No announcement yet.

The Fourth Horseman, Part 2 (911)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this one a lot. I wouldn't call it the best ever but I liked it.

Browder and Shanks banter was hysterical.

Judge had a heck of a role tonight and did it well.

We had lots of other characters come in and I thought they all did a good job. The only bad job was Lexa Doag, who I thought over-acted there towards the end. But otherwise, good job all around.

Worth seeing again, and good plot and character development.

Comment

I'm a die hard SG1 fanatic
      and i've enjoyed season 9 so far
      so i was excited about the start of the Second half of season 9
      and BOY WAS IT A DISAPPOINTMENT

some earlier poster hit all the points

1. The Sodan switch sides (all of a sudden)
      2. Cringe factor in ALL the ORLIN scenes didnt anyone realize that the
      kid was just spitting out his LONG DRONING lines with no emotion
      while the music was implying some sadness/pain/connection between
      sam and himself
      3. The Strange interaction between the Prior and Mitchel/Daniel
      Didnt anyone notice that the SODAN WARRIORS WERE LEFT JUST
      STANDING AROUND A RING FOR THE WHOLE SHOW SAYING NOTHING
      DOING NOTHING
      4. Gerek switching sides (all of a sudden)
      5. The Quick and Easy Answer to a plauge that's spreading rapidly across
      The World?????????
      Darn
      I've enjoyed the ORI so far, i've enjoyed Season 9 so far
      but Episode 11 season 9 was BAD BAD BAD

Comment

I didn't mind the existence of the scene between Landry and Lam. I'm all for character interaction. What got me, was that Lam seemed to want to get in her kicks while she still could. "You hurt ME, because you had to run off without saying why to ME, and now that I'm in the same position I understand, but you know it's all because you hurt ME, and I'm going to make sure I drum it in just how much you hurt ME. If you die, I want you to be fully aware of how much you're actions hurt ME."

MS oldest daughter was supposed to be in an episode. Was she the one who was outside when Daniel tapped the bars of the window? Or is she going to be in another episode?
        Last edited by Dani347; 06 January 2006, 08:10 PM.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Great episode overall IMHO.

Hallowed are the Ori.

Glad to see they are on their way.

Landry & Lam relationship and both characters are coming along nicely, very touching at the end.

Great to see Hammond again never can get enough of him coming back once in awhile.

Cam Mitchell is fitting in better and it was great during the Prior attack scenes.

It was a great end to Gerak's character at least for the short term, you never know about these things.

Teal'c got TONS of screen time so I don't even want to hear about him not getting enough, he did some of his best acting yet. Part 2 was much better than Part 1.

Although I still wish they had the original actor back for Orlin, the kid just didn't seem right in both episodes.

Can't wait to see the team back working together in the next episode.

Rated: Outstanding

Oh yeah, great 60 second opener too a hellufalot better than the 10 second thing.
          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

i just finished with the ep. it was alright. about the only thing i'd change is STOP having mitchell run those one-liners!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Talky, slow moving and boring. In my opinion of course.

but I dig those opening credits!

Comment

The episode rocked!

I'm not usually a fan of the Jaffa-centered episodes, and I have complained about Gerak numerous times; however, tonight the Jaffa section of the episode was fantastic. I loved that Teal'c confirmed that his place is with SG-1; he's no longer moonlighting from the Jaffa council. Gerak's redemtion helped me tolerate his character, and the Sodan were a nice addition to the episode. Since they had already made up their own minds, I didn't find their quicker conversion to "our" side a problem. I would have been upset if Mitchell had known four words to save the day. This culture made up its own mind, which is what the team has been aiming for all season. SG-1 had its first victory of the season!

I enjoyed watching the Prior become confused, angry, and frightened, and I liked seeing the human side to the priors and the cost of such blind devotion. The scene with Laudry was nice. Mitchell and Daniel did well interacting with the prior too. I disagree that they were too flippant. Sarcasm is almost the only way to fight the priors. They want respect and attention, so quips about recipies are a way to resist their rhetoric.

The Orlin and Carter scenes were interesting, and the end was particularly sad. He sacrificed himself to help humanity (partially because it included Carter), and now he can't even remember who Sam is. General Hammond's presence and the scene with the team was fantastic as well.

