No announcement yet.

Stronghold (914)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if we believe that Sam wouldn't have told if it turned out she didn't get permission, I'd say the worst she would have done was make a promise she wouldn't be able to keep, which would make her overconfident and maybe Pete would feel she might make a pattern of breaking promises. But, since she didn't tell him anything except to tell him that she would tell him everything, I don't think she did anything legally wrong.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
      Well, if we believe that Sam wouldn't have told if it turned out she didn't get permission, I'd say the worst she would have done was make a promise she wouldn't be able to keep, which would make her overconfident and maybe Pete would feel she might make a pattern of breaking promises. But, since she didn't tell him anything except to tell him that she would tell him everything, I don't think she did anything legally wrong.
      okay, i accept that.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Once again, it was an enjoyable episode.

I was however, quite bothered by Landry saying that Mitchell could have sit out the rescue mission of Teal'c had he wanted. Like Landry said later, Teal'c is family and there is no way that Mitchell should have possibly missed out on the operation rescue Teal'c.

Another thing that bothered me was the number of old, non warrior looking, guys in the Jaffa Senate. Hello? The Jaffas were essentially slaves not so long ago and they need to be fit and warrior liked to achieve any kind of status. I thought it was kind of unbelievable that some of those guys could be Jaffa leaders (they do look much more like our politicians than Jaffa politicians).

I'm on the fence on whether I liked the usage of the memory device from "Collateral Damage."

From the airplane attendant comment, I guess Cam "Shaft" Mitchell can really shaft (but wouldn't memories of this sort had been filtered out...in the Earth version of the machine anyway?).
        I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

The more posts I am seeing asking to have the team interact as a team the more worried I get that TPTB will continue to ignore us. Especially in light of Cooper's quote about this issue in a recent article I saw. I also fear for the relationship between the BIG 3 of Sam, Daniel and Teal'c - the more we ask for that the less we see of it as well. They seem to be having fun sticking it to the fans (at least the long time fans) these days . . . .

Comment

I never saw anything wrong with Sam telling Pete about the SGC. I always assumed she'd had clearance. It just never crossed my mind that she would tell him everything without getting permission first. My main problem with Pete being given clearance was HOW he got involved enough to come between the shootout with Osiris. It still bugs me 2 years later that he followed Sam to that stake out. Oh well. Bygones.

It felt much more natural with Mitchell and his friend. Granted it was Sam/Jacob part deux but I liked their rapport and as Sally said it was very poignant the way that Cam showed him his memories and you could tell he was at peace with his imminent death. And it gave more insight into Mitchell's character. I know that a lot of people had trouble with SuperCam but it didn't come off that way to me at all. He was dealing with many emotions at that time and I'm sure he's not the first soldier to get caught up in the heat of battle, nor the last.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
              The more posts I am seeing asking to have the team interact as a team the more worried I get that TPTB will continue to ignore us. Especially in light of Cooper's quote about this issue in a recent article I saw. I also fear for the relationship between the BIG 3 of Sam, Daniel and Teal'c - the more we ask for that the less we see of it as well. They seem to be having fun sticking it to the fans (at least the long time fans) these days . . . .
              I think this was supposed to be the season that we see more team interaction since the show is not restricted by RDA's schedule anymore. So it has been a bit disappointing that we don't see SG-1 work together that often. I don't think TPTB is "having fun sticking it to the fans" but instead it's the desire of the writing staffs to tell "bigger" stories that is driving the team apart. In some ways, this does make sense. Teal'c is needed for the free Jaffa nation stuff and really having two Lt. Col. working together is often the case where one is sort of wasted.
              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

I thought that it was obvious that it was a military hospital that had clearance in the first few minutes of the episode and knowing that Mitchell's friend was dying and had exposure to contractors that wroked with the government I thought it was more of fulfilling a last request with the help of a well placed friend than anything else. I hate it when people who watch need that everything has to be spelled out for them, when all you have to do is look a little closer and read between the lines to see what was not said can be just as important as what is.

Comment

Overall a pretty solid episode. I like the "un-God-like" Goa'uld angle they played up. Wonderful to see Ba'al basically parodying himself, on purpose!

I liked Mitchell's friend. You know (for sure) you're going to die, so why not just accept it? I kinda like that attitude, which is kinda odd I suppose.

Cool ground battle and music at the end.

I'm REALLY beginning to like Mitchell, he's very consistant. In fact, from his interview, he's not unlike Ben Browder.

