No announcement yet.

Collateral Damage (912)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anything, it seemed to me like Sam was interested in the technology more than Cam. No ship involved.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      I agree completely, I would like to see more team stand alones also and I would prefer to be 'shown' instead of told stuff.
      It didn't seem to me like being told. I wasn't told that Mitchell is determined to find the truth. I saw it through his actions. I saw why he is persistant, through the flashbacks. It was sort of like The Gamekeeper, where a past event plays a part in the episode.

Oh, and no ship. Just concern for a friend having a very difficult time.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by kazbaby
        It's not forcing him on us, it's filling us in on an enigma that is now a part of the team. We are learning as we go along, but they're allowing us to get to know him on the same level that we know the rest of the team.

Oh, I hope not. I like them having just a friendship. It's another layer to their lives other than adventures.

I agree completely.

I was glad they added the backstory, it really helps me respect the character more and take him more seriously.
        I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by kazbaby
          It's not forcing him on us, it's filling us in on an enigma that is now a part of the team. We are learning as we go along, but they're allowing us to get to know him on the same level that we know the rest of the team.
          The same level as the rest of the team? So then they have to force that stuff down our throats to get 9 years worth of history out of him.

Again, I'm sorry you don't agree with me. I understand where you are coming from, but for me, it's too much. We learned about him in the first episode, I was ready to accept him and move on. But not all this angst about him. For me, I hope they are done with the flashbacks. Let's move on and get some good team episodes.

Comment

Overall: Meh.

M-E-H.

Meh.

I, for one, like to see the stargate....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
              It didn't seem to me like being told. I wasn't told that Mitchell is determined to find the truth. I saw it through his actions. I saw why he is persistant, through the flashbacks. It was sort of like The Gamekeeper, where a past event plays a part in the episode.

Oh, and no ship. Just concern for a friend having a very difficult time.
              I wasnt referring specifically to this ep. I was talking in general terms... I actually rather liked this ep. To me it was as good as Cold Lazarus.... well ok maybe not as good... I would have to watch it a few hundered times before I could really say that, but anyway you know what I mean.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I can't understand how you see it as forcing his history down our throats, and it's not all angst in his history. Yes, he had something traumatic in his childhood, but from the look of it, it made for a strong relationship with his father and they showed us why, and how, he was determined to survive and learn to walk again after his own crash.

And in no way am I saying that they're showing us '9 years worth of history', but rather they’re showing what we need to in order to get to know him more intimately as we know the others.
                My guilty pleasures.

Now...What Am I Offered For All Of The Powers In The Universe?
                A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

New Vids: Superstar & Chosen Path

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones
                  Ok...Am I really the only one who noticed the Daniel slam dunk in the conference room? I'm starting to wonder if people didn't think it was a big deal. I mean, Daniel was voicing his concern and there was only on a few planets so far Mitchell who was already hot after the alian babe slamming him for his concerns, and then Landry saying..yes, we know that for 9 years that there's been questionable alian devices..but that's what they go to the planets (well, along those lines...not exact quote).

I just felt that he was totally disrespected in that scene. JMO.
                  I noticed, and it didn't bother me. It didn't seem like a slam. Daniel said that if the device succeeded, it could accelerate their (did these people have a name?) technological advancement. Mitchell just said that he thought that was the reason why they were doing it. He didn't call Daniel stupid or anything, either directly, or in his manner (from my view). And, Landry just said that the SGC has been doing the same thing. Which they have been doing. Landry didn't agree with Daniel, he said so, he pointed out why. It hardly seemed like a slam from either of them, imo.

I also didn't see 9 years worth of history. I saw some pretty basic things. He had a father who lost his legs, and who he apparently had a good relationship with. He had one bad experience as a fighter pilot. And, the battle in Lost City. Oh, and Grandma. Which has mainly been through minor mentions in various episodes. That's only scrapping the surface.
                  Last edited by Dani347; 13 January 2006, 07:11 PM.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

I noticed, and it didn't bother me. It didn't seem like a slam. Daniel said that if the device succeeded, it could accelerate their (did these people have a name?) technological advancement. Mitchell just said that he thought that was the reason why they were doing it. He didn't call Daniel stupid or anything, either directly, or in his manner (from my view). And, Landry just said that the SGC has been doing the same thing. Which they have been doing. Landry didn't agree with Daniel, he said so, he pointed out why. It hardly seemed like a slam from either of them, imo.
                    Actually, I thought that Mitchell misunderstood Daniels point. I thought he thought Daniel was saying its a good thing to accelarate ones technological advancement. Then Daniel had to "explain" to him why such things are bad. Then Landry simply pointed out that its the exact same thing the SGC does everyday... heck, its their entire mission.

Thats what I thought was going on... so to me it was more a Daniel slam on Mitchell who was crazy happy about some new cool tech.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Well, I admit that I may be a bit prejudice at this point and that's why I saw it differently. I have to say that many people like the character Mitchell and I'm probably one of the few who don't. At least I have my 8 seasons of SG1 to always watch.

I guess from the series standpoint I'm glad he's being well received so the show can continue. I feel bad that I can't learn to like him like you all do. I'm still giving the show a chance and waiting Vala's return hoping she'll bring some life to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by nccjones

I guess from the series standpoint I'm glad he's being well received so the show can continue. I feel bad that I can't learn to like him like you all do. I'm still giving the show a chance and waiting Vala's return hoping she'll bring some life to the show.
                        It's all cool. Sometimes a character just doesn't sit right with a person and either they'll grow on them or they'll blip over them during the run.
                        My guilty pleasures.

Now...What Am I Offered For All Of The Powers In The Universe?
                        A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

New Vids: Superstar & Chosen Path

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          Actually, I thought that Mitchell misunderstood Daniels point. I thought he thought Daniel was saying its a good thing to accelarate ones technological advancement. Then Daniel had to "explain" to him why such things are bad. Then Landry simply pointed out that its the exact same thing the SGC does everyday... heck, its their entire mission.

Thats what I thought was going on... so to me it was more a Daniel slam on Mitchell who was crazy happy about some new cool tech.
                          I thought they both understood each other. Didn't see a slam on anyone in the scene.

Comment

I definetly did not see evidence of a Cam/ Sam Ship. I felt a team vibe overall, but not a Cam Sam Ship.
                            Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Comment

I thought they both understood each other. Didn't see a slam on anyone in the scene.
                              I agree. I didn't see a slam. In fact I thought it was a kind of humorous exchange.

Comment

First of all I Love Stargate!
                                Tonight’s show was ok because any Stargate is better than not getting to see a new one at all. Amanda made it worth watching.
                                Having said that the best thing about tonight’s show was the previews of next week
                                ”I got nothing…Yet”
                                I do not hate BB; I even think I could grow to like him if I were given a bone about Jack. For eight years we have been feed the team and it is hard to except a new team when the old team is still very much on our minds. It is hard to embrace new people when you still have questions in your mind about your old friends. I just hope they are saving all the questions for one big answer at the end.

"We were a team...no one could even begin to understand what we went through together… What we mean to each other.” Samantha Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X