No announcement yet.

Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as i said i love this episode it would have been nice to have jack mentioned but i understand why he wasn't. i will give the last two seasons a chance and see what happens but this is one of the best episodes and even tho jack wasn't in it at all it is the reason i am willing to give the whole season a chance
    sigpic

Comment

As a self-confessed Martouf/Lantash 'thunker' anything with them in it was going to ring my bells, but seriously, the character that made this epi for me was Janet! I cried when they went back home. I realise they had to, the vaccine and all that, but nooooo, couldn't one of them have taken it back and one stayed?? Fabulous episode, out of what I thought was a pile of c*** (seasons 9 &10) came this flower Anyway, I'm going to take the advice of someone on here (I forget who suggested it) and watch 9 & 10 again, see if I can get more enjoyment out of them. Oh, and look forward to meeting Teryl Rothery in RL in Vancouver in April . Great thread, I'll definitely be back !
      Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
      STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

I know, it would have been so much nicer if Janet had stayed behind! (I'm glad Martouf left! Couldn't kick him out fast enough for me! LOL) But then, she'd have been leaving the world and people she knew and loved. Would have been a nice dilemma for them to have to face. Would have made a great episode!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          I know, it would have been so much nicer if Janet had stayed behind! (I'm glad Martouf left! Couldn't kick him out fast enough for me! LOL) But then, she'd have been leaving the world and people she knew and loved. Would have been a nice dilemma for them to have to face. Would have made a great episode!
          Poor Martouf! I'd have been the one fighting Sam off with a great big stick so I could have him I do understand that he's not everyone's cup of tea. You either love him or can't stand the character Never mind. We're all one big 'Stargate family' on here, let's face it. Even if we hate certain parts, there's always something we can find to agree on? As in, Janet is the business, she's great!!!!

Comment

It was great to see Janet! And selfishly, I also wish she could have stayed, but why would she want to? She has her own SG-1. It would have been the same as if Daniel got stuck in the world of 'There but for the Grace of God'.
            It would have made a great episode, though--and interesting dynamic, them wanting her to stay as much as she would want to leave...

Comment

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
              Poor Martouf! I'd have been the one fighting Sam off with a great big stick so I could have him I do understand that he's not everyone's cup of tea. You either love him or can't stand the character Never mind. We're all one big 'Stargate family' on here, let's face it. Even if we hate certain parts, there's always something we can find to agree on? As in, Janet is the business, she's great!!!!
              Oh, I don't hate him. I just don't like what the writers did with him (and Sam) in this episode.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                It was great to see Janet! And selfishly, I also wish she could have stayed, but why would she want to? She has her own SG-1. It would have been the same as if Daniel got stuck in the world of 'There but for the Grace of God'.
                It would have made a great episode, though--and interesting dynamic, them wanting her to stay as much as she would want to leave...
                Very true! I can't remember if it was mentioned, but did Janet have a Cassie back in her reality? I don't think it was brought up was it? Hmmm.

Comment

Very true! I can't remember if it was mentioned, but did Janet have a Cassie back in her reality? I don't think it was brought up was it? Hmmm.
                  There was quite a bit of important topics that weren't brought up in this episode, which is why I didn't like it all that much. The biggest one being where the heck is Jack in all of these realities? head of SG-1 or head of Homeworld Security. He should have been mentioned and it was a huge oversight on the part of the writers. (and exec producer)
                  sigpic

Comment

There was quite a bit of important topics that weren't brought up in this episode, which is why I didn't like it all that much. The biggest one being where the heck is Jack in all of these realities? head of SG-1 or head of Homeworld Security. He should have been mentioned and it was a huge oversight on the part of the writers. (and exec producer)
                    Very true! You've really got me thinking now. I'm off to watch it again, with a more enquiring mind, this time, I think

Comment

Very true! You've really got me thinking now. I'm off to watch it again, with a more enquiring mind, this time, I think
                      Same thing with the episode where Sam is on another Earth and has to make it disappear. She asks about everyone else but Jack . . . big oversight. I don't remember the name and my season 9 and 10 box sets are out on loan. LOL!

I have a tough time re-watching the episodes that strongly feel should have been done differently. There aren't many, but RE is one of them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Same thing with the episode where Sam is on another Earth and has to make it disappear. She asks about everyone else but Jack . . . big oversight. I don't remember the name and my season 9 and 10 box sets are out on loan. LOL!

I have a tough time re-watching the episodes that strongly feel should have been done differently. There aren't many, but RE is one of them.
                        My gosh, you are really, really trusting!!! I wouldn't loan any DVD's out to even my mother!!! I got really fed up of lending people them and either not getting them back at all or getting them back caseless/scratched to hell. I won't lend anyone either my movies or music now. Maybe I'm just a meanie

Comment

My gosh, you are really, really trusting!!! I wouldn't loan any DVD's out to even my mother!!! I got really fed up of lending people them and either not getting them back at all or getting them back caseless/scratched to hell. I won't lend anyone either my movies or music now. Maybe I'm just a meanie
                          Well, they're inexpensive to replace if they're damaged and, really, its ONLY season 9 and 10. Not real high on the importance scale
                          sigpic

Comment

Ha ha, that's very true Now, if it had been seasons 1-4? x500

Comment

J BlueCello writes: [...] “3. How on earth did you film the scene where Martouf joins all the various Sam Carters in the room in “Ripple Effect”???”

AT: It took along time. I ran back and forth changing outfits with the doubles. We had to position every Sam very carefully so they didn’t walk through each other. We used motion control and did the scene over and over. Peter DeLuise was very patient!
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

That had to have been SO tedious!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X