-pick; Mitchell - what is he? 12?
                  One of the reasons he never hooked me was the stupid "Now that's what I'm talking about!" from the first few episodes. Nice to see he hasn't developed in the mean time.
                  The show was so Corny.

hahahahah corny get it .....cooorrrrrnnyyyyyy. ahhahahahahahahah

I crack myself up.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                    Unas Crewmembers? Doing what?

I'd think they'd be very afraid of even seeing the ship.

Mattathias

That's why I included the word, "eventually."

And they've seen Goa'uld tech and were able to overcome their Goa'uld masters and keep them away, so they may have hidden depths.

Hey if Ferengi can be scientists....
                    Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      The show was so Corny.

I crack myself up.

I knew someone was going to pick up on that.

I was going to end it with a request that they Cut the Corn.
                      But I couldn't find my drum kit.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                        I was hoping Sam would punch him for the Mary Poppins crack. Yeah it was funny... but seeing Cam sprawl would've been even funnier.
                        True, but Sam's too professional to do that in the middle of mission, however well deserved it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          The show was so Corny.

I crack myself up.
                          Does this mean that the Lucian Alliance will be 'stalking' SG-1 now because of the corn incident?

Marla
                          ______

Comment

The Mary Poppins crack was one of the funniest lines in the ep, mostly because it was too true. For people posing as drug dealers, they were way too clean cut, and it cracks me up that Sam had on her usual makeup and hairdo. I guess going undercover doesn't include changing hairdos or adding makeup.

Sigh. I had a lot of problems with this ep, and I wasn't thrilled with Mitchell. He came across as a bit of an idiot. I can't help wondering why the writers are writing him that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i agree. instead of showing us the dash for the gate twice, show us them rescuing cam from the baddies. why waste a precious minute on the same scene whenyou've left a plot hold the size of seattle.
                              REminded me of Monty Python: "Scene Missing" --What an amazing escape!

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                                The Mary Poppins crack was one of the funniest lines in the ep, mostly because it was too true. For people posing as drug dealers, they were way too clean cut,
                                Yeah, I didn't take it as a comment about Sam being weak. Sam's a crack shot, good at hand to hand combat, extremely intelligent - and I still think no one would buy her as a drug dealer. She's not devious enough.

I guess going undercover doesn't include changing hairdos or adding makeup.
                                Although it does include taking off your glasses. I find it funny that when Daniel is going on a planet as himself, with the same potential danger, he wears his glasses. But, when he's in disguise, he takes them off.

Daniel is Superman!
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X