Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    They also choose Zats over P90s. They should have known they (themselves) would be trouble. So if they were really evil then the best thing for them to do was to kill our SG-1. Thankfully they were not evil...just misguided.
    That is a very good point which I completely overlooked. I think you are right, and it supports the "driven to extreme measures" stance.

Comment

wow sam gets around....lol

Comment

I liked this episode. I don't generally care for time-travel or alternate-reality storylines, but this one was pretty interesting. It was also very amusing, with all the SG-1s floating around. It was a great opportunity for Carter to say she'd been working with "me, myself, and I" to fix the problem. And there was a lot of humor, mostly provided by Mitchell. I foretold to my son that one of the SG teams would be "bad," and also that at some point they would switch and pretend to be the other one, and sure enough, they did. It was VERY convenient that each SG-1 team wore a different style of camo, but very handy as well for purposes of telling them apart. We did wonder why O'Neill wasn't a member of any of the teams. Or Jonas, for that matter. All universes seemed to progress to pretty much the same point... on earth, at least. Now don't get me wrong, I do have my quibbles about this episode, but overall I thought it was interesting and amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
          Shudder. Kinsey?? Shudder.

Okay, potential candidates for marriage/fatherhood

Jack
          Pete
          Bra'tac
          Kinsey (euee)
          Agent Barrett
          Joe Fallon
          Martouf
          The milkman
          General Hammond (yes!)
          Major Davis
          Orlin
          Siler
          Daniel
          Teal'c

Well, hey, any unattached male, or heck, even a woman (since pregnancy can be done other ways).

Thor. Yeah, Thor. Sneaky little guy....
          ok you left out;

the postman
          rak'nor
          walter
          landry (no!)
          cam (no way!)

and you can take pete right off that list buddy! gggrrr.
          (and i think its supposed to be joe faxon, but i'm not 100% on that)

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
            That is a very good point which I completely overlooked. I think you are right, and it supports the "driven to extreme measures" stance.

I think they took the zats because they really didnt want to hurt anyone. Just lock them away and finish their job.

Comment

This was a very good ep.
              The only problem that I had with it is that my dad wouldn't be quiet. And he kept on asking questions that we woldn't know the answer to. And we even missed a key line because he was saying something. But back to the ep:
              I loved all the little carters that were there. . And when General Lamdry came in and said 'Carter', all the carters looked at him.
              And I noticed something. When Carter was talking to Dr. Lee, Geeky Carter that we met in Moebius, was eating blue jello. Even in alternet realitys, she still loves her blue jello.
              Oh and the story line was good. a little confusing sometimes , but,I really liked it.
              *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                It was a great opportunity for Carter to say she'd been working with "me, myself, and I" to fix the problem.
                Yes, my very favorite lines in the whole ep were right after that when Cam says, "Finally someone who can keep up with ya, huh?", and Sam answers with utter satisfaction, "Yup!"

Comment

a totally shallow comment.....cam in his undies!!!! priceless!!!

i had it so pegged. i was watching and my friend goes 'where's cam' and i said, hanging out somewhere in his undies...next shot, cam walking in in his shorts

that and geek sam. it was nice to see her again and know that she's out there somewhere

i'm gonna ignore the huge honkin plot hole of them going off world wearing green, coming back wearing black and no one notices to say that this was probably the most enjoyable episode the whole season
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

OMG. .this one goes into my "all time fav" SG1 eppys!

Luckily I stayed away from the spoilers (except for Janet, which was all over the place). Had no idea Martouf would appear. . *sniffles* Good to see him again!

Loved the techno-babble (classic Sam), Dr. Lee is cool. Cam in his undies! AU Star Trek - evil beards (snicker)

Joe, Paul, everyone who worked on this episode - ya get A+ this week!
                    Last edited by FoolishPleasure; 20 January 2006, 07:19 PM.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

First, can I say, Best. Episode. Of. The. Season.

Next, my usual as-I-watched-commentary with minor explanations by moi.

1. Guest Starring - The Stargate! So glad to see an actual stargate on Stargate! I was starting to think this was Prometheus: SG-1.

2. AWESOME!! - upon entrance of the other SG1. At this point, I was half assured this ep could actually be worth paying attention to.

3. Wait, wouldn't General B have noticed that they had different uniforms on?...Or...did I miss something...?

4. These two clowns. It's like the SGC has been invaded by people impersonating actors impersonating air force personnel! - I dunno...Lam and General B...annoy me.

5. Aaaaah, and the (D) possibility: They're both fakes. Easily proven by the fact that Jack is on neither team.

6. LOL! Who'd she shack up with??? - Seriously...who?

7. Oh well, that solves it. Oh look, it's 8:15 already. - during the Carter/Carter banter, which usually makes sense to me, now seems to be mocking itself now-a-days...'tis refreshing though.

