The Fourth Horseman, Part 2 (911)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel's Sister
    I would have been thinking ' Umm, Daniel? want to hurry up and, (voice getting louder), find that right frequincy!?!
    Me, too.

Did anyone else wonder why they sent the archaeologist back to the planet to handle the technical bits and not Super-Sam?

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
      Me, too.

Did anyone else wonder why they sent the archaeologist back to the planet to handle the technical bits and not Super-Sam?
      Sam was supposed to be working with Orlin to cure the virus... not sure why Lam wasnt doing that.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I didn't really care for this episode...parts just dragged on. The only part I did like was the part with Daniel and Mitchell when they were trying to get the prior...it was a good scene.

I hate to say it, even though I saw the opening credits a few months ago, finally seeing it as part of the show was a little unsettling. The 3 scenes of Browder before the opening credits just makes me upset. I believe they should have been 3 team shots...not him. It just upsets me that TPTB are making him the star of the show after only 11 episodes where the other actors have been on for 10 years! I'm sorry, I know alot of people like Mitchell and I totally respect everyone of you for it, but me, well, the show just isn't selling to me anymore. I'm hoping when Vala comes back that I will like it again, but I just don't care for this Mitchell character.

I thought AT was great in this show. As for her telling Orlin to give her the information, I didn't see that as her trying to save the planet again, I saw her as trying to save Orlin. I loved the very ending with her and Orlin...that was great.

Scene btwn Lam and Landry. How embarrassing! She was talking about personal childhood memories in public! There were nurses and doctors down there and how do we know he was the only concious person in the beds? It would have been a great scene if she were by his bedside, not up in the observation room.

Garek...well, I have to say I'm glad to see him gone...but not in that way. At least he died making a sacrifice by saving others. It was very touching. But I was tired of his character. Now I'm hoping Brat'ac will take over and leave Teal'c to SG1 and give him other great scenes besides the Jaffa (even though this was CJ's besting acting performance and stole the show from the others). Oh, and Teal'c.....go to another hairdresser...please!

The scene with Mitchell and Daniel. I'm not going for the banter btwn them. Just wasn't the right place and time. Daniel was totally underutilized in this episode. I think the only reason he was there was to further sell the character of Mitchell by showing how well they banter together.

I'm not sure I'm too thrilled with this new Daniel either. He just didn't fit in this episode except when he was speaking to the prior but other than that I don't care for the military Daniel at all. I don't want him to be the naive, pacifist archeologist of old, but at he same time he could still keep some of those qualities we have enjoyed over the years. Daniel has changed too drastically for me. Even the basketball games...when would Daniel of old go play a basketball game? He'd rather unwind in his office going over ancient texts. Again..it's too forced on me. I have to say season 7 Daniel was the most realistic and I wish he'd go back to that.

Also, what was with his bandana and glasses? They both looked odd on him this time. Mitchell needs to lose the backwards hat...sorry, he looks like a kid. It's like TPTB have each character with their own head covering style.

Over all, I just wasn't too thrilled with the episode. I'm hoping for more team episodes in the future. I think I'd like the show more if they changed the opening credits too....I have no problem with BB as the first billing...but the scenes before the opening credits is what's losing me. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
          Are you saying that I post nothing but positive comments.
          No, I didn't say that. It was purely hypothetical.

Originally posted by LORD MONK
          I have no problem with negatie posts. There good for the forum. That's what makes it not boring. It's when the posty goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. Eventualy you would think they have something positive to post, but nope they don't.
          That's great, I also think it's a good thing to have different opinions. However, I sometimes find it really hard to find something positive to post about an episode when all the bad points overshadow the good ones. Likewise, there are episodes that are so good that it feels pointless to come up with anything negative to comment about. I certainly prefer watching the latter, but unfortunately this episode was the former for me.
          "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
          "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
            At least we don't have to worry about Gerak anymore. I'm sick of that Jaffa crap anyway. *snore*
            LMichelle
            Even though Gerak is gone (I guess he's gone for good), the Jaffa story is not gone. Just as Daniel's storyline (archeology, linguist, opening the gate) is an important arc, the Jaffa story has always been and still is a very important arc of SG1 since 'Children of the Gods' in Season 1. Teal'c is apart of SG1 but he is still Jaffa and the Jaffa has a significant relationship with the Tauri--from being feared enemies to allies. It's too bad some in SG1 audience fails to see (or refuses to see) the significance of the Jaffa to SG1 story and instead choose to brush it off as boring crap.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              Sam was supposed to be working with Orlin to cure the virus... not sure why Lam wasnt doing that.
              I think Lam was treating the already-sick.

Comment

{I'm guessing the scene between Landry and Dr. Lam was supposed to be heartwarming, but she came across as harsh. He's lying there, dying, and she sounds like she's fussing at him. Even when she said she understood, her tone of voice was abrupt.}

I think she sounded like that because she was exhausted, scared, frustrated, and angry at circumstances. Also she finally had a clue about why he had been so disconnected for all those years, and could actually relate to it, and now he was dying!! More frustration - HOW DARE HE ABANDON HER AGAIN?! Didn't he remember she wouldn't be able to talk to her mom? Who was she going to share her thoughts with if he died? Just my never very humble opinion. ;-)
                HappyCamper

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                  Just wanted to add that this is the worst episode of the season, for me, in terms of missing Jack. I feel like even RDA's limited presence in this one would have made Fourth Horseman play much better. It would have added weight to the whole disaster on Earth, and I can't help but think that those scenes offworld with the Prior would have played really great with Jack there. Instead I feel like they wrote the scene how they normally would have with Jack and just gave his parts to Mitchell. And, alas, Mitchell does not have the character depth or cynicism to pull off that special Stargate brand of humor.
                  maybe they shouldn't have made jack head of homeworld security if they were going to ignore his position in eps that the plot allowed for. (what a crappy sentence did anyone understand it?)

