No announcement yet.

Prototype (909)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but i checked the GateWorld entry for Prototype and it's spoilers include an interesting bit ; that Khalek's purpose was to ascend and, with an army of those like him, take on the other Ascended !

This seems like a huge revelation and makes a whole lot of sense, but i can't recall it ever been mentioned in the episode itself.

Come to think of it, GW's reports about Jack in HomeWorld Security haven't been confirmed on the show itself (which has been strangely silent as to exactly what has happened to Jack).

Comment

Yes, we've already talked about it, no, they didn't say it in the ep itself.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Just wanted to chime in with the general excitement for this episode. I love the team working together.

Some favorite parts:

"HEY, NEW GUY!" was great. That and the resultant little 'argument' really made Mitchell and Daniel seem like brothers. It was great.

Daniel: "I thought it was always our fault."

Mitchell: "Intersteller call forwarding..."

Sam: "...A normal human brain, you or I, say, should show roughly 5 to 10% coverage."
        Mitchell: "Me being 5, you being 10.
        --and then Sam's indulgent smile - gorgeous.

Sam: "The Ascendometer says..."
        Teal'c: "Ascendometer?"
        Sam: "Mitchell. Wish I'd thought of it."
        ---The name is kind of cute, but the best part was the reactions. I can't remember if Teal'c rolled his eyes or just looked like he wanted to and Sam was a bit sheepish in wishing she had thought of it. Too cute on both of their parts.

And, of course, the whole scene where Mitchell's bullets are stopped, but the diversion allows Daniel's bullet to get to Khalek undetected, and unstopped. And then they just keep shooting him. Nicely done.

Comment

Just before Daniel said; "Hey, new guy". Did anyone notice that he steps in the DNA machine? That might have some follow up. Would that have change daniel's DNA?

Comment

First off, this was my fave ep of the season, I really enjoyed it. It had all the things I like to see in a show... but, I will spare you my ramblings and just say that I basically agree with what everyone else who liked the ep has said...

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
            Otherwise, Mitchell fit right in with the team this episode, kicking ass at the end, shooting Khalek (I lost count of how many times), and acting a tad bit more than a leader.

I was trying to keep count (I HATE those perpetual magazines that guns on TV seem to have, with what appears to be an unlimited supply of bullets) and it was either 30 or 32 times. Which means that, if this were real life, they would have put fresh 15-round magazines into their pistols just before each entered the Gate room (did NO ONE have a spare P-90?!?! gimme a break!!! - but, that is really my only beef, so I will go back to my happy place again... ). The 32 would have come from having a round in the chamber when they put in a fresh magazine... but I am almost positive it was just 30 shots.

I don't WANNA wait till January for new eps!!!

Comment

Most dissappointing moment;

(Carter walks up right at the beginning, talking to Landry)
              "We've just received word from the Tokkra [...]"

(Landry replies)
              "Good Morning too you too."

...ouch. The first word from the Tokkra since the fall of the Gould and you're just sipping your coffee and not getting down to buisness. Even though I'm nitpicking about this though, I'll admit that it was one of Landry's best episodes and one of the best overall for season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                Most dissappointing moment;

(Carter walks up right at the beginning, talking to Landry)
                "We've just received word from the Tokkra [...]"

(Landry replies)
                "Good Morning too you too."

...ouch. The first word from the Tokkra since the fall of the Gould and you're just sipping your coffee and not getting down to buisness. Even though I'm nitpicking about this though, I'll admit that it was one of Landry's best episodes and one of the best overall for season 9.
                I didn't like that either, but maybe it's because I get the same thing sometimes at my job. I can't remember, or maybe I just don't care, who I said good morning to and if I go up to someone and I haven't said it in the 3 hours I've already been there, get over it, I've got work to do. Sure, pleasantries are nice, but if the person is addressing you about work, at work, it's even ruder to interrupt and basically call them on what you think their manners should have been. Makes me want to respond, "Oh, sorry, I thought you were ready to work. Let me know when you're finished with trivialities."

Comment

Just seen the episode and all have to say is BRAVO!!! This is what I've been missing in Stargate for a while, even though the rest of the season has been good (except "Babylon", what a load of manure!!!).......a really sinister villain, crunchy goodness on how to ascend, and even the odd comedy quip!! Well done TPTB this was an excellent ep.

Even so.......niggles still pop up in my brain.......namely the "gate forwarding" business. Surely this wouldn't work? We know from "48 Hours" that establishing a new wormhole wipes the gate's memory buffers (hence the whole point of the episode) so how come this gate doesn't follow known gate operations? And "Anubis tinkered with it" won't cut it for me

Anyway, now I've picked that nit, I just want to say again GREAT EPISODE......keep it up TPTB.

