Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    One word guys: Summary.
    It’s a wonderful SG-1 episode! The best of the season so far. A Sg-1 team (dressed in black) comes through the gate early with some odd occurrence to the gate. During the briefing it becomes clear they are not our SG-1. A few minutes later the real SG-1 comes through on time dressed in green. (yes why didn't anyone notice the change in uniform). Each member of our team questions a member of the AU team. They are all suspicious is it an alien trick?? while they discuss this at least 12 to 16 AU teams (I heard both numbers) are now at the SGC.

Sam and Sam discover that it's a black hole that may have triggered the slew of SG teams arriving in one reality. Although not sure I buy the reason they didn't have entropic cascade failure. At this point +15 Carter's are in her lab with Dr. Lee trying to figure out how to get them all home.

Janet and Martouf arrive!! Janet asked about General O'Neill (at least finally someone mentioned him). Daniel and Teal'c go to meet her and shocked to see their old friend. they sadly explain that she died on a mission. Daniel explains he was with her. (touching scene) meanwhile Martouf goes to the room full of Sam's to offer his assistance ( I can only imagine what O'Neill would have said if he were in Martouf's place ) . He (martouf) is surprised by the numerous Carter's. Geek Sam included eating blue jello. Dr. Lee mentions General Hammond and the AU mirror (glad Gen. Hammond was mentioned as well)

Martouf and Sam have a private discussion (unfortunate not about Sam having killed him years earlier). Martouf explains that he joined the SGC and the two of them lived together for a while but they are no longer together because she is with someone else now. THey are interrupted before we find out who. Also someone else mentioned in the show that Sam is on her honeymoon (again not known to whom).

Finally it's decided that our SG-1 and the first Sg-1 team (dressed in black) that came through the gate go on board the Prometheus to the black hole. on their way ... yep you guessed it the black SG-1 planned the hole thing so they can go to Atlantis to get a ZPM to save their universe (okay I didn't guess why they went all bad just that they would ).

They take our SG-1 team hostage since they are the only people on the ship (so how was the AU team that had planned this so sure that only one other Sg-1 team would be aboard and not the entire crew ... not sure about this one I guess not important since it's tptb story). Our Sg-1 team out smarts the Au and retakes the ship and returns home now that they have discovered that the black Sg-1 team caused the whole mess.

Back at the Sg-1 Carter and the annoying asgard guy (not thor) fire a weapon into the active wormhole to establish a connection from our world to all the AU.

Janet's team is the last to go through and she says a goodbye. This is the first time that Janet and Sam are in a scene together. Sam hugs her long lost best friend. Janet explains that Sam is on maternity leave in her reality. Janet then hugs Daniel and Teal'c. Daniel gives her the vaccine for the Ori plague to save her world.

okay I'm sure I left something out or got something wrong. this is all going on memory. so there ytou go my take on the episode.
    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 20 January 2006, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Uhm I think I must've been late walking back from a commercial because I was very confused. I'm asking for spoilers here, hopefully get it to me before it reruns...
      Okay so the green SG1 escaped from the cell, carter and daniel went to the engine room, and tea'lc and mitchell went to the armory and then black daniel and black teal'c showed up. the next thing I know they're in the jail cell being told that the power was cut, and either i blanked out and didn't realize it, or the next thing I know SGC is getting a transmission from carter on her laptop telling them how to fix all the problems, and everybody goes home (somewhat) happilly ever after?
      Someone fill in the gaps for me please...
      Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
      Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
      Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
      Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

I heard that there were 18 teams. That was in the conversation between Dr. Fraiser and Landry.

Comment

SEriously, this wasn't a totally unique plot, but these days in sci-fi that's tough to come up with. On the whole I really enjoyed the mental warp that such a science fiction possibility presents. Even in high school I enjoyed reading about alternate universes and space/time problems. Some of my favorite eps in various sci-fi shows have centered around this kind of theme. To me, this episode makes SG-1 true to the genre.

Throw in some good acting, dear old characters, and a small but still viable plot, and it worked very well.

Comment

Janet!

There should be other thoughts for the show but.. hmmm

Janet!

I was so so happy to see Janet back!

Best runner up scene however was Walter and Kvasir. LOL Absolutely perfect.

But Janet!

I missed not having Jack on, and we could have had a few other characters pop on instead of the whole "evil SG-1" plotline. But over all I liked this ep.

The line from Daniel about Thor was great. Lots of good moments, I suspect if I watch it again later I will pick up other things. Lam? Well let's say it's a good thing that she didn't have screen time with Janet. Sadly, it would have magnified what she was trying to replace. I teared up when she turned around and saw Daniel and Teal'c. And that music...

Sam had some good lines. Overall, I liked this one.

And Janet!
            I love Jack O'Neill. That about covers it.

Glitz Gal
            http://www.ancientrealm.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
              Look Star Trek has ALREADY established that if you shoot a neutrino wave blast at empty space, when it's done simulatneously to the same space in the past, it will open a hole to the past that grows as time goes backward!

Not to mention Dan Simmons 'Hyperion' series of books where the Shrike is in multiple places in time at the same time, while time goes backwards in the valley but forwards on the rest of the planet.

Then there was Space 1999, where the Moon Base Alpha ran into itself and the future of itself, and then . . poof!

Space/time distortion, no place for wimps.
              Owww...head hurts now...

