The Fourth Horseman, Part 1 (910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by japhmi
    Another thought I'd been having - what if the Ancients were the ones who made the Goa'uld as bad as they are. Maybe a rouge Ori who had infiltrated the departing Ancients and tried to give them the Ori religion via their genetic memories - but messed up so that they thought that they were Gods.
    Mmm, no offense, but that doesn't sound right.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
      OMFG This episode Rocks. Not only did we get to see hammond again aswell as Bratac but we got Dr Lee listening to heavy metal (aptly named Dark Prior)
      Actually, it was named "Dark Pariah".
      sigpic
      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        Good episode, though I thought the implication by Landry that Sam and Orlin had anything but a friendship & glowy mental/spiritual relationship was way off.
        didn't like that either (understatement). it's like they rewrote ascension. argh.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Just a quick question.
          When exactly is part 2 coming out.
          Januray......(enter date)
          Thanks.
          In the middle of my backswing!!!

Comment

Another great episode! For me, anyway.

Some of my favorite stuff:

Mitchell and Daniel playing basketball together. I know we saw them all playing BBall with Vala, but this makes it seem like they truly are bonding. I loved how they both smelled themselves when trying to identify the odor!

Landry at briefing: “I’m not exactly sure what an aneurism feels like, but I suspect I’m pretty close.”
            Mitchell: “Boy, I’m glad I’m not the only one.”
            I like that Mitchell tried to read Sam’s novel about the Anti-Prior Gun. Jack wouldn’t even had tried. [No problem, just different styles, and I like that.]
            And then at the end:
            Sam: “He didn’t look too impressed.”
            Mitchell: “Oh, trust me, Anti-Prior Gun would have gone down better.”

Still loving the female Jaffa on the council that always calls for recess. Someone on another forum suggested that she might have a bladder problem. LOL.

Sam, referring to equipment Orlin has to find a cure to the plague [and after previously reminding him that he built a stargate in her basement out of a toaster: “This is the best we have. I can get you a toaster if you need it.”
            Orlin: “Not unless you’re hungry for toast.”
            Sam: “Waffle iron?”

The part with Orlin repeating things to Sam during lunch was sad. I don’t know if the final result will be that he’ll die or just be brain dead. Or that he’ll retain enough brain cells to be a normal human. Any ideas?

When Mitchell and Daniel go to find the Sodan:
            Mitchell: “We’ll be fine.”
            They are taken prisoners.
            Daniel: “Are we still fine?”
            Mitchell: Yeah, we’re fine.”
            Daniel: “Good. Just checking.”
            …and Mitchell’s little finger waves to the Sodans that are holding them.

Comment

One thing struck me... When Gerack waltzes in at the end of the ep, he has an Ori staff... Did the Prior have one spare staff with him?
              Do you think the Big Guy at Celestis knows what the Ori are offering is bogus?
              "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

There were things I liked about this ep and things I didn't, but I've seen two gripes on this thread that I want to throw my two cents into.

A) The sponge-bath comment & Mitchell's reaction.
                Landry & Lam's relationship was being re-stated, possibly for people who only tuned back in after Vala left and were trying to understand the dynamic between the two. Besides, Lexa Doig is a very attractive woman, and on a military base it's not unrealistic to believe that someone would notice that and make the expected rude comments.
                As for Mitchell's reaction? I'm pretty sure (please don't quote me on this, as I'm not sure where I read it) that Mitchell and Lam were supposed to be written as having had a relationship previous to this season. But it's over now, and they're just good friends. And even if the whole ex-relationship thing was just a rumour, Mitchell's remark still doesn't have to be taken as a ship kinda thing. After all, if someone said that about Sam, Daniel would tell them to shut it. If someone said that about me, my guy friends would take up for me (or at least I think they would). It's a sign of friendship and good manners. If you're not a ship fan, don't worry about it; it's not neccessarily a precursor to ship.

B)Cameron Bright's acting.
                I think the kid did a rather decent job, actually. Orlin is a dry kind of character, not used to showing human emotion, and he portrayed that. He didn't do that bad a job, in my opinion.
                They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                Spoiler:
                Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Den Sethos
                  One thing struck me... When Gerack waltzes in at the end of the ep, he has an Ori staff... Did the Prior have one spare staff with him?
                  Do you think the Big Guy at Celestis knows what the Ori are offering is bogus?
                  No cos Daniel says 'If the Priors are being controlled than the Doci must be also' He looks like hes constantly being used as a prior with probably one or more ORri in him and no idea of what the hell is going on.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I had forgotten that sentence... Do we know if the Prior are actually possessed by Oris? They might simply be genetically changed and their memories updated when they go through the Ori fire... After all, the Priors are merely servants. I hardly see one of those power-hungry aliens being in the body of a mere servant... It wouldn't be good for their ego...
                    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

Haven't read others' posts yet here, but wanted to post what I typed after watching this epi once:

- Well, I knew Hammond and Bra'tac were going to be in this epi, and that Gerak was going to become a Prior, due to online spoilers. So no surprise there... It was great to see ol'Hammond and Bra'tac.

- Cameron and Daniel all sweat from playing basketball. Yeah! <some drooling here>

- I really liked everybody, including Gerak (first time!). Gerak was the only new character I didn't care much about until now. I think the scenes where we can see his doubts were great. Poor guy now got "priored". Oy!

- Ah,the scenes with Dr. Lee were great. I'm glad we're seeing more of him this season.

- Anti Prior gun? The good guys have to start having some advantage at some point. Yes!

- Nice to see Orlin back, but I would've preferred the original actor. I know Sean Patrick F. wasn't available and so the writers had to change the part. It would've been cooler with the original Orlin, but well, not much can be done about actors schedules...

- A blood sample from a certain Prior? Oy! Can't see the guy volunteering...
                      Last edited by lily; 31 May 2006, 08:27 AM.

Comment

perhaps theyll use a magic bullet to ensnare the prior. And take him back to base and strap him to a bed like they did to Apophis.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I didn't like the Orlin actor. His dullness was too much even for that character. The kid simply can't act. I typically don't like kids in scifi or any role other than as kids. People think it's cute, it's not. The whole 12 year old hitting on Sam...it wasn't adorable, it was disturbing.

Plus, that kid can't act.

Comment

How about not insulting the actor himself. It's just not right, in my opinion. I didn't think he did too bad of a job, considering some of the stuff that had to come out of his mouth.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk
                              I didn't like the Orlin actor. His dullness was too much even for that character. The kid simply can't act. I typically don't like kids in scifi or any role other than as kids. People think it's cute, it's not. The whole 12 year old hitting on Sam...it wasn't adorable, it was disturbing.

Plus, that kid can't act.
                              But a twelve year old wasn't hitting on Sam. Orlin, when he took human form as a man, had a relationship with Sam. He then re-ascended and has now come back in the form of a boy. He's still the same person he always was, he just *looks* different.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali888
                                But a twelve year old wasn't hitting on Sam. Orlin, when he took human form as a man, had a relationship with Sam. He then re-ascended and has now come back in the form of a boy. He's still the same person he always was, he just *looks* different.
                                Excellent point...

Orlin is who-knows-HOW-old...just because he's currently occupying the body of a child does not make him one.

And when he...how did Orlin put it in Ascension? Joined conscious minds with Sam I think...he was in the body of a full grown and really hot man.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X