Many people have offered heavy criticism about the Laudry/Lam sequence. I thought the scene was well-done and extremely touching. I haven't watered up at an SG-1 episode in a long time. The scene allowed the background of both characters to come forward and shows how they can develop a positive relationship in the future. As much as I like General Hammond, I prefer the background we are getting on Laudry's life. We know that Hammond has grandkids . . . crickets chirp . . . and he has grandkids. We've learned very little about his past, his parents, his reason for being in the military, how he got in charge of the base, etc. The writers are doing a nice job of making the new general a three-dimensional character.

Overall, the show worked for me. I thought it was one of the best Season 9 episodes, and it reminded me of the best of classic SG-1. I hope the remainder of Season 9 is as good.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

OK, quick and short, since I can't seem to stay connected:

I LIKED THE FOURTH HORSEMAN PT. 2.

I liked that Sam got to do 2IC at SGC! "Stand down!" for Teal'c and Garek. Okitwasallof10minutesbytheclock, but hey! Yay, Sam; foreshadowing??

I liked Cam in this ep, and his interaction with Daniel who I also liked here.

I liked Teal'c's strategy with Garek; moved me, as did Garek's sacrifice.

I liked Sam and Orlin; the tragi-hero in the little boy was quite touching.

Just sayin', I liked this ep a lot. My rating: 4 stars.

Just sayin', hope I get to post anything here tonight! Aaagh!!
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Initial thoughts:

-The plague plotline just didn't work, IMO. I never got the feeling of dread that the plague that would wipe out humanity unless it could be stopped. Was it because we were simply being told what was happening by military reports and news clips? Would it have been better if they had shown some scenes of people on the street panicking, hospitals jam packed with infected patients, militaries imposing martial law on unhappy civilains? I think so.

-I wasn't expecting Gerek to turn back and save everyone, so that was a nice twist for me.

-Yay Hammond!

-One of the better Teal'c episodes I've seen, simply because they gave him lots to work with.

-I'm actually quite neutral on the Sam/Orlin subplot. Neither good nor bad, it was simply there.

-I like Mitch a lot more when he's serious. However, I just can't enjoy his character when he's snapping off one-liners. His snarky banter back and forth with Daniel while they held the Prior just didn't seem appropriate either.

-Lam's discussion with Landry at the end, while quite personal and vulnerable on her end, didn't quite work for me. Landry's reaction was nice, but I'm SO sick of Lam's eyerolling. Everytime she does it I'm reminded of a teenager rebelling against her parents, and Lam is a grown woman, FCOL.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                      Initial thoughts:

-The plague plotline just didn't work, IMO. I never got the feeling of dread that the plague that would wipe out humanity unless it could be stopped. Was it because we were simply being told what was happening by military reports and news clips? Would it have been better if they had shown some scenes of people on the street panicking, hospitals jam packed with infected patients, militaries imposing martial law on unhappy civilains? I think so.
                      I think so, too. It was tell, not show. 3000 people? Big whoop when they're just a statistic.

-One of the better Teal'c episodes I've seen, simply because they gave him lots to work with.
                      In assessing the episode, I'd say that plot was the best in this episode, although not as good as other episodes like Birthright or Avatar.

-I like Mitch a lot more when he's serious. However, I just can't enjoy his character when he's snapping off one-liners. His snarky banter back and forth with Daniel while they held the Prior just didn't seem appropriate either.
                      It did seem out of place. If the banter was there to lighten the episode, it didn't work (for me) because it seemed too blantantly there for that purpose, rather than naturally occuring. I mean, with Earth in a plague, and the Sodan in danger of being wiped out (it wasn't like CSM prior was the only prior who could come there) the flippancy didn't fit the situation.

