X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll join in on your happy dance!

Especially since
    Spoiler:
    Orlin is back?! They actually brought back a one-shot character from forever ago?!?!
    ...oops, that part should be in the FOurth Horseman thread, sorry!

Wow all around so far.

And I loved hearing Mitchell say, "SG-1 LEADER to..."
    Last edited by unowhoandwhy; 16 September 2005, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Great episode, and agree with the all around good acting. Nice to see some death/ reality in the show again.

Watching the 9 pm episode now, and though it's not bad, Damian Kindler just isn't a very good writer IMHO.
      Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
      Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Even though I knew it was coming, (Spoiler: ) I was amazed that Daniel was the one to kill Khalek. WOW. I saw that shot and the camera focused on Daniel, and I went, "Oh My God" because even tho I was expecting it, it was still a shock! Guess he proved Khalek right, huh?

VERY, VERY GOOD SG-1 Ep. Man, it's starting to really feel like the older, and some of the best, seasons!!!!

Comment

WOW! WOW! WOW! Prototype is the best ep so far this season. What a powerful show. TFH is starting off good as well, but man this was just great. Gotta love Alan McCullough. Can't wait for more of his eps in the second half.
          Last edited by Dani76; 16 September 2005, 06:16 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
            I was upset that Khalek was killed. That was incredible acting.
            Errr... acting like a Goa'uld involves what, going bad guy a la William Shatner? I've never seen any Goa'uld portrayal that required anything other than over the top BAD acting.

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
            Possible great long term foe (tho we do have our hands full).
            Don't give the writers any further encouragment. We need them to just say no to rehashed enemies. I'm not opposed to the idea of a Mattathias2.0, but Anubis version 24.2 is out!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
              Don't give the writers any further encouragment. We need them to just say no to rehashed enemies. I'm not opposed to the idea of a Mattathias2.0, but Anubis version 24.2 is out!
              I'd rather a nuanced performance from a rehash than an overtly "stargate" acting job from a new baddie (aka that british ori). Just sayin. not bad mouthin the gate y'all.
              Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
              Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

I'm glad they packaged the episodes together because on its own Prototype is somewhat anticlimactic. It does give some excellent info on the Ancients though and cleared up quite a few things.
                The one thing it does prove is what I've always believed: Always listen to Daniel. It will save you much headache.

Khalek was kind of hot. Love his accent.

For the first time I begin to understand why everyone thinks Daniel's a little harsh this season but I still feel it's justified, especially after this episode. We finally have a guy who knows how to learn from past mistakes. Woolsey obviously isn't one of those.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                  OMG YES!! I thought the same thing!!
                  Oh brother, I'm getting off-topic.

Did anyone else think he kinda resembled the main guy in The Dead Zone?

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                    I'm glad they packaged the episodes together because on its own Prototype is somewhat anticlimactic. It does give some excellent info on the Ancients though and cleared up quite a few things.
                    The one thing it does prove is what I've always believed: Always listen to Daniel. It will save you much headache.

For the first time I begin to understand why everyone thinks Daniel's a little harsh this season but I still feel it's justified, especially after this episode. We finally have a guy who knows how to learn from past mistakes. Woolsey obviously isn't one of those.
                    Prototype was anti climatic or four Hourseman I?
                    I guess we learned about anceints in both eps.

Not to steal your quote but "the one thing it does prove is what I've always believed:" Dont randomly push buttons.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Well, Prototype was, for me, boring. The little guy seemed too sinister for his own good. While it's always fun seeing a telekenetic person, it just wasn't as cool as it could have been. I keep getting the feeling that there's a whole new writing staff who needs to watch S1-7 of SG or at the very least, re-watch it.

A few nitpicks:

Why's Mitch gotta wear a hat? Jack's the hat wearer! You're only digging your own grave, buster!!

I'm getting a tad sick of Teal'c and his arms. I mean, yay for skin but...really, does he believe in shirts anymore? And I don't mean those stripper shirts.

It seemed awful quick for Daniel to realize the dude was a genetic clone. I'd have prefered it if Khalik had given himself away. Show me, don't tell me!!

How did Carter know - or guess so quickly - that he heard them. Do genetic clones have a tendancy of aquiring super-ears? What's her secret? Did JM give something away when he said in his fake spoilers she's a secret empath? Hmmm?

And WHY would Khalik use his oh-so-cool-and-not-the-least-bit-matrix-ey powers of telekenetics to use the keyboard to dial up the gate? The Asgard didn't. Linea didn't as far as I know... The Ancients certainly don't have to...whats up?

An interesting bit of trivia, in the arabic language, the name Khalik, alternatley spelled Khaliq is a word and a name of God meaning Creator or Creation. I'm guessing TPTB did their research.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I thought 4H was a bit anti climatic after Prototype, but Proto was intense.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          Prototype was anti climatic or four Hourseman I?
                          I guess we learned about anceints in both eps.

Not to steal your quote but "the one thing it does prove is what I've always believed:" Dont randomly push buttons.
                          That was my second thought. "New guy" indeed. Even Oneill wouldn't have done anything that stupid. Haven't they developed off world rules by now with all they've experienced?

rule #1. Don't touch wierd technology you don't understand.

Was lam wearing a suit and if not, why isn't she infected? Wasn't she one of the first people to examine the off world teams?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                            Snip
                            Why's Mitch gotta wear a hat? Jack's the hat wearer! You're only digging your own grave, buster!!
                            All Air Force personal are required to wear "cover" while out of doors so that is for realism, which Im all for. Funny they still wore black in the forest, but Walters wearing green in the SGC . But I guess they did want to be seen
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Man, that was an awesome episode. It blew my expectations totally out of the water. And how about that Khalek, huh? I thought the actor who played him did an excellent job. Tptb definitely did not let down in this one. This and "The Fourth Horseman Part 1" really reinforced my faith in the direction of this season.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                                Yes that was indeed a great SG-1 ep. It has given me some hope again. I laughed I had chills, I cheered..
                                Spoiler:
                                shoot him some more!!!!
                                Yeah, the amount of bullets was awesomely unnecesary. I emphasise the awesome part.

It's nice to have some good action sequences in SG-1 again. Right now BSG totally dominates in that field, but SG-1 has had some scenes where Teal'c just like unleashes on some people.
                                'GO TELL YOUR KINSMAN THAT TEAL'C HAS RETURNED TO CHULAK!'
                                why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

Working...
                                X