No announcement yet.

Ethon (915)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked the episode..........BUT... i think they could have made Prometheus shoot off a few more shots at least... or at least do a few evasive manuvers I am not at all saying it was a bad episode... i think it was the best episode to date so far... freaking awsome. but, i just wish after alll the crap we have seen the Prometheus go through.. I would have at least liked to see it do a few fly bys and launch a few more then 2 missles

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

I just wish I was in command of the SGC on that day I would had been like, f**k em', f**k em' all!!!! I would had ordered a naquadria bomb sent to their fair planet to send a message that nobody blows up an earth ship and gets away with it!!! They would be lucky if they got a chance to kill each other off fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05

And Pendergast died a tragic hero's death. His closing his eyes just before was so sad. I'm sure he was thinking of his family. Sniff.
        i think if i were landry, i'd only have single persons work for the sgc program. or, at least the ppl on sg teams and ship duty.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIOR
          I just wish I was in command of the SGC on that day I would had been like, f**k em', f**k em' all!!!! I would had ordered a naquadria bomb sent to their fair planet to send a message that nobody blows up an earth ship and gets away with it!!! They would be lucky if they got a chance to kill each other off fast enough.
          What would be the point of doing that if you only succeed in doing one of two things... A) you hurt your own people on the ground who survived Prommie or B) strand them all by destroying the gate.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
          Spoiler:

Comment

You know, it's funny that in order to cause a civil war all they had to do was step through a gate. This tells me that things were completely unstable to begin with and the walk through the gate was the "straw". I don't know why, but when I think of this storyline, I think of the Tolan sl. Two completely different civilizations whose end came about not because of the Goa'uld or Ori, but because their own structure collapsed right in front of them. And in both, there were good people trying to stop it and died at the end...Really sad.

As for the beer, I'm not surprised. I've heard of worse things done within military compounds (and I mean pranks and breaking minor rules and such). I honestly thought it was warranted and a good scene. Good acting. As Majorsal said, it was good to finally see grief, esp given how painful it was to watch that scene. Seeing the two drink the beer being depressed seemed right.

As for Daniel's refusal to give up, well....his character's one to aspire to.
            I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
            - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Good episode. Nice followup for Icon.

Yay for Ernie Hudson and Matthew Bennett.

Liked the chair scene.

Gonna miss Promethius and Lionel Pendergast with that interesting last name.

I am going to watch the repeat and I haven't done that in a while.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                Take a beer into your workplace on Monday and see how that works out.
                I know how it would work out at my current place of employement and I know how it would have worked out when I was in the USAF.

The beer in the scene was not appropriate and not necessary. They could have accomplished the same thing with Soda or OJ or if they really had to have a beer they could have said at the end of the scene "lets go get a beer" or had the scene outside the facility. Its my only real gripe with the ep.
                I mean I didnt like Promie and Pendergast getting snuffed but what can you do.... Oh and will someone just get put in charge already, so someone will make a freaking decision.
                These people are out risking their butts for Earth and others, they deserve a beer. Not to mention Mitchell (and Sam) being the next highest ranking officer on base next to Landry. Its not the first time SG-1 has broken regulations and its very trivial compared to them. And Mitchell was in civilian attire, indicating he wasn't on duty. After a day like this, if Landry were there I could see him having one with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannygirl
                  You know, it's funny that in order to cause a civil war all they had to do was step through a gate. This tells me that things were completely unstable to begin with and the walk through the gate was the "straw". I don't know why, but when I think of this storyline, I think of the Tolan sl. Two completely different civilizations whose end came about not because of the Goa'uld or Ori, but because their own structure collapsed right in front of them. And in both, there were good people trying to stop it and died at the end...Really sad..
                  Nicely said. Although SG1 will always feel badly that they couldn't have done anything to fix the situation, it was really their own internal strife that doomed their planet.

