No announcement yet.

Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aww i loved this episode! And as much as i love Sam/Jack i thought it was cute between Sam/Martouf in this ep. & when they all left and janet hugged everyone i almost cried.. i wish she was still alive in their reality.
    sigpic
    My tumblr

Comment

i agree with u
      sigpic

Comment

I love this episode! One of my favorites! All the SG1 teams crack me up every time. Great to see Janet again.
        sigpic

Comment

liked the bit where walter just turned and looked at vasir...and vasir gave him that look back

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

i'm gonna ignore the huge honkin plot hole of them going off world wearing green, coming back wearing black and no one notices to say that this was probably the most enjoyable episode the whole season
            the director addresses this plot hole by explaining that:

1. Gen Landry doesn't always see off SG-1 in person when they go on their missions so he'd have no idea what they wore sometimes
            2. There was no indications how long SG-1 was away so it could have been >24hrs or days thus its hard to remember what color their mission outfit was.
            3. SG-1 changes outfit color all the time depending on the mission

Comment

One of my favorites!!!! Love scenes with Carter, Carter, Carter, .....
              The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
              sigpic

Comment

This episode was great in many ways. I liked the idea about the alternative realities ... I liked all of these SG teams and me like a really huge fan of Sam, I appreciated many and many Sams there I really enjoyed this episode.
                Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by kayone View Post
                  the director addresses this plot hole by explaining that:

1. Gen Landry doesn't always see off SG-1 in person when they go on their missions so he'd have no idea what they wore sometimes
                  2. There was no indications how long SG-1 was away so it could have been >24hrs or days thus its hard to remember what color their mission outfit was.
                  3. SG-1 changes outfit color all the time depending on the mission
                  yup robert cooper brought that up right away
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I enjoyed the ep, especially as far as S9 goes, however out of all those SG1 combo's you think you would've seen O'Neill, Jonas, etc. Also they way they wrapped the story up getting all the teams back to the right universe was a little quick and tidy.

Comment

Indeed, this one would've been great as a two-parter, the ending was a bit rushed. Overall I thought it was very good, but it would have been great with O'Neill leading one of the teams.

Can't remember the exact quote, but I loved Cam's "You don't have beards so you can't be the evil twins" or something. Made this trekkie laugh for sure.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a love / hate relationship with this episode, ok so it's 90% love... But I have a hard time believing that ANY Sam, Daniel, or Teal'c in any universe would stoop so low as to go steal another universe's ZPM. Much less all three agreeing to it! Must have been a really sucky AU. Mitchell, well, I do think he could stoop.

But first of all, how would they know which reality they were going to end up in on the other side? They could just as easily (perhaps) ended up where Janet had come from and found themselves in mortal danger, or with a native SGC that had no way to even get to Atlantis.

The "bad guys" SG-1 is really my big beef with this ep. I can't wrap my head around all the things that would have to be "wrong" for them to think something like that was ok. And I could toss all the scenes onboard the Prometheus into a blackhole.

That out of the way, I love love love that there were so many different SG-1 teams, and that all the Carters seemed to really get along - especially since "our" Carter and the original AU Carter didn't at first. Loved that there was blue jello (and only *blue* jello) set out in the Carter room as a matter of fact. I do wonder if all of the groups got along as well as the Carters, and most likely the Mitchells, did. Would have loved to hear some of the Carter conversations, at least in passing - technobabble heaven.

I also love that we got to see JANET!!! Wish that she and Sam had been able to spend more time together. In my little universe they are together. At the end when Sam asks Martouf, "Where'd I go?" I love that all the guys just let Janet answer her. I miss the Doc!!!

As for the lack of entropic cascade failure - they actually gave a good answer in the show. If you think about the time-space continuum as a pipe, it's easy to envision. The first team through blew a small hole in the pipe so they could get in. Think of the teams (or at least their matter streams) as sharp rocks. The rocks scrape along and punch additional holes in the pipe. Now, think of cascade entropic failure as a vacuum through the pipe - since there are so many holes in the pipe, the vacuum is ineffective and the teams aren't "pulled" back toward their own AU's. Therefore we end up with 15 or so Carters in a room, aka heaven.
                        Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 28 March 2011, 12:37 PM.
                        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

I just saw watched this episode tonight. This was a good episode that I think almost every sci-fi show will try in one form or another. This time it has worked for the better. The "bad" SG-1 was a nice touch. The big thing was to see Janet again. I have finally excepted her fate and they brought her back again. I liked the way the whole cast hugged her goodbye, giving her a better send off then killing her. I give this episode 4 1/2 stars.

What this episode could have had to make it better:
                          Jack O'Neill
                          George Hammond (not really sure why he would be going through the stargate though)
                          Jonas (I am fan of this character. I always got a laugh when he would say "My name is Jonas" which is the name of a Weezer song)
                          "You are hostages! We are your captors! We are heavily armed. There are rules, there is a whole school of etiquette to this!" -Daniel Jackson

Comment

I love time travel/AU episodes. The endless possibilities intrigues me.

Spoiler:
                            Seeing Janet again was marvelous!
                            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

hands down the best episode of season nine so far. it was great to see teryl rothery again as janet fraiser. also, was i the only one that thought at the beginning of the episode that there was going to be some deeper conspiracy embedded within that episode? cameron had me thinking that when his alternate self mentioned it towards the beginning of the episode. all in all, still a great episode. id at least have to put it somewhere in my top 20 best sg-1 episodes list.

Comment

I am one of those people who has a hard time understanding Sam's scientific explanations for things, and I still don't understand how the ripple effect occurred. However, what I am wondering about is if the Black SG1 team did the whole thing on purpose, how did they know it would bring them to an SG1 Earth that had the material they needed and/or the cure to the plague?
                                And where did the Goa'uld hand weapons come from?
                                And am I correct that our General Landry said he had to turn back 50 other SG1 alternative universe teams? Presumably there could have been literally hundreds or thousands of alternative universe teams.
                                And what is the difference between a metaverse and a multiverse (as used on Sliders, for example)?

Comment

Working...
                                X