No announcement yet.

The Fourth Horseman, Part 1 (910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In general...a good episode. I really enjoyed it.
    sigpic

Comment

I agree that that it was a good ep. and I can't wait for part 2. Too bad that SPF wasn't available.
      Thank you, sir
      For what?
      For being here for me.
      ...Always.

Comment

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk
        I didn't like the Orlin actor. His dullness was too much even for that character. The kid simply can't act. I typically don't like kids in scifi or any role other than as kids. People think it's cute, it's not. The whole 12 year old hitting on Sam...it wasn't adorable, it was disturbing.

Plus, that kid can't act.
        This has been mentioned WAY too many times before, and it's getting kinda old. Everyone's a critic, but this is just ridiculous.

While I admit that the actor seems to get similar roles all the time, it's been said that Bright based his performance off of SPF's original portrayal, and I think he was cast specifically for his style. Flannery did it MUCH the same way three years ago.

I'm with the fifth man: Putting down the actor is not good at all...

Comment

I haven't seen the kid in anything else. I thought he was matching the style of Flannery's Orlin and did just fine. The original Orlin had a sort of odd delivery and lack of affect, which I interpreted as coming from the fact that he hadn't dealt with humans in hundreds (?) of years. I did like the commissary scene between him and AT.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Excellent point...

Orlin is who-knows-HOW-old...just because he's currently occupying the body of a child does not make him one.

And when he...how did Orlin put it in Ascension? Joined conscious minds with Sam I think...he was in the body of a full grown and really hot man.

I agree with you there! Out of all the possible boyfriends with Sam, He ( adult)was hot! He definatley would have had Jack worried a little.

Poz

Comment

Man, waiting for the resolution of this episode is going to kill me all winter long. Guess it will be time to bust out all the DVDs of seasons 1-8 (8 when I get it),and tapes from this season.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

But, if Orlin was played by SPF he wouldn't have had the brain damage thing would he? I think that is an unusual but cool subplot for T4H. If Orlin came back in adult form would he still have had the brain damage?

Comment

so...we're not getting anymore eps till' Januari? why? how the heck does their tv-show system work over there? the show has been running for like 3 months tops and they stop already for another summer brake thingy? what's up with that?

anywayz...kick-ass episode, I can't wait to see the conclusion, prototype finally added something new and exiting and this ep continued very well upon that.

Comment

SciFi always has two breaks. In order to avoid competition with the major network premieres, SG1 and SGA start in the summer and then take a hiatus in the fall.
                    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                      SciFi always has two breaks. In order to avoid competition with the major network premieres, SG1 and SGA start in the summer and then take a hiatus in the fall.
                      And then the long, cold, lonely winter sets in. January, please hurry!
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by tearsintherain
                        does anyone else think the ancients are somewhat afraid of the Ori? The whole thing frankly doesn't make much sense to me. The Ori and Ancients were one race. Schism develops, ori tries to kill everyone who doesn't believe, ancients split. The split had to occur pre-ascenscion, since the Ori later sent a plague to milky way to try and kill all ancients in physical form.

Both the ancients and Ori know that having mortal beings "worship" you grants you even more power (?this makes no sense so far, arent ascended beings almost omnipotent?). For some bizarre reason the ancients seed life on their galaxy, hide its presence from the Ori, but pretty much distance themselves from this life. Why? Ok, they are benovelent and want to see their "children" mature and learn on their own.

Now the Ori basically enslave their own galaxy, feeding on the power of belief to ?do what? throw crazy energy parties? the most logical thing would be find the ancients and kill em all. but they dont. Not enough worshippers? If they are ascended they are equal to ancients in power. However having worshippers must give them sort of edge.

The motivations and actions of both the Ori and Ancients basically make no sense. What does having a ton of worshippers provide? Why don't the ancients want it? Why don't the Ori do something with that extra power? Or do they need even more believers to initiate their actions? And how is having a bunch of people "believe" in you help in any way? Are quantum belief waves eminating from my body or something? If I fake a Ori prayer does that help or hurt?
                        The way I see it, the Ori has the worshippers, and the worshippers give them power. Since they don't want to share the power, they make sure no one ascend.

The Alterrans don't want worshippers, but there are those out there whose basically going around ascending people. So in the end, the Ori methodology gets them more power, but few in number, while the Alterren has number on their side, even though they do not have the extra power from the worshippers. So it evens out in the end.

The two factions are probably in a cold war. If they fought directly who knows what might happen. Maybe both galaxies would blow up or something. So they fight through their proxy. Ori wit the prior, and Alterran send their rogues to help.