8. Rofl! Me, myself and I, eh Carts? - Hehe, She funny.

9. More teams! Yay! Let the chaos begin! - That was just too cool. That whole THING was just TOO COOL. This is either the amazing spoof ep I've been asking for, or it just TOO COOL! All those friggn' teams! Awesome! That's like, the ultimate football tournie right there! Or Pictionary..something...

10. The only good line General B's ever had. - The grand central station of the multiverse, or whatever, bit.

11. DOC!!!!!! DOC!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

12. GEEK CARTER!! OMG!!!

13. MARTYYYY!!!!! *GUH* *goes fangirly*

[sings] I've been longing to see you, dyin' to see you but it shouldn't be like this. This was unexpected. What do I do now? Could we start again pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?[/sings] JC Superstar fans? Ya with me??

14. *gains composure back*

15. No, I'll tell you what REALLY happened Doc! You were ruthlessly maimed by words on a screenplay that got horribly out of control!! It was ghastly! GHASTLY!!

16. Hey, since JR and Teryl get to guest on a team, how come Jackie-O doesn't...? Or didn't wanna...

17. How come they're not being ripped apart by the space/time continuom? Or is that different?

18. Good god, he's prettyfreaky for an Asgard. They're usually...cute.

19. "Knock yourself out."?? Who ARE you??

20. Um..erm...uh... - On the almost Carty/Marty smooch.

21. Oh! Kvaisir! See, I knew something was wrong. - I was just now figuring out that Asgard wasn't Thor, cause I missed the mention of his name, but I'd heard it before, and not recognized it as a name. Is it just me or are the Asgard names starting to suck?

22. You callous son of a - - Just agreeing with General B. (I call him General B cause his name keeps escaping me...)

23. Oh no, not that ship again... - I hate the Prometheus!!

24. ME TOO DANNY!!! - "I miss Thor"

25. Hey...why's it gotta be the team in the Black suit!? - Just noting.

26. Mmmm, guns.

27. AMEN Bad T! - when Alternate T creamed Mitchy-poo. Hehehehehe! Sooooo gratifying!!! *Muaha*

28. Isn't that what General B was going to do? - Screw the alternates world for his own.

29. SG- vs SG-1! Boo ya! - Cool Factor 7, peeps.

30. LOL! Maternity Leave! *wink* !!

Best episode of the season! 'Nuff said!
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I loved it.

I thought most of the science and the plot were gobbledegook, but I didn't care. I got to see Janet Frazier and Martouf again. And I had a strange sense of deja vu when I saw the mutiple Carter scene. LOL. Seshat, someone had to have seen your multiple Dr. Jacksons sig.
                        Last edited by Hatusu; 20 January 2006, 08:07 PM.
                        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Despite the fact that there were no chickens, I applauded this show when it ended. Fantastic all around. There was a ST-TNG episode similar to this, but I think this one was very well done.

Excellent to see some old faces (though Thor would have been nice too). Janet looked damned good actually. Heck, I even thought that Dr. Lam's appearance was good. And Walter, with his look at the Asgard!!! Priceless!

It might be the best episode of the season. Glad they could help one of the teams. It was sad to see that they could NOT help the other team though, but you cannot save the day always. Superb, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                            A very good episode. Something I haven't said in a long time. I hated to see Janet and Martouf leave at the end.
                            Agreed. I've watched Season 9 and treated the show like a brand new show as it was the only way I could watch it, but tonight, it clicked. It was the old SG, the show I used to plan my Friday nights around.

It was nice to see that they mentioned O'Neill, Selmak & Jacob (What? No Hammond? ) and it was wonderful to see Janet and Martouf. (My goodness, JR with a tan and those blinding white teeth of his, how I missed them!

I have a great idea, how about spinoff with one of the alternative SG1s where TPTB haven't killed off all the recurring characters we loved?

Hate to say this Walter, the way things are going, you're the next Martouf, Narim, Jacob, Janet, Yu.
                            sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
                            Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              i'm gonna ignore the huge honkin plot hole of them going off world wearing green, coming back wearing black and no one notices to say that this was probably the most enjoyable episode the whole season
                              Joe tries to explain this away by saying:

Now, one of the things I'm sure the nitpickers will seize upon is the change in uniform. The real SG-1 left in greens yet the first return team comes back in black. Surely someone would have noticed. Maybe -- but, in reality, probably not. SG-1 could have headed off-world a day or two prior to returning and there's no guarantee the same personnel would be manning the gate room.
                              (This above is taken from the GateWorld article "in The Making of Ripple Effect")

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                                Seshat, someone had to have seen your multiple Dr. Jackson's sig.
                                Lol! That's what I was thinking!
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X