Oh, and Bra'tac is freaking intense! Awesome.

Overall 3.5/5

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  I mean no offense...but fans like us are a very small minority (those that actively participate online and actually tries to speak to TPTB), so it's not really surprising that they ignore us.

I for one will be worried the day they stop.

Also, I really REALLY doubt they are actively trying to screw us. It just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

I liked this episode, although, I will be disappointed if that wasn't a Ba'al clone, because it was just waaaay too easy.

I liked how the team worked together, accepting others personal commitments, the backing of Mitchell when he took off ahead, and the acceptance and backing that let him continue on, to get to the ship.
                    I thought the Mitchell and his dying buddy stuff was important, to Mitchell, its one thing to accept that you yourself are impulsive and/or hotheaded, but as his friend pointed out, it has worked well for him.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      regarding the baal clones; so the symbiotes are cloned too?
                      I don't think the clones need to actually have symbiotes.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory

From the airplane attendant comment, I guess Cam "Shaft" Mitchell can really shaft
                        I'm a bit confused about the idea of a flight attendant/stewardess 'quickie' I've seen posted on some boards.

Cam definitely said 'Flt Lt.' as is Flight Leftenant. I took it that it involved an encounter with a fellow officer way back. The age he is doesn't make several encounters impossible in his lifetime. Doesn't mean they are all one-night stands.

Comment

Mitchell was showing initiative. There was a Staff Cannon enplacement pinning the rescue team down and another Jaffa in some hardened cover. Mitchell used the chaos to sneak forward and eliminate both positions. This, in turn, took the heat off the rescue units and they were then able to advance.

He was in a bad mood and was probably more brash than he needed to be, but he was hardly 'disobeying orders' or any other such nonsense.

On a different note, Stronghold was awesome. I really did think that Teal'c would kill Bra'tac, and the battle at the end was cool. The B-plot wasn't about Mitchell's friend dying, it was about Mitchell, and worked in very nicley to his actions at the end.

BYE
                          "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

It was a good episode.
                            School is overrated.

Comment

Another good ep. Wow, what's this season coming to?

I really enjoyed both plotlines, the action, the character building, the guest stars - yup, pretty much everything.

I found it a bit strange that Sam, mission commander at such a crucial stage in mission pre-op(Yeah! Go Sam! ), would bring the memory device to the hospital, though. Don't they have Lieutenants for such services? And leaving alien tech lying around in a somewhat public place? With all the possibilities for spies and infiltrators, you'd think Cam would have at least left some trusted Lieutenant to guard access to the room.

Sam and Daniel are gonna watch Cam's back on the surface while he rings up to the ship.... uh.... what? That made no sense to me, whatsoever. And why didn't they get blasted to bits by Jaffa once the rings - their only cover - disappeared? Okay, so the writers wanted Cam up there by himself, I get that, but the means of getting him there was poorly executed, IMO.

Still and all, a good, rewatchable ep. I did like that they not only had Cam say he was impatient and rash, but actually let him be impatient and rash once he got onto the battlefield. Good character development. Kudos. Please, PTB, do more of this telling with showing.

His buddy was terrific, as was their friendship, banter and Cam's guilt. I really jumped when he hit the coffee dispenser, and I was in tears during the final scene between Cam and Teal'c. I was kinda hoping they'd bring in some beamout tech to get that piece of shrapnel out of dying buddy(sorry, name escapes me). He'd have been up to speed for joining the SGC, too. I think he'd have made a fun addition to one of the teams.

I know many here don't care for the whole Jaffa story, but surely this time is different? I've always liked it but especially this ep. And having Bra'tac take such a forward role in the ep was a treat!

And Ba'al.... What can I say; he's a great baddie. He's really embraced the Tauri business/politician mindset, hasn't he?

Rock on, season nine!
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                I know that a lot of people had trouble with SuperCam but it didn't come off that way to me at all. He was dealing with many emotions at that time and I'm sure he's not the first soldier to get caught up in the heat of battle, nor the last.
                                The only problem with that, Shipper, is that in dangerous occupations when your leader/buddy has a bad day and can't control him/herself, people end up dying. It's like football where the players get caught up in the heat of battle... whoops, there's a quick fifteen yard penalty for a personal foul hurting the team. Only in combat, it's whoops, there's a couple people killed or wounded because someone was too stupid to think.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X