As for the beer, I'm not surprised. I've heard of worse things done within military compounds (and I mean pranks and breaking minor rules and such). I honestly thought it was warranted and a good scene. Good acting. As Majorsal said, it was good to finally see grief, esp given how painful it was to watch that scene.
                  Plus, it isn't as if Cheyenne Mountain isn't a second home for the team (or their only home, in Teal'c's case). I think it should be expected that in their off hours on base the regs might be relaxed a bit for them.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
                    Seeing the Prometheus and Pendergast go was one of the saddest moments in the series for me. It was scary not only for the fact that it shows how outmatched we are by the Ori's tech, but also that there is a vicious core to the faith of their true followers that is just as dangerous. THAT aspect of the Ori's power is really scary.
                    That part is probably the scariest of all. Tech can be overcome (as seen by the Goa'uld), but face a group of people who are so powerful in their collective belief that they see nothing but that...and then combine them with Ancient tech.

Truth be told, I honestly had the thought that if SG-1 wanted to loosen the Ori's hold in the Milky Way with the planets they've already converted, the only way to do that would be to show the Ori as liars. And the only way to do that would be to show off that dead Prior from the 4th Horseman. Take him to every converted planet and say the exact same thing that Daniel said in SG: the movie, "Take a good look at your Gods now". No ascension! Yes, this would be crude, but effective. He could be buried later.
                    I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
                    - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Well, I guess Pendergast was the non-regular they said they were going to kill off this season. I liked Pendergast, the writers should not have killed him off. His death was just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by adk06
                        I knew we should taken out the satellite when we had the chance

and I also felt alittle of the old episodes of Stargate. I liked this episode.

Pendergast - "How could it penetrate our Asguard designed shields"
                        Carter - "I don't know sir"

?? does this mean they don't think the ori are capable of getting past puny asguard shields. Well compared to ASCENDED being there puny

don't forget that satelite was made with low level tech. if it was ori made it'd be far more deadly. plus the ori have the knowledge of ascended being (infinite?). they can make far worse things. asgard us and the rest of the universe (cept alterrans) are screwed. alterrans should give the asgard better tech.

Comment

also best sg1 s9 ep so far.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                            don't forget that satelite was made with low level tech. if it was ori made it'd be far more deadly. plus the ori have the knowledge of ascended being (infinite?). they can make far worse things. asgard us and the rest of the universe (cept alterrans) are screwed. alterrans should give the asgard better tech.
                            Excuse me but the alterans need to get off their lazy butts and bring the fight to the Ori.

Dang.. I just realized something, and not sure if anyone else noticed it yet (though I bet someone has.. ) The Ancients (alterans, however you want to call em) are Vorlons, and the Ori are Shadows.... So does this mean that Mitchell (or Daniel.. but he has done it so many times he must have his own ascention elevator) will ascend then deascend make a long winded speech about how we don't need either of them anymore and kick them out of the known universe?? Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neil
                              Why in the world did they find it necessary to destroy prometheous?? I think that was really stupid, and I think this show is on the verge of running aground in dumb-land. Earth needs to step it up a notch and actually find some weapons and shields that actually work.
                              You think Earth shouldn't sustain any major losses in its fight against the Ori?

Stargate stories have always followed the time-honoured principle of playing the underdog against superior foes. Where would the tension (and fun) be if Prometheus could just waltz in and blow up anything it wanted to? Besides, it's getting a little dated as far as ship designs go. I'm sure we'll get to see some newer models.

The destruction of Prometheus is also significant because now, the Asgard really have to sit up and take notice, with the Ori starting to equip their followers with weapons that can breach Asgard shielding.
                              To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
                                What makes it even more tragic is the fact a puny race like that, that got their hands on something more advanced (like us btw ) destroyed us. I would have no hard feelings if were someone like the Ori who did, but the puny guys down there .
                                It's also a perfect example of what happens when a race of people are handed technology far too advanced for them to know how to use responsibly. And exactly the reason why the Asgard gave Earth advanced propulsion, shields and beaming tech but not weapons.
                                To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Working...
                                X