Ripple Effect (913)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of Farscape and to homage’s….

Its good to see that Black Mitchell and Green Mitchell got along a lot better then Black Crichton and Green Crichton…. Well until Black Mitchell started shooting that is
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This was the best episode for season 9 thus far...and probably will remain at that.

For the whole SG-1 different clothes 'plot hole' I can pretty much end that with a quote from the movie, 'The Shawshank Redemption,' where Red was explaining the jail break and how the guards did not notice Andy's different pair of shoes:

'Red: Seriously...how often do you look at a guys shoes?'

Pretty much that translates into that the SGC has A LOT other issues to tend to besides if SG-1 is wearing white after Labor Day...I don't think Lan or anyone else noticed that they were in different outfits. I mean when you work at a place for a while, no one notices the littlest things...so you can really forgive that 'plot hole'...I thought that was a little too hardcore nit-picky.

The Sams in the same room made me laugh...and Martouf was grinning ear to ear when he saw that.

This was one of those moments where I wish they kept a good chuck of the deleted scenes and made the show go 90 minutes.

Otherwise, great episode...a great sign that SG-1 still has a lot there even after 9 years.

Don't you wish things in life were more normal?

Comment

How did the Black Alternate reality know that the Green alternate reality had a ZPM at Atlantis? Did they have some way of looking at the different AUs and determining this one had the "spare" ZPM sitting at Atlantis? I mean if they had a ZPM in Atlantis in their own Universe why not just take that one?
        And if they dont have a ZPM in Atlantis in their Universe why assume this universe does?

Just wondering.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
          What was the big bang at the start?
          Landry is not really paying attention… they were in different uniforms, what did they change on the planet?
          Did Walter say it’s Sg-1 and this time it’s from their original location? No I must have heard that wrong. Ahhh… Walter must have said original schedule time.

Carter – multiverse, cool.
          How could Daniel be not accepting the parallel universe idea… that makes no sense…. He should not be rolling his eyes and being skeptical. He should be all over it as a good idea since he had to convince everyone else of it last time.

So the shippers get what they want… blahh
          Daniel interviewing Teal’c that felt right.
          Mitchell interviewing Daniel notsomuch but maybe it was suspicious Daniel
          Carter interviewing herself that is classic (literally since it was done before but it still works)

Mitchell: Bizzaro SG-1… funny
          Haha uber sg-1
          Is the assumed real SG-1 really the real SG-1?
          Landry: Grand central station of the multiverse --- funny
          Hey much remembering of old eps… crazy Dr Lee. Nice
          What about cascade failure thingy.—Plot hole?

Hey the armbands from upgrades. coool
          You know Landry, a warning would really have been appropriate for the whole Janet thing.
          Hey geeky Carter….wow lots of Carters.
          Martoufs dream come true I would guess.

Hey Janet good news, we have a cure!!
          Daniel or Teal’c….that’s my guess who, from Martouf.. that would be funny.

New asgard!!!!
          O give me a break, Sheppard already went there and did it a lot better… stupid.
          Ok, now shippers don’t get what they what but still …. Blahh… but the Asgard …. That was funny.
          Top minds of 18 different universes, that was nice thing to say.
          Its nice to have a very positive asgard… yes Daniel so do we all (miss Thor that is)

Gee the black clad SG-1 is acting evil, is that like foreshadowing? Or are all of the other SG-1s in on it to save their worlds? They did choose Zats and not p90s
          Are these Ori SG-1? Wraith universe SG-1?

Maybe it should not be so easy to open the brig door… just a thought. I guess now we know how Vala got away. Wouldn’t the other Carter know this…..uh guess so. Yeah!!! Good SG-1 is smart too!!! Our Teal’c is nicer though… why the pants?

Is that Siler?!?!?! Yeah!!!... Walter and an Asgard… Yeah!!!!
          Why is Daniel acting like that… how can people say his character has not changed. He used to care about science.

OK, don’t cut the green one that’s my advice. Dohh… more shipper stuff. …. Blahhh
          And Janet is leeeaaavvvinnnngggggg noooooo.. and Martouf tooo… I am sad.

Good ep by our friends Joseph Mallozzi & Paul Mullie and Peter DeLuise. In fact I will watch that several times to pick out all the SG-1s and tells in the episode..

only the 2nd S9 ep I would do that with.
          I enjoyed this episode too and will rewatch. The only thing missing was Jack and I'm just gonna think he was involved with Sam's past in the 'other' universes!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            How did the Black Alternate reality know that the Green alternate reality had a ZPM at Atlantis? Did they have some way of looking at the different AUs and determining this one had the "spare" ZPM sitting at Atlantis? I mean if they had a ZPM in Atlantis in their own Universe why not just take that one?
            And if they dont have a ZPM in Atlantis in their Universe why assume this universe does?

Just wondering.
            Well they must have figured that seeing this universe was okay they assumed that they survived the events of Beachhead and the Plauge and the Wraith Siege.

Actually they said that they did have a ZPM, but it was depleted...my guess is that the events from Moebius in their univerese effected that ZPM.

