Ethon (915)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x_sid
    Other than the promethius getting blown up I liked this episode.
    I actually like the fact that the Promie was destroyed. We always expect our heros to win, it is sometimes refreshing (and unpredictable) to see them fail.

I am sad to see it go, given the history of the ship, but it did have a fair amount of screen time for its destruction and made for a very interesting episode.

I felt that this was one of the most SG-1-like episode this season and mentioned the Ori without completly focusing the story on them.

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
      I actually like the fact that the Promie was destroyed. We always expect our heros to win, it is sometimes refreshing (and unpredictable) to see them fail.
      While personally I'm sad we had to lose Pendergast and the Prometheus, I agree that it is refreshing to see SG-1 not always come out on top. They've definitely had a rough go of things so far against the Ori. Just like they lost that planet in "The Powers That Be" to the Ori. I think such failures help to show what a dangerous, powerful foe we are facing.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
        Spoiler:
        Marks becomes the helmsman of the Odyssey. I think they were just showing fear.
        Well if they did, then they failed or the actor did. To me he acted as if he did something wrong. And in any case why should we care if
        Spoiler:
        he becomes the helmsman of the Odyssey
        The non-recurring crew members are usually considered fodder.

Comment

The scene where Sam came back, I didn't get the impression that Mitchell's reaction was more important or heartfelt than Teal'c's. Teal'c's expression was definitely full of emotion, and it seemed to me that he wanted to be able to look at her. I felt the holding her the arms and staring into her eyes when he said that they feared the worst had a big emotional impact.

And, one nice thing in the cell after the Prometheus blew up and Jared was saying all of Daniel's lines (grr) was they cut to Daniel and when the commander dude started talking about what the pror did, Daniel's head turned slightly towards them. Like the whole time he hadn't heard a word, because he was in shock, but that managed to penetrate his fog. I like the idea that he was so lost that he couldn't participate. And, yes, at the same time I hate that Jared was doing all the talking.

And, no face to face reunion with Daniel. What is it with Damian Kindler (hope I'm getting the right person to be miffed at) and all Daniel reunions with SG1 after being in trouble happening long distance? And, I still didn't feel the emotion when they found out for sure he was okay. I heard the words, but a split second smile when hearing his voice? It sucks that the reaction shot had to go to Teal'c and Mitchell when they had those helmets on.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Overall I thought it was a good episode, but they tried too hard to be Star Trek-preachy.

This episode reminded me of that episode of Star Trek - Next Generation that got banned in Ireland for being a too simplistic reproduction of the IRA situation.

Okay, we get it. Cycle of violence, deals breaking down, it's supposed to be an Israel/Palestine reference.

The action of the episode was good though. I was surprised they blew up the Prometheus, and I liked the tension as the episode progressed. Just, the attempted real world analogy was too forced.

Comment

Is it against the rules to have beer on a military facility period, or just when you're on duty? I wouldn't know myself. But, I'll confess I liked the scene so much -Mitchell seeking Daniel out, giving him credit, probably in an attempt to make him feel better over everything- that I really wouldn't have cared if it had been against the rules. There was so little for me to like. But, still, I thought it was clear Mitchell wasn't on duty, and Daniel could very well have been there after hours, which would mean he wasn't officially on duty either. Would that still have been a breach of military rules?
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k

I am sad to see it go, given the history of the ship, but it did have a fair amount of screen time for its destruction and made for a very interesting episode.

I felt that this was one of the most SG-1-like episode this season and mentioned the Ori without completly focusing the story on them.
                The Promie's destruction was why I gave this epi a 5/5. I didn't like to see it go at all. How crazy to say this, but there's an emotional connection there. It covered SG-1 from Anubis when they were getting to the outpost in Antartica, and it was the first of our ships, so that always gives it superiority over all others. Yes, when I saw the first blast I thought, "It'll recover". I saw the second and then saw those people get blown out to space and it was a shock. And then it went, along with Pendergast, and all it could do was just sit there because there was nothing else it could do. It would be slightly different if it fell in an all out battle, but it didn't. This was slow, brutal (not to mention cruel) and cold hearted. That President guy actually was enjoying it which made it worse. This epi showed that nothing we have (Asgard shields and all) can match the Ori's tech. Kudos to the writers, this was a good epi.
                I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
                - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                  Is it against the rules to have beer on a military facility period, or just when you're on duty? I wouldn't know myself. But, I'll confess I liked the scene so much -Mitchell seeking Daniel out, giving him credit, probably in an attempt to make him feel better over everything- that I really wouldn't have cared if it had been against the rules. There was so little for me to like. But, still, I thought it was clear Mitchell wasn't on duty, and Daniel could very well have been there after hours, which would mean he wasn't officially on duty either. Would that still have been a breach of military rules?
                  Take a beer into your workplace on Monday and see how that works out.
                  I know how it would work out at my current place of employement and I know how it would have worked out when I was in the USAF.

