Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yowo

The best thing about this episode was the Mary Poppins crack.
    Now here I have to disagree. The woman who first walked into the briefing room 8 or 9 years ago would not have put up with that. She should not now.
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

This was a letdown for me. Going off-world in leather to pose as drug dealers peddling a drug similar to corn on the cob? Huh?

Does the SGC have a closet labelled "Leather for off-world missions"?

Cameron had some funny lines and I liked the Daniel/Mitchell banter, but other than that it was only mildly entertaining.

Next week: bugs? *eyeroll*

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Yeah one of the reasons they have never mentioned where Jack has gone is because he's not really in Washington DC like most people think. He's actually working with the Asgard on building Daedalus-class ships for Earth. Jack had to go because the Asgard's don't really trust anyone else to be allowed on one of their planets, so Jack is there as an ambassador.

With the replicators now gone, the Asgards really have nothing to do so while they are replenishing their own stock of ships, they are helping Earth build a fleet as well. In exchange, we give them all the M&M's they want. Yellow is Thor's favorite.
        Do you think they cloned a Carter for him?
        sigpic
        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
          I get it, Nerus likes food. It was damn amusing in Beachhead. It was momentarily funny here in Off The Grid. But whose ever idea it was to have food flung everwhere really lost it.
          I agree. Disgusting.

For as much fun as it was to see Teal'c and Mitchell defending their position, it was the scenes of Carter and Daniel tagging the gates that did it for me. I loved how once the shooting started neither Carter nor Daniel hesitated.
          Yes, I really liked the shot of Daniel and Sam going off to tag the gates.

Zoser
          When Mitchell needed help fending off the Jaffa, who does he call a seasoned professional Air Force officer or an archaeologist?
          Well, yes, Sam is a seasoned Air Force officer and a great shot with a gun, but Daniel is hardly unqualified to help. He's had 8 years of on the job training himself. It's not that unlikely that he would call on Daniel. The scene would have worked with Sam, but I don't think it was wrong that he called another person who knows how to shoot and who has had experience himself in fending off Jaffa. Even if that other person is an archeologist.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Yeah the whole time thing had me all messed up. I was talking to my sister during the first 10mins and was totally lost when we came back from the commercial and they were suddenly back in the SGC briefing room. I had to rewind to find out what I had missed and then I was just as confused.

We know they were on the planet for at least four hours before the drug dealers even started talking to Mitchell, then the chat with him, and the so-called escape and disappearance of the Stargates. I just assumed they had been sitting on the bench for an hour tops, but according the leader of the Allience they had SG-1 in their possession for two days and hadn't gotten any information. You'd think SG-1 would have looked a bit more tired and uncomfortable. I know my bum would have been alseep after two days of sitting in the same position.

Also how did we manage to alter our beaming technology so that it would beam a man sitting down and have them rematerialize standing up?
            Two days? Two days, how is that at all in the realm of possible believability?
            Don’t people have to drink, eat, sleep, and go to bathroom in two days? They didn’t even look tired. They didn’t collapse when beamed aboard the ship, heck they looked cleaner and refreshed when beamed aboard the ship.

There is no freaking way they were tied to those benches for 8 hours let alone 48 hours. Why would the writers even add that line. Why not just say "you have had SG-1 for 5 hours and haven’t gotten anything out of them and why would they steal the gate anyway?" (or whatever he said). Why 2 days? See it’s these stupid little things that show the inattention of the writers and the lack of care of the show.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I am not going to nit-pick this one because so many people do this already so I am just going to say that this was a very solid episode so it gets 4/5 for me.

As for the beaming out deal that someone asked, they said in the episode that SG-1 was given implant beacons in them after the incident from 'Ethon.'

Don't you wish things in life were more normal?

Comment

Originally posted by MoebiusStrip
                I am not going to nit-pick this one because so many people do this already so I am just going to say that this was a very solid episode so it gets 4/5 for me.

As for the beaming out deal that someone asked, they said in the episode that SG-1 was given implant beacons in them after the incident from 'Ethon.'
                Oh hey now that is something I wanted to give props to the show on. They finally decided to use PDTs. I have always wondered when they would get around to that and have always thought SG personel should have them... I think you can even use that as a double security to the GDO. You get the code and confirm that SG-1s PDTs are nearby.

PDT = Personal Data Transmitters (the term used in Aliens for the implanted tracking devices in the marines.)
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

anyone else thinks Mitchell should be court-martialed?