Don't you wish things in life were more normal?

Comment

I figured out the bit about the proximity of the universes. The people coming from them are similar enough to fool the universe into believing they're native to it.

And hey, it occurs to me no one's mentioned how happy Sam must be to finally meet versions of herself who joined the military.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

as an s/j shipper i did NOT enjoy OUR sam almost kissing martouf. the only reason it didn't happen either is because that asgard dude interrupted them. NOT a happy s/j camper.
                Yeah, but if Martouf hadn't been shot into swiss cheese, who knows where that relationship could have gone? Stupid Asgard. But since ALL the stuff about ALL the Sams was simply AU stuff, it isn't happening, so Sam and Hammond don't have a bunch of kids, and neither do McKay and Sam, and Jack's still off in homeworld whatever fishing by himself

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                  *grins* And the more of the masses you irritate, the more ratings you're supposed to get, eh? And don't forget... besides the longest running scifi show title, they can also claim the longest running viewer-tease with the S/J ship.

Oh well.... Decent show. Managed to stay awake for both showings…. Some thoughts:
                  • Nicely timed jokes:
                    >Cam’s “One more stupid question” moment with Landry.
                    >Daniel’s “There’s plenty more where we came from” about their expendability.
                  • Missing Janet all over again.
                  • The hallway doublecross scene… expected it, but was nice nonetheless.
                  • Great camera work to get all of the various versions of the team in one shot Kudos to the crews & directors and to the actors, and especially AT again – all of her shots with herself were wholly believable & seamless & well done.
                  • Uh… ‘our’ Sam who has basically already told Agent Barrett she’s “taken” kissing Martouf? *shakes head*
                  • Cam shirtless…. Now pantless? LOL! What’s next?
                  Ditto for me!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this episode a lot. Plot holes and all.

However, after reading the deleted scenes, I am bummed that some of those didn't make the final cut. Especially the one with Black Daniel showing some hesitation about what they are doing. And I'm glad there is a universe out there where Daniel still has Sha're.

Anyway, many laugh out loud moments in this one.

Loved seeing Janet and Martouf again.

All the Carters in one room was very funny.

I was entertained start to finish and that what counts for me.
                    Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Originally posted by JLB
                      Mitchell must actually be pretty popular. I haven't seen any complaints of how much he was featured. I guess there's no Jonas Quinn syndrome with him.
                      Is there a rule against mentioning Jack? What's the guy who played his clone doing?
                      Nah....he's not as popular as you think. I just think that people are resigned that he's a permanent part of SG1 and he's not going anywhere. If you read my comments about last weeks episode, you would have seen that I was ready to give up on SG1. The first 8 seasons were good enough for me. The only thing keeping me going is the return of Vala. I do like her character while maintaining my love for Sam.

Mitchell was alright in this episode because it wasn't about him...it was about the team and that's what made the difference to me
                      Last edited by nccjones; 21 January 2006, 05:51 AM.

Comment

I think Mitchell is doing quite fine as far as I am concerned. People are still getting use to him. Avid Jack fans may never like him. Doesn't mean other people don't like him. I like Jack. I watched Stargate from the begining because I am an RDA fan. But I continue to watch because I am a Ben Browder fan. He blows me away with his acting.
                        Sybil

Comment

I wasn't bothered too much about the almost Sam/Martouf kiss... because it was played almost humorous! They pull away, tilt down and there's the Asgard... I was laughign out loud! So it didn't bother me at all, even though I'm a huge Sam/Jack shipper!!

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
                            Nah....he's not as popular as you thing. I just think that people are resigned that he's a permanent part of SG1 and he's not going anywhere. If you read my comments about last weeks episode, you would have seen that I was ready to give up on SG1. The first 8 seasons were good enough for me. The only thing keeping me going is the return of Vala. I do like her character while maintaining my love for Sam.

Mitchell was alright in this episode because it wasn't about him...it was about the team and that's what made the difference to me
                            He could be less omnipresent though. It seems like he's in every scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Jace021903
                              I enjoyed this episode a lot. Plot holes and all.

However, after reading the deleted scenes, I am bummed that some of those didn't make the final cut. Especially the one with Black Daniel showing some hesitation about what they are doing. And I'm glad there is a universe out there where Daniel still has Sha're.
                              I don't get to see this episode until Tuesday and after reading the comments here I'm really looking forward to it but also after reading the the deleted scenes I'm really dissapointed these two didn't make it, they are actually the kind of scenes I was looking forward to in this ep, it's kind of disheartening they left them out
                              On the bright side:
                              Martouf!
                              Daniel and Janet
                              Multiple Sams
                              Multiple SG1's!
                              Teal'c and Janet!
                              Mitchell in underwaer Yay!
                              Last edited by Sprinkles; 21 January 2006, 06:00 AM.
                              AncientsTimeline

Comment

For most episodes I come in here and point out things that were either "blah" or I didn't like because I'm a tough critic. (I guess)

It's only fair that when I really like an episode, I should say so.

I really liked this one. I give it the hightest rating of the season. Good pacing. Good moments. Interesting situation.

Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X