-Lam's discussion with Landry at the end, while quite personal and vulnerable on her end, didn't quite work for me. Landry's reaction was nice, but I'm SO sick of Lam's eyerolling. Everytime she does it I'm reminded of a teenager rebelling against her parents, and Lam is a grown woman, FCOL.
                      Lam's abruptness works when she's in medical mode. I don't mind her not being a sensitive, nice doctor. But, dealing with her dying father, who I assume she was trying to connect and to indirectly say she forgave him, her attitude screamed anything but.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

First of all, glad to have the full theme back again. That alone put me in a more receptive mood, but I'm scratching my head over the CG gate in the opening. Why? After 8+ seasons they couldn't find an actual shot of the gate to place in there? I was also glad to see AT in the main cast line-up in the opening sequence as well as just the team, harkening back to the earlier seasons. I think that will put to rest the questions of her being replaced on the team, which is a good thing. I love Carter and don't want to see her go anywhere.

Loved the dynamic between Cam and Daniel. They had the banter done and it was very nicely done. Good team. I also love the way Daniel's character has become more comfortable in his skin with the combat side of things. He's starting to feel much more like a soldier to me. Maybe the smartest soldier in the field, (next to Sam, of course), but still a soldier. Wouldn't mind seeing Daniel lead a team.

Chris Judge - what can I say? The depth of his abilities as an actor were well showcased in this episode. The scene with Garek at Garek's father's graveside was amazing. I was completely blown away. Well done Chris.

Loved seeing Hammond anytime but I agree with others who want to know about his civilian status. When did this happen and why? Can't anyone tell us what he's doing? Why is this such a state secret? And I also found it strange that when he said he was heading back to Washington, no one said, "Tell Jack we said 'Hi'." What was that all about?

Like many others, I didn't like Lam's rant against her dying father in front of a room full of people that he's got to go back and command. This scene would have best been played out by his bedside after he had recovered, ot if it had to be when he was sick, with her at his bedside talking to him through the hazmat suit. What purpose did it serve to yell at him in front of everybody else? Very, very tacky. Badly done. Didn't like that at all.

For the most part, I liked this episode. Sad to see us losing Louis Gosset, Jr. but as we couldn't keep him forever, was glad that Gerek died as a good guy. Loved Bratac, as always. Looking forward to next week.
                        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                        it has it's own laws and beats about things
                        which the intellect scorns."
                        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Have to agree with many posters that there were some plot and pacing problems; it seemed like they were trying to get a lot of information across for future plot development (e.g., Priors go poof if they disagree with the Ori, the Ori are after the ancients). But I still really enjoyed the episode because all the actors, especially Chris Judge, were really on their game. Even during the Lam/Landry personal reveal (which I agree seemed a bit out of place in this episode and maybe too early at all), Beau Bridges sold the character so well that I understood his pain.

Now, I can just hope the writers can give the actors a bit better material.

Comment

Dani347 used this line to describe one scene: "because it seemed too blantantly there for that purpose, rather than naturally occuring."

This hits the nail on the head for me for a lot of what is happening in this episode as well as it being one of the biggest problems with so many other eps thus far in S9 - it all seems so blatant - it's not natural. The team interactions, the tight spots, the results, the endings always seemed natural, now it all seems forced and contrived. It feels like everyone is just going through the motions and the writing is just going through the motions.

Comment

Originally posted by Battousai the Manslayer
                              -However, I was completly sick of Landry, and the sappy family problems he brings to Earth's first line of defense, the SGC!! This is just getting out of control, I found myself hoping that he would just cry in his bed and die of sickness so we could get a new General. Hammond never had any baggage, he was too damn busy worrying about everything else!! It just seems unprofessional to have the head of the medical staff crying about her rough childhood during a cataclysmic medical disaster threatening the entire Earth. I have no problems with Vala or Mitchell whatsoever, however...Lam and Landry still need some SIGNIFICANT retooling.
                              i think landry's the best 'new' thing of this 'new' show. in fact, when i was watching the scene between landry and his snotty daughter (when landry was tearing up)... i felt he's too good for this show.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Now see, I LIKED Mitchell's banter. As for them being funny during a serious moment, I saw it as part of the plot. They were trying to show the prior that they were NOT afraid of the Ori, and didn't expect them to do anything. And the Ori didn't. If they had been serious-faced and sullen, it wouldn't have had the same effect.

Besides, the pie crust recipe remark was hysterical.

Comment

Working...
                                X