The Fourth Horseman, Part 2 (911)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatusu
    That's unfortunate, Dana. I defend your right to say it, but in my opinion, it was the best part of the show.
    I've no clue why I find it all so boring. I have since day one, and I'm not sure if it's because Teal'c as a character doesn't interest me much on his own or what. I like him fine when he's with the team; loved Cor'Ai and Changeling. I simply don't care about the Jaffa Nation. Which is why it's boring to me, I guess.

Although.... for THIS episode, I agree with you: the Jaffa parts *were* the best part of the show.

Dana Jeanne
    Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu

One more thing. I would have liked to see Sam show some emotion over what happened to Orlin. I suppose it would have been easier with the original actor.
      Do you mean in the rest home? I think she was putting on a brave front. He was there, not knowing that he had lost his memories, not knowing that there was anything to be upset about. He was pretty content. Then, if this stranger (because that's what Sam was to him by then) came and got emotional over him, it might upset him and scare him, because he wouldn't know why.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I thought this episode was okay, but a bit of a letdown after Part I.

I thought Teal'c and Bra'tac were great together as always. I have not liked Garak at all, but his sacrifice at the end was very good. In fact, I have found him painful to watch until last night's episode.

I was okay with the Sam and Orlin interaction, but Sam didn't really do much except babysit him. The last scene though was very good. For me, just the right amount of emoting from Sam. Fortunately the anti-Prior weapon that she and Dr. Lee worked on in Part I, though, was effective up to a point.

The Landry/Lam scene did not work for me. I have no idea why Lam would be saying all these things to her father in this public setting. The execution of Lam's speech just didn't sound right. I think the writers have done a disservice to the Lam character for focusing on this friction between father and daughter instead of focusing on Lam's professional side. Let's get to know her professional side first, before we move into "relationship issues."

I liked the Daniel/Mitchell banter to a point, and then it just seemed like I was listening to the actors instead of Daniel and Mitchell. There were some funny lines, but it seemed a bit forced in the episode.

Okay, I am now officially starving for a real live team episode off-world where the whole team goes through the gate and believe or not they stay together as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          Me, too.

Did anyone else wonder why they sent the archaeologist back to the planet to handle the technical bits and not Super-Sam?

Well, I would rather have Danny~boy trying to find the right frequincy, then Jack . Wouldn't you?
          *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
            Okay, I am now officially starving for a real live team episode off-world where the whole team goes through the gate and believe or not they stay together as a team.
            YES!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
              I've no clue why I find it all so boring. I have since day one, and I'm not sure if it's because Teal'c as a character doesn't interest me much on his own or what. I like him fine when he's with the team; loved Cor'Ai and Changeling. I simply don't care about the Jaffa Nation. Which is why it's boring to me, I guess.

Although.... for THIS episode, I agree with you: the Jaffa parts *were* the best part of the show.

Dana Jeanne

I'm with you on this one. I find the Jaffa nation storyline boring this season and often in the past. I find Teal'c much more interesting when he is doing something other than this like Changeling, Avatar, or Sacrifices, or like you say, when he is with the team.

But the Jaffa parts in this episode were the best parts, except I did like the last scene alot with Orlin and Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                Do you mean in the rest home? I think she was putting on a brave front. He was there, not knowing that he had lost his memories, not knowing that there was anything to be upset about. He was pretty content. Then, if this stranger (because that's what Sam was to him by then) came and got emotional over him, it might upset him and scare him, because he wouldn't know why.
                I agree. I think Sam would have shown her emotions only when she was alone for a moment, maybe right before she entered the room.
                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  maybe they shouldn't have made jack head of homeworld security if they were going to ignore his position in eps that the plot allowed for. (what a crappy sentence did anyone understand it?)

sally
                  I got it!
                  I see where your coming from. It makes me wonder what Jack is actually doing behind the scenes. Its really frustrating, they could have replaced the Landry/Lam bit with a perfectly decent explanation of what Jack's doing. Though the explanation belonged in Avalon part one.

Comment

So, maybe a scene right before she walks in, where she closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and then walks in. That way, you could see her composing herself. Something like that?

eta: this was directed to Hatusu wrt the comment about Sam showing some emotion regarding Orlin.
                    Last edited by Dani347; 07 January 2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                      Me, too.

Did anyone else wonder why they sent the archaeologist back to the planet to handle the technical bits and not Super-Sam?
                      Sam was behind the scenes doing the scientist thing if you think about it. Daniel isn't exactly capable of helping Orlin process the cure, but he can click a few buttons on a remote. Sam belonged at the SGC, helping Orlin and commanding in Landry's absence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                        So, maybe a scene right before she walks in, where she closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and then walks in. That way, you could see her composing herself. Something like that?
                        Yes. Usually it would be a scene with Dr. Frazier, but I don't see that happening with Lam.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
                          Sam was behind the scenes doing the scientist thing if you think about it. Daniel isn't exactly capable of helping Orlin process the cure, but he can click a few buttons on a remote. Sam belonged at the SGC, helping Orlin and commanding in Landry's absence.

Very good points. And yes, it was important to have Sam be in command when Landry was off-world, as we saw when Teal'c and Garak came through the gate.

Comment

This is my emotional reaction to this episode. Sweet relief.

I liked very little in the first half of the season. I had been looking forward to the 2nd half of the season and dreading it at the same time. With this episode, I could sit back and enjoy the show without cringing at excessive awkwardness and excruciatingly bad jokes.

As Darren said, there was too much telling instead of doing, but overall it kept my interest and felt right. I was starting to think "Stargate SG1" was gone for good and a show that I didn't like much had replaced it.
                            Maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              speaking of hammond; did anyone else get the feeling that don s davis wasn't really in the room with them when they filmed the 'good job, mitchell, for getting the band back together' scene? it felt off (like the jack-daniel scene in ? when jack told daniel he was hungry).

sally
                              I absolutely felt this way. This was one of the most uncomfortable scenes of the show, right behind the Lam/Landry debacle. I definitely thought that they were not together when it was filemd. Here is Hammond who they, Sam and Daniel, worked with for 8 years and they clearly had not seen him in awhile and they didn't even approach him or shake his hand or hug him or anything that even came close to friendship and respect of the kind we saw between them for so many years. Once again, TPTB writers seem incapable of showing them acting as if they even know each other well never mind a group of people that spent 8 years of their lives together saving each others behinds (and Hammond saved their skins more than once if I recall several eps correctly) as well as the worlds' and the galaxys' behinds more than a dozen times over. Very poorly written and horrible that if they were in the room together it felt as if they were not and it felt forced and unnatural just like a lot of the show lately.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                                IOkay, I am now officially starving for a real live team episode off-world where the whole team goes through the gate and believe or not they stay together as a team.
                                Yes, yes, yes to the team episode where they are actually all in the same place at the same time working on the same thing - what a refreshing concept!!

Comment

Working...
                                X