Comment

This was a ridiculous peice of utter crap. Since I don't watch the show to see what Daniel is wearing this week, the fact that he was in leather did nothing for me as far as the STORY went. Nice BIG plot hole there, whoever wrote it, when we cut from Mitchell about to be shot and the other three twits about to be discovered, to suddenly have all four of those people I don't recognise running from the bad guys. HUH? How did they rescue Mitchell? DUMB DUMB DUMB.

And Carter re-wires the DHD in ten seconds to get them to gate off the ship? Excuse me? Utterly unbelievable, EVEN for Super!Carter. And how nice that we blow up one ship and suddenly have a brand new fresh and better ship ready to take it's place.

And I have to say that I'm also OFFICIALLY sick of Mitchell. I didn't watch Farscape, so I can't compare the characters, but whomever Mitchell is supposed to be on the show, he's failing to keep me interested. If I wanted to watch teenage boys spew out stupid one-liners at what SHOULD be serious moments, I'd go hang out at the local High School.

Mitchell couldn't lead a high school band off the football field. What an idiot. They're supposed to keep a low profile and what's the first thing he does? Big Mouths his way into getting captured by pretending to be a drug dealer. He didn't even do a good job pretending. His attitude toward his three teammates in regards to thier abilities at playing the drug dealer were extremely condescending and uncalled for. If Sci Fi wants Browder to have a job so badly, they should find him a nice "In Search Of...." rip-off for him to star in and leave Stargate alone.

Carter's cleavage was ridiculous. We were taking bets on whether her boobs were going to fall out or if they'd been taped to the material. I thought the "Mary Poppins" remark by Mitchell was extremely sexist and Carter would be totally in the right to report him. They're supposed to be "equal" and "Sharing" command, yet he treats her like this?

Teal'c looked silly playing Rambo. Please-- standing in the middle of the hallway with a gun in each hand blindly shooting off to the side? He's lucky HE didn't get shot. The entire episode was a little boys game of shoot 'em up. A total waste of an hour in my house.

And why was Daniel even in this episode? He certainly wasn't needed. I like eye candy as much as the next girl, but I'd be just as happy looking at pictures.

I'm thisclose to giving up on the whole thing, Daniel or no Daniel.

Dana Jeanne
                    Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

I totally agree with you Dana_Jeanne! I couldn't have said it better! So I let it be.

But I'm not giving up on the show now. There is still hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven
                        anyone else thinks Mitchell should be court-martialed?
                        No, but he does need to have his Gatepass revoked and be recommended for some psychological counseling and gate training.

Once he has worked through his temper management issues, gained some self control and learned some of the basic SG team skills that Lt Hailey and her squad had to learn, then he can come back.

EDIT: Oh, and when he comes back, it should be as 2ic so he can just shut up and "learn from the best" like he wanted. Carter should treat him like O'Neill treated the kid from ROE.

Comment

Anubis only has one N in it.
                          why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                            Two days? Two days, how is that at all in the realm of possible believability?
                            Don’t people have to drink, eat, sleep, and go to bathroom in two days? They didn’t even look tired. They didn’t collapse when beamed aboard the ship, heck they looked cleaner and refreshed when beamed aboard the ship.

There is no freaking way they were tied to those benches for 8 hours let alone 48 hours. Why would the writers even add that line. Why not just say "you have had SG-1 for 5 hours and haven’t gotten anything out of them and why would they steal the gate anyway?" (or whatever he said). Why 2 days? See it’s these stupid little things that show the inattention of the writers and the lack of care of the show.
                            Yes. They could have shown more evidence of injury or have Sam or another one lying on the ground like they'd been really beaten up more. When the Col on the ship says something like "you've been through a lot" I was thinking, they've been through a heck of a lot worse w/out going to the infirmary.

Of course how much do you bet they'll claim later--oh we really wanted to show the passage of time, but it was too expensive to set up another shot showing them having moved. Or: the episode ran long so we had to cut it. That might explain how they never left the benches, not the fact that the Asgard beaming technology apparently has sarcophagus-like curative powers.

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel

So is Ba'al really dead, or is he going to bounce back again (ok bad pun, I know, but I couldn't resist).
                              Bad pun? I think it's hilarious!

Comment

Please. Baal dead for the last time? Not a chance! They're having too much fun blowing him up over and over.

P.S. the pun was actually funny.
                                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X