I'm just going to go back to being mildly amused that they named the Asgard "Kvasir" (made from the "spit of the gods") while having Cam discussing "spit takes" with himself in this ep. That's enough fancy thinkin' for me for a Friday night.

Comment

I know Stargate has culled episode concepts from Star Trek for a long time, but...this is the second in a row that does so completely directly.

Last week's: Ex Post Facto from Voyager.
                This week's: Paralells from Next Generation.

Window of Opportunity was a great episode, yes, and it copied Cause and Effect from Next Generation. But, come on. There's a limit. The pryors directly rip off the Jedi, for god's sake. It's a miracle they don't have lightsabers yet.

But, nonetheless, Stargate is looking up from the start of the season. Mitchell is getting much more interesting and less lifeless, and there are actually episodes that DON'T focus on the one dimensional Ori.

Edit: Oh yes, and one question. Umm...how did Landry know that Baal had adult clones of himself? I thought we only learned that at the end of that episode -- the SGC thinks Baal is dead.
                Last edited by Bobthespirit; 20 January 2006, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                  Oh, and here's Dr. Lee 's theory about the lack of Entropic Cascade Failure:

Dr. Lee: Sixteen different SG1's, sixteen different points of origin, but only one point of convergence: this universe. Now, given the fact that previous trips through this black hole didn't produce a rupture in the sub-space structure...

Sam: They may not have produced the rupture, but it is entirely possible that their repeated trips contributed to the deterioration of the space-time fabric that, weakened, eventually ceded to the singularity, creating the bridge between the various realities.

Dr. Lee: And I'm thinking that the proximity of these realities in relation to each other may account for the absence of the entropic cascade failure...

Now if anyone understands that, please explain it to me.
                  As I said, "Gobbledygook", jibberish, technobabble, emphasis on the babble. It was so far out, I started to enjoy it. They must have had fun making it up...like Klingon.
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

This was a great show; I enjoyed it a great deal.
                    Amanda was wonderful! It was good to see her work wonders again.
                    Christopher was fantastic.
                    Michael was terrific.
                    It was so great to see Terrell, I miss her so much!
                    It was also good to see JR.
                    I loved the show.

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      I understand that it explains away a plothole... whether it makes sense or not is not relevant as it is as good an explanation as any on which one can hang suspension of disbelief on.
                      By my little toe!
                      But I forgive Joe
                      Because it was fun
                      To have multiple SG1

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        Wanna know something scary? I think I understood all that! *LOL*

*Now I know I've watched waaayyyy too many episodes*
                        Hats backs carefully away, afraid that FP will vaporize her with her brain.

Comment

I just realized that I couldn't remember the last time I watched (or even wanted to watch) an ep of SG1 TWICE on a Friday night. And tonight I did watch both airings of Ripple Effect, even though I had taped it.

That makes it a good ep, IMHO, if it was worth watching again in the same evening.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Right. Because being vague has been so helpful in the past. Why tick off one group of fandom when you can irritate most groups with ambiguity???
                            *grins* And the more of the masses you irritate, the more ratings you're supposed to get, eh? And don't forget... besides the longest running scifi show title, they can also claim the longest running viewer-tease with the S/J ship.

Oh well.... Decent show. Managed to stay awake for both showings…. Some thoughts:
                            • Nicely timed jokes:
                              >Cam’s “One more stupid question” moment with Landry.
                              >Daniel’s “There’s plenty more where we came from” about their expendability.
                            • Missing Janet all over again.
                            • The hallway doublecross scene… expected it, but was nice nonetheless.
                            • Great camera work to get all of the various versions of the team in one shot Kudos to the crews & directors and to the actors, and especially AT again – all of her shots with herself were wholly believable & seamless & well done.
                            • Uh… ‘our’ Sam who has basically already told Agent Barrett she’s “taken” kissing Martouf? *shakes head*
                            • Cam shirtless…. Now pantless? LOL! What’s next?
                            Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 21 January 2006, 03:21 AM.
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Am I the only one that thought it ended just a bit too abruptly? I felt it could've been tied up nicer- even in another 1/2 an hour... It was just like- "Ok, we found out how to put everyone back in their proper reality- blast!- there we go. Bye Martouf and Janet. The End" There was SO much great dialogue, little details, interesting techno-babble, and then the end just came at me out of nowhere!! Uhdunno. Maybe 'twas just me.
                              Though Jack wasn't mentioned, I definitely saw a "Jack look" from Sam. Towards the end while she was explaining to Landry what they were doing to the wormhole, and he just stopped her with an "I got it, I got it. They're going back." line, she just shut up and wrinkled her eyebrows and I SWEAR it was a total Jack look. Uhdunno. Maybe that was just me too...
                              Anyway, besides the abrupt ending, I thought this was the best ep. this season. So I was ok with the almost Sam/Martouf kiss. All right- I totally just lied. I was screaming and my roomate got worried. I know Sam must feel guilty about his death and all, but she was so going into that kiss with more than guilt on her mind. And though they didn't actually kiss, just the look itself made my heart sink into my pelvis with the notion that it was because she's not with Jack. WHAT is TPTB's problem?! Do they hate us?!! SHEESH! I know I'm a shipper, but the rest of you have got to at least see how awful this is at this point! Enough with my rant.
                              Multiple Carter's made my night.

Comment

Daniel: I miss Thor...

Great stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X