Ethon (915)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillerMercury
    Did anybody else notice the cross between the usual steady cam and the Firefly-esque "shaky cam" in this episode. It felt to me like I was watching a documentary. Nice change of style.
    When the F302s flew out of Prom., it looked a lot like the vipers leaving Galactica. It was very cool.

I really loved this episode. Political intrigue, interesting guest characters and good guest cast, much sadness and very cool (and sad) explosions, team stuff and a not happy ending. wonderful stuff.

next week's looks like a totally different change of pace and I love it. Lord, I never thought I'd say it but I LIKE THIS SHOW!

Comment

As I sat and watched, one thing continually nagged at me. The F302s are capable of generating hyperspace windows, however unstable they may be. Honestly, I am shocked that they didn't find a way to have a 302 jump through the shield and simply crash into the thing.

Edit: They definetly used an F302 in 'Fallen', so I'm inclined to believe that the generator is present on the F302, and not just the X302.
      sigpic

Comment

good episode, not the best one d'ough

RIP Prometheus and Pendergast
        Pendergast went under with his ship

a lot better then Icon

Comment

A sad, but excellent episode. What really made it for me was the last scene with Cam and Daniel. To work so hard, lose so much, and still have everything go down the tubes.

Were they having a beer or a soda? I don't care. The scene (no, the whole episode) was well done all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
            It would be addressed, if this was BSG. Since it is not, I'm afraid that you will just be left to your own thoughts on the issue. Just like we have had to do so much of the time lately with...missing scenes...characters...plots.
            If nothing else this just goes to show how cut off the SGC is without a working stargate on a planet, and it is more real since this show is being told from an Earth perspective. I know I feel like I've been cut off when I don't have internet access.

Also since for the moment we only have one working ship, the stargate has for the time being become our only means of transportation.

Comment

Um, what Foolish Pleasure said.......
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                As I sat and watched, one thing continually nagged at me. The F302s are capable of generating hyperspace windows, however unstable they may be. Honestly, I am shocked that they didn't find a way to have a 302 jump through the shield and simply crash into the thing.

Edit: They definetly used an F302 in 'Fallen', so I'm inclined to believe that the generator is present on the F302, and not just the X302.
                I don't think they'd continue to install the unstable hd engine in the 302's given the unstability. It's possible they took them out of future productions, though this would be a very smart thing to consider if it comes to war b/t Milky Way and Ancient tech. Somehow fit sublight capabilities onto some warheads and launch them at anything with a shield.

As for Vorlons/Shadows analogy, one slight difference that makes the Alteran war better if slightly unnerving. They've taken this war to a higher plane of existence, B5's version of "beyond the rim". At least in B5, there was peace in going beyond the rim, while in the SG universe, good and evil still fight and don't care if they destroy the lower planes as a result. A tad more brutal with a hint of dismay for lower being who want to believe in enlightment. I mean, in the SG:A epi "Epiphany", I should've thought that it was nice to see people shed their skin and ascend. All I ended up thinking is that they're going straight into a war.
                I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know!
                - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Naitch
                  On base- yes. On duty- no. Mitchell just came back from delivering the news to Pendergast's family, and Daniel was probably just doing some private research.

As for the Prometheus getting wasted- I see what they're doing. It's the classic wrestling build-up: Babyface (Stargate Command) gets beat up by the Heel (Ori). Heel continues to beat up babyface, till almost all hope is lost- then the Babyface makes the big comeback and throws the Ori off the top of the cell into fifteeen burning tables wraped in barbed wire....

Yeah, that kind of got away from me. Point is- the Ori need to been seen as a threat. Hence, a lot of the shows icons (no pun intended) are going to get destroyed before they are finally beaten. Especially if this carries over into a tenth season.
                  Well said, we needed to be reminded that the Ori are a threat AND don't underestimate a race not as advance as ours.

Comment

Not a bad episode. The best parts for me were that Daniel was acting like Daniel again and they seemed to be operating as a team. Loved the scene between Teal'c and Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by doombringer333
                      I'm glad you notice that,too! I think you're right, there's something fishy with him.
                      I completely forgot about that, it was very odd behavior from him.

Comment

The one good of the scene where they find Daniel's communication's device was the split second of Teal'c's expression when Mitchell handed it to him. The rest of the time, it sounded like they were debating whether or not to let a merger fall through, or that they were bringing up the concern that their actions might make them lose out on $25 in the betting pool. Maybe if they thought firing on the sattelite would mean the possibility of Daniel dying as a direct result of their actions, rather than it messing up with them being able to negotiate for them, there might have been more pain in their expressions. I might have seen it in them that they would do it because it was what they should do, but that it was a decision they hated. Seen the feeling, not just "understand" it.
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I loved this episode even though Prometheus bit it and I really like that the TPTB are killing off recurring characters. Not because I like to see recurring characters die but because they are pulling away from the red shirts. I hope TPTB will bring in more recurring characters for several episodes each, let us get emotionally involved with the characters so when they do die, it means something. Its better than seeing a new person and knowing they will bite it at the end of the episode. Killing off recurring characters has more of an impact on the audience.

Comment

I am shocked! Literally shocked!

Holey Crap!
                            Spoiler:
                            the Prometheus went down like swiss cheese
                            No disrespect but this episode was by far THE BEST EPISODE EVER!

The Ori
                            Spoiler:
                            Satellite System is unlike the Lantian Satelite

I just finished watching the episode, so i'm still absorbing the moment. At least the Prometheus went down with honor, and
                            Spoiler:
                            Col. Pendergas went down with the ship.
                            Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
                              Excuse me but the alterans need to get off their lazy butts and bring the fight to the Ori.

Dang.. I just realized something, and not sure if anyone else noticed it yet (though I bet someone has.. ) The Ancients (alterans, however you want to call em) are Vorlons, and the Ori are Shadows.... So does this mean that Mitchell (or Daniel.. but he has done it so many times he must have his own ascention elevator) will ascend then deascend make a long winded speech about how we don't need either of them anymore and kick them out of the known universe?? Hmm...
                              Yep - where did I put my containment suit?
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Don't shoot me but the Prometheus was one ugly ship - maybe the next generation of ships will be more graceful or sleek.
                                sigpic
                                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                                X