Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SciFiGal
    I liked the episode and unlike most of the folks who've posted Cam cracks me up with the wisecracks. And, I don't think they're giving him Jack's lines - I've read that comment quite a bit also and I just don't see if that way.
    Hell cam is a hell of a lot better than Jack. People say that he keeps cracking one liners at inappropriate moments, but that is what Jack did all the time, the difference is that Cam is actually funny and good at it. Especially compared to the lackluster performance RDA gave the last three seasons. Ben Browder is a very welcome addition and breath of fresh air in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      If that was true why did they show the same scene twice?
      maybe because it was cheaper to use the same scene twice??????

lame i know but that seems to be a trend
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Two days? Two days, how is that at all in the realm of possible believability?
        Don’t people have to drink, eat, sleep, and go to bathroom in two days? They didn’t even look tired. They didn’t collapse when beamed aboard the ship, heck they looked cleaner and refreshed when beamed aboard the ship.

it's not. what i think it is is a lazy plot hole. early in the eps emerson's bridge officer says that they're 22 hours out and i'm willing to bet no one beta'd the script to realize that sg1 was captive for 22+ hours (landry didn't even start to send help until they were 2 hours overdue IIRC) and either didn't want to go back to fix it or didn't even realize that they futzed up....again

it's kinda like in s7 and the timeline we're given, that death knell is a month after evolution. Which means that grace, chimera, and fall out all take place in that month....which means that sam recovered from her bad concussion, got set up with, met and dated pete and still went off to kelowna to keep the planet from blowing up....and also recovered from her owie from evolution, all in 30 days

just isn't possible but, apparantly, when the writer put in 'a month' he forgot to look at what all happened in that month

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          maybe because it was cheaper to use the same scene twice??????

lame i know but that seems to be a trend
          Actually my question was just a way to argue against JUNIOR's thought that maybe they actually shot the Mitchell rescue scene originally and then "...got strapped for time and had to lose it in the final cut".

IMHO it was just a cheap out to a situation the writer could not effectively write his way out of not a lack of time in the ep.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yeah, there's no way they were sitting on that same bench for 2 days or 22 hours. To me, it looked like a few hours, tops. And I have to admit that it bugged me that when they got beamed aboard the ship, they were standing up instead of sitting down. I think it would've been funny for them to get beamed aboard in their sitting position and then fall backward as soon as they materialize.

Comment

i agree. instead of showing us the dash for the gate twice, show us them rescuing cam from the baddies. why waste a precious minute on the same scene whenyou've left a plot hold the size of seattle.

it's tell not show.

and yeah, the only thing they need to take all the danger out of it is to snag a sarc for the infirmary so that when cam screws up and gets the team killed, they can be revived so he can keep screwing up

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                Yeah, there's no way they were sitting on that same bench for 2 days or 22 hours. To me, it looked like a few hours, tops. And I have to admit that it bugged me that when they got beamed aboard the ship, they were standing up instead of sitting down. I think it would've been funny for them to get beamed aboard in their sitting position and then fall backward as soon as they materialize.
                yep. very very sloppy

sigpic

Comment

I think they needed to repeat that sequence.

Think about it, it would go straight from the big 3 talking about rescuing Mitch and getting captured. You're missing a lot of plot there in the middle.

The best thing would be to think up a whole new teaser.

Comment

Actually my question was just a way to argue against JUNIOR's thought that maybe they actually shot the Mitchell rescue scene originally and then "...got strapped for time and had to lose it in the final cut".

IMHO it was just a cheap out to a situation the writer could not effectively write his way out of not a lack of time in the ep.
                    They could have cut it though it happens all the time from what I read in JM's old blog. I would like to believe that they cut it out being that to me this makes more since than the writers or producer just completely disregarding the scene and saying "we can shoot around it no one will notice."

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
                      Just because they were together 90% of the time does not mean they worked together as a team. I saw OTT Mitchell defy orders, get the team in trouble, make a derogatory remark to Sam, captured, tortured (or what was supposed to be torture) and then act like a little kid thinking it was fun at the end.
                      Yeah, great team episode.
                      It looked like Teal'c thought it was fun at the end also. I guess I thought they were happy and satisfied that the mission was successfully completed (unlike the previous week's episode).

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I personally love the Mitchell'isms, reminds me of how great Farscape was. I prefer when BB plays Mitchell like Crichton. Crichton's a great character.

Comment

...IMHO it was just a cheap out to a situation the writer could not effectively write his way out of not a lack of time in the ep.
                          I think the writers could have written a way for Mitch. to get out of that situation. If I recall there was only about ten men. All SG-1 would have had to do was come up with a diversion (maybe set off a grenade just out side of the shake or whatever they where in) in order get some of the men out side the walls have Daniel spray them with the MP-7 and Sam and Teal'c could flank the remanding men or something to that affect. But if they did this then it would have taken an element (The Alliance) away from the story.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
                            Your right that would have been funny to see Sam punch the hell out of Mitchell, and while he’s on the ground She would say “do I seem like a drug dealer now?” then Mitchell would say “more like a fifth grade bully” and then Daniel would say to Teal’c "I guess Poppins was a fair description" and Teal’c would say “indeed” then they would help Mitchell off the ground while Sam goes and posses as the drug dealer. That would have been funny too in my opinion.
                            ROFLMAO!!!
                            Fargater (n.) A Farscape fan who got curious about Stargate SG-1 on learning BB and CB would be joining, belatedly discovered the greatness of Stargate SG-1 in reruns, and who is now a happy fan of both shows.

Comment

Originally posted by GateShip One
                              I personally love the Mitchell'isms, reminds me of how great Farscape was. I prefer when BB plays Mitchell like Crichton. Crichton's a great character.
                              I think that's one of the big reasons why Mitchell has come under so much flak... People don't want a Chricton clone in Stargate.

Comment

I don't see Crichton in Mitchell - apart from the fact they wear the same face I don't see the correlation.
                                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X