No announcement yet.

Prototype (909)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it would have been better if the Prototype/Anubis got away. Or even shed his Anubis-ness and help fight the Ori. Maybe there are other Prototypes in stasis somewhere and they will be awaken or something. What are everyone elses thoughts.
    Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

Well... Kalek had Anubis' memories, feelings and inclinations... I do not see Anubis stepping from his throne and giving Daniel a hug because he convinced him not to destroy Abydos... Totally out of character... In fact, Kalek is not exactly Anubis' son... He is Anubis. And Mister Half-Goa'uld-Half-Ancient-Twice-the-Trouble would not have been flailed from his megalomaniacal dreams...

But I would have liked to see him hack his way through Ori's ranks...
      "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

I haven't read the posts in this thread yet, so I won't be making any comments on them.

This is what I typed after watching the episode once:

- I loved the "New guy" scene. LOL

- For a moment I thought that Khalek really believed what he was saying and that he had no idea he was a genetic hybrid. That scene were he suddenly changed and shown his true self was very powerful. Well, not only that scene. His acting was great through out the episode.

- All the characters were great in this epi. Not only SG-1, but also others as well, like Landry, Lam and Woolsey.

- Daniel understood the risks Khalek implied better than anybody else. All the past experiences starting with the first trip through the gate make what he is now, and I don't think it would be credible if he still was the naive guy from the beginning. He lived through a lot since then and know what the bad guys are capable of, so he understood the threat. On the other hand, Woolsey is a burocrat who's only seen danger in reports, only words. As we saw in season 7, he tries to do what he believes it's correct. But since he was never in any real dangerous situation, he was still naive, he believed once proper precautions had been taken, it was everything under control. And he realized his mistake the hard way. I liked the final scene a lot.

- I loved the background music, especially when they were all trying to catch Khalek before he reached the gateroom.

- And all those people hitting walls... including Cameron... We got a bit of whumping, yeah I thought it was especially cool the scene were Teal'c flew back, getting smacked. It looked cool.

- Khalek calling Woolsey Dick. LOL

- "Ascendometer"? LOL

- I really thought Khalek was going to escape (and get back to do bad things in the future... well, it's sci fi, so who knows). Nice touch about Sam rigging the call forwarding device. I guess I should've seen it coming, but I didn't. LOL

In short, an excellent episode. IMHO.

Comment

An amazing episode. The character interaction was fanstastic, particularly between Daniel and Woolsey.

The new guy crack was hilarious, and the villain was wonderful.

I was almost sorry he lost. I wanted to see more of him.
          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Definitely hope more eps this season are as intense as this one was. If so, there should be a lot of smiling faces on GateWorld. Of course, I'm already smiling. And highly doubt I will stop.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              Definitely hope more eps this season are as intense as this one was. If so, there should be a lot of smiling faces on GateWorld. Of course, I'm already smiling. And highly doubt I will stop.
              Careful. If you smile too much, people will think you are on that Wraith enzyme from Atlantis.

Prototype showed me that the already good Season 9 will only get better.
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Very nice episode. My one thought, flickering through my mind half the episode, worth sharing:

He MUST be Anubis's clone - he's got the same grossly exaggerated melodramatic taunting disorder!
                That will be all, Citizen. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice daycycle.

Comment

Gah! I don`t have time to read the whole thread now, but have to say I agree with a lot of things and disagree with others.

First being I did NOT like the whole "New Guy!" thing and that Cam would be stupid enough to push the button. I can guess why the writer put it in there but I wish they`d thought of a better/more plausible scenario for using that line. And I don`t think Jack would have pushed it either.

Also, and so far no one else has brought this up that I know of, umm, why did it only take pushing one button to release the guy? There was a whole panel of buttons, everything else always has a sequence you have to push, often with much drama and suspense if finding the right sequence is a matter of life or death, so it shouldn`t have opened so easily.

Loved pretty much everything else about the ep. Gotta read the rest later.
                  Fargater (n.) A Farscape fan who got curious about Stargate SG-1 on learning BB and CB would be joining, belatedly discovered the greatness of Stargate SG-1 in reruns, and who is now a happy fan of both shows.

Comment

Okay, I'm waaay late to the party. I'm so late, they've already started planning an anniversary party for the party. But, long story, I haven't been able to see the episodes until recently.

Anyway, I just want to address the issue of Daniel advocating killing Khalek. I didn't find it out of character at all. At most, it was only surprising that he was the first one to make the suggestion. Okay, first of all, as far as I know, Daniel has never had any mercy or sympathy for the Gou'ald. Not even in the first season, at his most "naive" Bloodlines, Daniel, in full charge of all his faculties and without any alien influence, calmly shot a tank full of infant Gou'ald. Anubis was Daniel's primary nemesis, after Apophis. Khalek was Anubis. The only way Daniel would have argied against killing him was if there was a host to protect. Or, he'd argue for killing the symbiote (even in the first season) and saving the host. But, there was no host. Khalek was Anubis through and through.

Now, like I said, it was surprising that he was the first one to suggest that, hey, wouldn't it be better to kill the guy. Or, not surprising, just something that makes you take notice. This, to me, doesn't mean Daniel is any different than the natural evolution of 8 years would bring, but that it means just how much of an enemy he considers Anubis. Again, I think it was a mistake never to mention Abydos again, because it would drive home why Daniel spoke up first, instead of merely agreeing with one of the others that Khalek should be killed. I also think there should have been more of a reaction from Teal'c and Sam, since they've known Daniel the longest. They're facial expressions were mainly, "hmm, he makes a good point." I think there should have been surprise to hear the words come out of his mouth. Mostly, because he's the first one to suggest it. It would also have made his saying that he didn't make the suggestion likely make more sense. To me, that would have fit better as a response to some protest or some indication that something was out of the ordinary.

I do think that besides the fact that I think it makes perfect sense for him to do what he did (aside from Abydos, there was Anubis trying to destroy everything at the end of season 8) I also think they showed it wasn't Daniel just becoming hardcore. Because it bothered Daniel to take the position that he did. His expression when Landry said, "I hear you, Dr. Jackson," said a lot to me. And, then at the end of the episode, he told Woolsey that he wished he hadn't been right that killing Khalek was the right option. If there had been another choice, I think Daniel would gladly have taken it. But, there was none. And, I think seeing what Daniel has personally been through with Anubis, it would be completely out of character for Daniel not to realize this.

Just my incredibly late two cents.
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I just got to see this show and it was FANTASTIC!! When I watched it a second time I notice that Carter once again took the credit of the Stargate dailing back on itself, AND IT WAS DANIELS IDEA!!! I can't stand that.

Comment

Top notch episode! This is one of the most suspenseful episodes I've seen in a while. The plot is wel thought thought and gives plenty of room for character expansion and plot development. Let's no forget Neil Jackson who plays Khalek! Too bad they killed him off! He would have made a great enemy in the long run!

timdalton007

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007
                          Top notch episode! This is one of the most suspenseful episodes I've seen in a while. The plot is wel thought thought and gives plenty of room for character expansion and plot development. Let's no forget Neil Jackson who plays Khalek! Too bad they killed him off! He would have made a great enemy in the long run!

timdalton007
                          Well he’s a clone.... so was he killed off? Maybe Anubis diversified his ascension.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This ep is one of the best. I've watched it over maybe half a dozen times, and it's still as good as the first..

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

I totally agree with you, it is by far the best of Season 9.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                                I totally agree with you, it is by far the best of Season 9.
                                If there are more eps of this quality this season and next, we may have SG-1 around for a very long time. Which is a very good thing.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X