Comment

Best episode of this season since "Avalon" and "Origin". Really liked the story and acting and liked the cameo by Don S. Davis. My only complaint is the 12 year old Orlin. It doesn't seem to work to me. if they couldn't get the acotr who played Orlin originaly, why not send another Ancient?

timdalton007

Comment

Because, frankly, it wouldn't have been nearly as interesting.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Geez, I feel sorry for poor little Cameron Bright, people are just getting at him. The only reason I bothered to even watch the Fourth Horsemen was because Cameron was playing Orlin. So maybe he didn't do all that well, heck like every young actor is, he's still learning his craft, for god's sakes he's only 12 years old, let him breath for once. Besides I thought he did fairly well and anyways he isn't playing adult Orlin, he's playing YOUNG Orlin, and kids are like that when they're around older adults, especially if they have a crush on someone AND especially if they are geniuses. And he was also playing a very much liked character with a Star-Studed and amazing cast so you can't blame him for being a little nervous and stiff.

Did anyone notice that Landry was talking on the phone saying, “Have him contact me as soon as he lands.” Could that be a foreshadowing that someone is coming back to help? An old friend perhaps?

There are 3 possibilities as to who this person is:
                              1. It could be Woosley but he seems to be the most unlikely one because he already appeared in ‘Prototype’ and the actor had no mention that he was doing another guest star.

2. There is always that wee-bit chance that Jack is coming back to help, after all he worked with SG-1 for 8 years, you can’t say that he’s just going to sit on his butt while SG-1 is off in some great danger, and not to mention that Jack has the habit of attracting trouble and besides he’s not going to ignore this big huge plague and not help, that’s just impossible. SG-1 is like a family to him so there’s always a chance that he just couldn’t help it and come to SG-1’s aid (Personally I hope so!!) And I think the team will feel more comfortable and ready with Jack by their side, and I’m not saying that Mitchell is bad, heck I love the guy, but this is a new beginning for the team and Mitchell is just catching on to the game and it will take a while before the team can feel totally right with him. But with Jack right out there on the field with them, there’s not a single Prior that can dent their determination or trust, and no matter what happens they know that Jack will not, not ever let them down, there’s that “I trust you with my life no matter what” thing going on with the old SG-1 team and they’re so comfortable with each other that they’ll not worry that they won’t be able to find a cure, they just know that everything will be all right, I mean they went through hell and back (Literally!!!) and that kind of experience will bind people together forever with unwavering trust!!!

3. My last one and possibly that most likely one is Hammond, since he’s already in the 1st part, there is a more likely chance that he will be in the second part. But there are some big chances that it won’t be Hammond because Landry said “As soon as he lands” and that scene when he’s speaking to the soldiers looked like that he’s already in Colorado so he wouldn’t need to fly on a plane, unless when they rushed him into the car, they took him somewhere else far away. Also there’s a less likely chance that Hammond could actually do anything to help on the field or just supplying knowledge unless they want him to help to give orders. With Jack, he can do both field and knowledge, seeing as how the Asgards love and worships him and that he’s the first human to be able to use the Ancient Knowledge and the chair in the outpost.

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow
                                Did anyone notice that Landry was talking on the phone saying, “Have him contact me as soon as he lands.” Could that be a foreshadowing that someone is coming back to help? An old friend perhaps?

There are 3 possibilities as to who this person is:
                                1. It could be Woosley but he seems to be the most unlikely one because he already appeared in ‘Prototype’ and the actor had no mention that he was doing another guest star.

2. There is always that wee-bit chance that Jack is coming back to help, after all he worked with SG-1 for 8 years, you can’t say that he’s just going to sit on his butt while SG-1 is off in some great danger, and not to mention that Jack has the habit of attracting trouble and besides he’s not going to ignore this big huge plague and not help, that’s just impossible. SG-1 is like a family to him so there’s always a chance that he just couldn’t help it and come to SG-1’s aid (Personally I hope so!!) And I think the team will feel more comfortable and ready with Jack by their side, and I’m not saying that Mitchell is bad, heck I love the guy, but this is a new beginning for the team and Mitchell is just catching on to the game and it will take a while before the team can feel totally right with him. But with Jack right out there on the field with them, there’s not a single Prior that can dent their determination or trust, and no matter what happens they know that Jack will not, not ever let them down, there’s that “I trust you with my life no matter what” thing going on with the old SG-1 team and they’re so comfortable with each other that they’ll not worry that they won’t be able to find a cure, they just know that everything will be all right, I mean they went through hell and back (Literally!!!) and that kind of experience will bind people together forever with unwavering trust!!!

3. My last one and possibly that most likely one is Hammond, since he’s already in the 1st part, there is a more likely chance that he will be in the second part. But there are some big chances that it won’t be Hammond because Landry said “As soon as he lands” and that scene when he’s speaking to the soldiers looked like that he’s already in Colorado so he wouldn’t need to fly on a plane, unless when they rushed him into the car, they took him somewhere else far away. Also there’s a less likely chance that Hammond could actually do anything to help on the field or just supplying knowledge unless they want him to help to give orders. With Jack, he can do both field and knowledge, seeing as how the Asgards love and worships him and that he’s the first human to be able to use the Ancient Knowledge and the chair in the outpost.
                                There is a fourth possiblity. It could be the President of the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X