No announcement yet.

Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see such a positive mood in here at the moment. I really enjoyed this ep as well. I didn't think so many teams were supposed to come through the gate, so I was pleasantly surprised. The "bad" SG-1 were pretty cool, but I agree with what some others have said. They were more misguided and driven to do what they were attempting out of lack of options than because they were evil.
    As for seeing Janet and Martouf again, it was not a let-down. Almost wish they could have stayed somehow. Also, that new Asgard, Kvaisir, we were introduced to, awesome! It was so funny how he was talking to the two SG-1s onboard the Prometheus about how much danger they may face, and how they had to be strong- then he beams off the ship. We have to see more of him.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

21. Oh! Kvaisir! See, I knew something was wrong. - I was just now figuring out that Asgard wasn't Thor, cause I missed the mention of his name, but I'd heard it before, and not recognized it as a name. Is it just me or are the Asgard names starting to suck?
      LOL! In case anyone is interested, Kvasir is the name of a god
      of Norse mythology who was created from the saliva of all the gods.

Comment

I really liked this ep. It was complicated at times - lots of tech-speak.

There were a couple of lines that were really great:

"Someone who finally understands you?"
        "Yup."

The roomful of Sams was great.

Kvasir was hilarious. He gave the most underwhelming pep talk ever . I wonder what matter Thor was attending to that prevented him from appearing ...

Comment

Originally posted by doombringer333
          I wonder what matter Thor was attending to that prevented him from appearing ...
          Ummm...home babysitting??

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
            LOL! In case anyone is interested, Kvasir is the name of a god
            of Norse mythology who was created from the saliva of all the gods.
            Yuck. Thanks for the info, I... guess...*ahem*.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Joe tries to explain this away by saying:
              (This above is taken from the GateWorld article "in The Making of Ripple Effect")
              cept he didn't look close enough. they didn't have any packs to carry any changes of clothes in...so there's no way for them to change since they didn't take anything to carry the clothing to change into

nice idea but....it's as full of a plot hole as the original idea
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Plot holes or no, I think the quality of the ep compensated for them.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  cept he didn't look close enough. they didn't have any packs to carry any changes of clothes in...so there's no way for them to change since they didn't take anything to carry the clothing to change into

nice idea but....it's as full of a plot hole as the original idea
                  If the same personnel were not in the Gate Room to remember what they were wearing when they left, then would it matter WHAT they came back in? 'Cept maybe their undies...

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    Er, you mean synopsis Synapse means the place at which a nervous impulse passes from one neuron to another
                    I guess someone named "Prion" would know. Your name could be a science fiction plot all by itself.
                    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

One word guys: Summary.

Comment

"But courage, and the most steadfast resolve will prove your most valuable assets on this mission. Well… *smiles* ...good luck to you all. *beams out*"

Best... line... ever.

Comment

I'm off and on watching SG-1 this season and haven't commented on an ep before but I didn't really like this. I've decided I don't like Mitchell, and I don't like Landry.

Why did every SG-1 have a Mitchell on it? WHy not have one led by Sam, and then stick Jonas on it? Call up the guy who played the Lt. Tyler in the Fifth man. THey brought him back to the SGC and decided to see if they could use his skills.

Mitchell must actually be pretty popular. I haven't seen any complaints of how much he was featured. I guess there's no Jonas Quinn syndrome with him.

Is there a rule against mentioning Jack? What's the guy who played his clone doing?

Comment

*runs off to change sig again in honor of tonight's ep*

How can I possibly fault an ep that hints at the possibility implied in the very first GW sig I ever created for myself??
                            Yes, you're brilliant.

No really, it look so much like your sig that I had Deja Vu, laughed, then it freaked me out a little. It's like our GW universe is impinging on the Stargate Universe...and, ... and I'm giving myself a headache. If they used Daniel I'd think you would get royalties.

I thought about what I just posted here for a minute and I don't think that legal case would fly. After all, you borrowed the various Daniels from the show and if they borrowed your idea right back, that's fair...right.
                            Last edited by Hatusu; 20 January 2006, 08:15 PM.
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
                              I'm off and on watching SG-1 this season and haven't commented on an ep before but I didn't really like this. I've decided I don't like Mitchell, and I don't like Landry.

Why did every SG-1 have a Mitchell on it? WHy not have one led by Sam, and then stick Jonas on it? Call up the guy who played the Lt. Tyler in the Fifth man. THey brought him back to the SGC and decided to see if they could use his skills.

Mitchell must actually be pretty popular. I haven't seen any complaints of how much he was featured. I guess there's no Jonas Quinn syndrome with him.

Is there a rule against mentioning Jack? What's the guy who played his clone doing?
                              Too bad for you. I'm sure enjoying things.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

If the same personnel were not in the Gate Room to remember what they were wearing when they left, then would it matter WHAT they came back in? 'Cept maybe their undies...
                                I didnt care about the people in the Gateroom. I just thought Landry should have noticed. Doesnt he have premission briefings or something where he may have seen them, in green. Or is he really just not that perceptive a guy, maybe he had Walter go to the meeting instead .

Originally posted by the fifth man
                                Plot holes or no, I think the quality of the ep compensated for them.
                                Yes, this ep was good enough that the plot holes were irrelevant.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X