No announcement yet.

The Fourth Horseman, Part 2 (911)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think now they have to start adjusting the frequency again so all of their powers stay inhibited.

Comment

Maybe it was the Orii.

They did talk about intervention on the part of the Orii after that moment like someone was like "i though that the Orii couldnt interfere"

it could be the first step towards interference since the Ancients didnt jump in and save Gerak, so the Orii were able to do a small thing and maybe a bigger thing later. my grammar is suffering right now. i need to get to school.

Comment

he gets his comeupance to the satisfaction of the fans for being a ******* and screwing everybody over, thake that!!!!!!
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I would've liked to have Prior Garak around longer. SG1 has almost no living recurring characters. Bra'tac is hanging on a loose thread. Hopefully he won't die.

Comment

Very good episode, especially the Jaffa scenes. Chris Judge doesn't get the recognition he deserves as he is one of the finest actors on the show.

Loved the banter between Mitchell and Daniel. Those two work well together. This was a Daniel-lite episode but I didn't have a problem with it as Daniel as been prominently featured earlier in the season.

Only "iffy" was Lam, who I still don't care for. Maybe that has to do with missing Janet so much.

Closing scene was sad, and fitting. Love this show!

Comment

I wasn't sorry to see Garak go. But, considering his belief in the Ori, I found it hard to grasp that he was swayed against them (the Ori) so fast. Unless, of course, he was swayed towards just as fast. Maybe he was just wishy/washy anyway.
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I read through a bunch of posts , couldnt go through all (sheer quantity) so here goes some of my thoughts on the episode and others comments.

Loved the dialogue, especially with Teal'c and Gerak

About the prior overcoming the device they said it inhibited his ability to concentrate his powers like others stated they just gave him too much time to concentrate which would also explain why he had a limited set of powers, he was fighting to be able to have any at all.

About Lam, again I agree with another comment made about hatred for Landry. Overcoming a lifetime of hatred takes time, simply realizing you were wrong doesnt make the associated emotions go away. Someone commented that it seemed like she was hating herself for not hating him which seemed very fitting.

Another thought that occurred to me with the Prior/Gerak analogy was that having fought the Goa'uld any prior-ization they did in the milky way would be bad news for the Ori themselves. The Priors from the Ori galaxy on the other hand were completely in awe of the Ori and believed anything and everything they said. Otoh Jaffa and other races that have known false gods would question things more openly.

Comment

is it just me? i'm pretty glad gerak got toasted.. i just can't understand somebody (the character he plays) with poor intelligence that tptb give him become a leader just like that.. guess stuff happens that way.. and i can't believe the scripting allows gerak to continue to easily persuade the council his way.. so personally, when i saw gerak get toasted at the way, it was an over and beyond excellent episode.. i loved it thus far..

what makes me wonder.. so they have an almost fully functional anti-prior device.. i bet it can later be further advanced with asgard help.. heh.. thor did make that gigantic disruptor.. how bout a gigantic anti-prior thingofabob?

yeap, and i loved the dialogs with the prior.. and that daniel had to keep guessing codes.. goes to show that they didn't have time to program an auto-modulation frequencies dealio into the thingofabob.. added more suspense :-)

i dig the episode.. and thank goodness and origin that gerak is gone.. am i the only glad one?

-p

Comment

Spoilers! warning! (I don't feel like making the eniter thread white, as I hate to read it)

S
                    P
                    O
                    I
                    L
                    E
                    R
                    S

So when the prior infected Landry with the virus, how did he get his powers back? Does the anti-prior thing work?

Comment

I think it worked for a little while, and then the prior overcame it somehow.
                      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Maybe the Device ran out of juice or the sound stoped or changed. Like in a Song the beat goes on for awhile and the disc eventually runs out of time on it. He also could have used up his power like they regain it quickly when use a power but maybe the sound slew down his regaining the power. There are many ways it stoped so its hard to Know but I'll go with my regain Idea.
                        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                        new enemy of the Ori
                        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Running out of batteries seems to be a bit slobby of the tech that made that part.

*back of anti-prior gun*: Batteries only run for 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
                            Running out of batteries seems to be a bit slobby of the tech that made that part.

*back of anti-prior gun*: Batteries only run for 20 minutes.
                            that was one reason try the Proir power recovers after every use quick but the Prior power to regain took longer because of the Gun and he saved his power until able to use it one last time.
                            Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                            Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                            new enemy of the Ori
                            At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by Fargater
                              CAM: What the hell just happened?

SAM: I thought the Ori weren`t able to take action in this galaxy without inciting the Ancients.

DANIEL: It must have been some physiological failsafe they put in place when they made him a Prior. In the event [they`ve? he`d`ve?] returned.

The bracketed words are the ones I couldn`t make out. Sometimes it really sounded like one and other times the other.
                              Thanks very much! Was driving me nutso!

Dana Jeanne
                              Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                No... just better writing
                                Agree, a few scripts from a freelancers would be really good idea. Or maybe from someone who wrote a great script back in season 1?

Comment

Working...
                                X