The beer in the scene was not appropriate and not necessary. They could have accomplished the same thing with Soda or OJ or if they really had to have a beer they could have said at the end of the scene "lets go get a beer" or had the scene outside the facility. Its my only real gripe with the ep.
                  I mean I didnt like Promie and Pendergast getting snuffed but what can you do.... Oh and will someone just get put in charge already, so someone will make a freaking decision.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I was glad that
                    Spoiler:
                    They nuked eachother in the end.
                    The whole time i was cursing saying u better Throw a nuke through afterwords!!

Prometheus had a good run

Comment

nooooooo

Comment

Wow, Great show, I felt like I came home.
                        You really felt like the team cared about each other for a change.
                        Amanda was superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Christopher did a great job!
                        Michael was fantastic!
                        They even mentioned Jack. That is what we all long to hear.
                        Besides Ripple Effect this is in my opinion the best episode yet this season.
                        This episode feels like our old Stargate SG-1.
                        THANK YOU!

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

I just watched ethon and the prometheous is gone. The ori are defently a real threat even with asgard shields the satalites beam weapon cut through the shields like butter. The first shot went right through the shields through the ship and out the other side. The ori are defently the asgards problem now. One thing I thought was extermly stupid is they used air to air missiles against it. Doesn't the promie have nukes? They could of vaporized it when it shields were up probaly. But anyways they fired three shots to destroy the promie the third cut her right in two. What I found that was odd is the trailer was not in the episode at all. It shows the satlite being blown up this never happened. If these are just ori defence satalites we will be no match for any of there ships. Hopefully we can get the orion there and give them a run for there money. Again I don't think even the asgard will be able to fight them. I have a question were the promie shields old asgard shields or just upgraded "regular" shields. Becuase if there asgard then were screwed I don't know how we will get out of this one. Hopefully the ancients will get there asses in gear and help perhaps the furlings will finnaly show up.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised! Great ep! I liked it a lot! None of that Mitchell, sub-plot nonsense. Best episode of the season yet. Sad to see a character I kinda liked die though. And no more Prometheus!
                            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              Take a beer into your workplace on Monday and see how that works out.
                              I know how it would work out at my current place of employement and I know how it would have worked out when I was in the USAF.

The beer in the scene was not appropriate and not necessary. They could have accomplished the same thing with Soda or OJ or if they really had to have a beer they could have said at the end of the scene "lets go get a beer" or had the scene outside the facility. Its my only real gripe with the ep.
                              I mean I didnt like Promie and Pendergast getting snuffed but what can you do.... Oh and will someone just get put in charge already, so someone will make a freaking decision.
                              well when my cpt got word he was promoted to major we had beer at the workplace, after work. one beer that is so everyone could drive or the proper precautions were taken, but there was beer nonetheless. I haven't finished the episode yet but just saying it is possible.

Comment

very good ep.

the battle scenes and prometheus going down was fantastic! *salutes pendergast*

the rest of the story was quite... real. and not in a good way, if you know what i mean. -->

loved the moments where we saw everyone caring about each other. (that's something that's been lacking for quite a while)

mitchell didn't one-line tonight. yay!

where was landry? okay, i know he was in washington, but why wasn't beau bridges available?

ernie hudson's character was a pretty good guy.

kane is prob dead, isn't he?

isn't it scary how one can feel so peaceful and 'oh, let's work this out', but when the monsters fire upon and kill your own... you want to wipe them out of existance? i felt that. scared me.

a good ep. one i'll rewatch.

sally
                                Last edited by majorsal; 03 February 2006, 08:23 PM.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X