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Domesticated Equine
                    No, I didn't say that. It was purely hypothetical.

That's great, I also think it's a good thing to have different opinions. However, I sometimes find it really hard to find something positive to post about an episode when all the bad points overshadow the good ones. Likewise, there are episodes that are so good that it feels pointless to come up with anything negative to comment about. I certainly prefer watching the latter, but unfortunately this episode was the former for me.
                    People are bent because they say no one was running the base when Landry was ill. That part you are supposed to just assume that someone is, because after all, you know someone is that is how it works in any military. If they shoed who was running it that would take up valuable minutes that could be used somewhere else. Although I would like to see who it was. I know it wasn't Hammond because he was wearing a suit. I'd like to think it was Chevron guy. My brother thinks it was the head doctor becuase everyone was quarintined. That makes sense to. Maybe TPTB did it on purpose and they are going to keep on doing it because we need something else to talk about after we see a furling.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                      Me, too.

It wouldn't have worked in the set up they had (and what would they do with Teal'c) but wouldn't it have made more sense to have an episode where Sam goes down to deal with the technical stuff, Mitchell rallies the Sodan, and Daniel gives a real Daniel speech to the prior? And, Teal'c? Um. They really need to give CJ enough material so that he doesn't have to be with the Jaffa to have a purpose. His part was great here, but it's sad that I can't think of an alternative where he could have a purpose with the team.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. I'll quickly breakdown my synopsis of it. Remember that this is just my opinion...

Opening sequence, I liked it, I thought it was well done.

The banter between Mitchell/Daniel was funny. I thought that they were trying to prove that they were not scared of any of the Ori threats. I enjoyed the quip about the pie crust.

When they were talking to the Ori (aka smoking man), I felt sorry for him. I don't know why I felt sorry for the enemy, but I did. The facial expressions that he had were making me feel sad for him. I just don't know...

Happy that they didn't have a quick cure all that Sam would had developed. I'm glad that it was Garek that had a change of heart and saved Earth.

I was sadden at the end with Orlin and Sam. Sorry to see him in some type of hospital (mental??). Hopefully, they will not allow him to stay there that long. I was expecting him to be adopted or stay on the base for a while.

Landry didn't get on my nerves last night. I enjoyed watching him, I thought that maybe he is finally getting used to being at the SGC. My husband did make a comment that he doesn't like Beau Bridges as the new general. He agreed with me when I said that he doesn't fit the miltary stereotype. He seems to much like a hippie (sorry..he does), but I did enjoy watching him in last night's episode. I thought that he did a good job.

Lam..I'm sorry, I'm just not getting use to her. I thought the dialogue between her and Landry was just a bit of a stretch. I just didn't feel "it" when she was talking, trying to spill her guts..just didn't get it. Maybe she will improve in the upcoming episodes.

Hammond..I was happy to see him. I wish they had given him more lines. I was hoping for anything more poetic then what he did say. He did look really nice in that suit. I think that I have a small crush on him!!

I did enjoy the interaction that Teal'c had with everyone. I thought he did a very nice job. I'm happy that he got Garek to see that what the Jaffa nation sarcificed shouldn't go to waste. And I like his hair like that, I think that he looks good!

That's all I have for now. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Looking forward to seeing Vala.
                        Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

Originally posted by ping-pong
                          It's too bad some in SG1 audience fails to see (or refuses to see) the significance of the Jaffa to SG1 story and instead choose to brush it off as boring crap.
                          There's absolutely nothing wrong with some of us finding the Jaffa storyline boring. Nobody is going to like Every Single Thing about a show, especially one that's been running this long. If we did, it would make for very boring discussion.

And I don't think anyone said the Jaffa storyline was *insignificant,* only that we found it dull and boring.

Dana Jeanne
                          Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                            Sam was supposed to be working with Orlin to cure the virus... not sure why Lam wasn't doing that.
                            That did really bother me, GateFan. Since when is Sam a Biochemist?
                            Good point, Sela. I enjoyed most of the show, but Lam's speech to her father struck me as rather public. I liked this show. The banter work for me, finally. But the unnecessary inconsistencies show sloppiness on someone's part.

One more thing. I would have liked to see Sam show some emotion over what happened to Orlin. I suppose it would have been easier with the original actor.
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                              There's absolutely nothing wrong with some of us finding the Jaffa storyline boring. Nobody is going to like Every Single Thing about a show, especially one that's been running this long. If we did, it would make for very boring discussion.

And I don't think anyone said the Jaffa storyline was *insignificant,* only that we found it dull and boring.

Dana Jeanne
                              That's unfortunate, Dana. I defend your right to say it, but in my opinion, it was the best part of the show.
                              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                                Orlin stuck as a special needs little boy
                                that was actually my fave part of this ep. it was the *only* part that i felt any emotion for too.

i hope they (earth/humans) don't cure him, but i think it would be neat of his ascended buddies came back 'at the right moment' to cure him so he could kick ori butt.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X