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalAscended
                    Even so.......niggles still pop up in my brain.......namely the "gate forwarding" business. Surely this wouldn't work? We know from "48 Hours" that establishing a new wormhole wipes the gate's memory buffers (hence the whole point of the episode) so how come this gate doesn't follow known gate operations? And "Anubis tinkered with it" won't cut it for me

Anyway, now I've picked that nit, I just want to say again GREAT EPISODE......keep it up TPTB.
                    "48 hours" established that the whoosh of an establishing wormhole would erase the buffer. However, we have seen all the way back in Season 1's "Enigma" that it is possible to establish a wormhole without the whoosh. Carter gave McKay this explanation as a basis for her hope that Teal'c could be recovered.

Comment

Okay, I haven't read many of the other reactions to this ep because I don't want to ruin the pure fan-girlish glee I'm feeling right now.

I loved Daniel in this ep. I adored Daniel in this ep. He kicks butt in so many ways. He's always been my favorite SG-1 character, and I thought it was impossible for me to love him any more but I do right now, and it's because of this ep, with the way he was written and the way Shanks played him.
                      First, you have Daniel being ready to pull the plug on Khalek right off the bat, which is great because it's so anti-Daniel. The fact that it's the first thing he suggests, and that he's the one that suggests it shows both how dangerous the situation is and how much he's changed. It's also the most compelling reason to kill Khalek, in my opinion. I mean, Daniel's been pretty much the hippie of the SGC since the beginning, having him be the one to say, "look, maybe we oughta just kill the guy, or at least pop him back in the freezer" brings home the danger, even if, or perhaps especially if, you take into account his personal history with Anubis (Abydos, anyone?).

Then there's the "hey, new guy" which I'm sure has been mentioned a thousand times already. It was a very nice move by the writers, though. Props for that.

Daniel's bored expression during Khalek's *ahem* enthusiastic rhapsody about killing (seriously, did the tone of his voice give anyone else dirty thoughts?). I was expecting Daniel to do a "can you get on with it, already?" or something like that. He's just so not swayed, and it rocks.

And then there was the general bad-a**itude of killing Khalek. I loved the way the camera panned from Mitchell to Daniel, and Danny's complete non-expression was awesome. And maybe it's because I just have a thing for men with guns advancing on their targets (Sheppard shooting Bob is my all-time favorite action scene from Atlantis), but Mitchell and Daniel shooting the bejeezus out of Khalek was just a really great scene. "We shall shoot you, and then shoot you some more, because there's no way in hell you're getting out of this alive." Loved it.

The scene with Daniel and Woolsey.
                      Woolsey: "It almost sounds like you might forgive me."
                      Daniel: "No."
                      OMG Yes!!! Character moment, right there! Daniel circa seasons 1-5, maybe even 1-7, would have forgiven Woolsey for that. Not the Daniel of season 9, who has lost too much and is standing at the forefront of a battle he's not sure he can win. He can't afford to be Mr. Nice Guy anymore, there's not time for people to screw up. Especially when it was so blatantly obvious (see my hippie mention in the third paragraph) that Daniel was right.

Okay, great moments not relating to Daniel.

Khalek's "or can I call you Dick?" He was definitely taking some slang and emotions towards Woolsey when he was reading people's minds. My initial reaction was, c'mon, how does mutant-boy know the slang. Fast on the heels of that was, but it's funny.

Mitchell's "me being 5, you being 10" to Sam, and her smile. Yay for that. We saw that Mitchell and Sam do have a friendship, and that Mitchell does recognize that Sam kicks his butt with her brainwaves.

Ascend-o-meter. Yes.

And back to Daniel. The "what's-going-on" snark at the beginning of the episode. It feels like he's beginning to take on a bit of Jack's role in this respect, only without playing dumb about it. He's reminding Sam (and Walter), okay, let the rest of us in on the secret. It shows how Jack has rubbed off on him.

And now to read everyone else's posts, and possibly respond.
                      laters!
                      Last edited by starfox; 21 September 2005, 04:15 PM.
                      They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                      Spoiler:
                      Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

This episode was alot better than I thought it would be since seeing season 8s lockdown I was getting worried we would have to go through that again. The Storyline played through and was great especially when Kalek was calling Woolsey Dick all the time. That was hilarious.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                          Tho I do wonder what other System Lords survived. Morrigan? Amaterasu?
                          Wasn't Amaterasu among the System Lords that RepliCarter killed?
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                            Wasn't Amaterasu among the System Lords that RepliCarter killed?

Yeah I think so, I also think Ba'al is the only system lord left. Or the only one we know about.

Comment

Tetsuuuooooo!!!

Comment

Kanedaaaaaaa!

Comment

Working...
                                X