No announcement yet.

Babylon (908)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this episode,very very watchable atleasta dozen times hehe.
    I have re-watched it quite a few times and enjoyed every bit.
    A well respected member of:

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/
    Check out my newest made forum!

http://forum.hopto.org/board/index.php

Comment

Interesting ep, not well written though I guess when you stay up till 11pm to watch this you either get bored or excited I was for most of ep in between.

The Sodan seem so interesting yet this ep felt like many other Jaffa tales, I think we needed more Ancient input eg history/technology Sodan have used.

I liked the relationship between Mitchell and his trainer it reminded me of O'Neill and Teal'c.
      The Sodan leader andhis followers are dumb to believe the Ori but they've been fooled by a big magic bag.

Back at SGC they was no major character involvement between cast with exception of Teal'c and Mitchell's trainers brother.

Overall my rating is 7

Comment

Originally posted by frellu2
        In the teaser, did anyone notice that Mitchell is the one that figures out that SG1 is being followed by the “invisible” Sodan warriors? Cam hangs back from the group and notices the branches in the trees are “moving” by themselves. He prevented the capture of his team at no small cost to himself.
        Well caught I must say I didn't think much of it.

Comment

This was my personal favorite episode of Season 9, really reminded me of The Last Samurai.
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Lord, I'm so over these Jaffa like 'rites of passage' type eps. There seems to be at least one in every season and usually they use the same old cliche stuff.
            TPTB retired the gou'ld and the replicators and how I wish they would have ditched the Jaffa(sodan) crap as well.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
              Lord, I'm so over these Jaffa like 'rites of passage' type eps. There seems to be at least one in every season and usually they use the same old cliche stuff.
              TPTB retired the gou'ld and the replicators and how I wish they would have ditched the Jaffa(sodan) crap as well.
              You are a very easily irritated guy aren't you?
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I enjoyed this one. Maybe cos I also enjoyed the Last Sumarai. but never the less a good ep.

Comment

No problems with this ep really, it didn't really go anywhere though. Well, apart from Mitchell getting adopted by some Jaffa ninjas and making some new friends.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Ninjas? Very... unsuited. But yeah a good ep when you hit the basics very well done.

Comment

I liked the way they made Mitchell a true warior.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider View Post
                        I enjoyed this one. Maybe cos I also enjoyed the Last Sumarai. but never the less a good ep.
                        Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I like behind enemy line’s episodes, generally because we see our heroes getting seriously tested. I also like stories about improbable friendships.

To be honest I resented the fact that Mitchell, and not Sam, was the SG - 1 team leader and this episode help me warm up to Cam.

I am rewatching seasons 9-10, and this one is one my faves in season 9.
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I loved this episode! Mainly because it showed us the Sodan. It was a shame they had to kill off the Sodan so fast.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
                            I loved this episode! Mainly because it showed us the Sodan. It was a shame they had to kill off the Sodan so fast.
                            Last Samurai rip-off...

Comment

Yeah, I watched that movie several times. Just because it looked like the Last Samurai doesn't mean it was. The plots were completely different.
                              sigpic

Comment

Something came over me tonight and I decided to watch Babylon again, probably for the first time since it aired. I didn't remeber anything about it, and now I know why - there's nothing to remeber, except maybe awful predictability and boredom.

The opening scene was quite good, at least till the shooting started, when I just shook my head at the unbelievability of it. Mitchell played John Rambo. Hurrah!

I don't like the Sodan storyline. It just seems that all the Jaffa revelations are created when the writers run out of ideas, with no prior lead up. What, the Sodan were legenadary and Teal'c didn't mention them at all during 8 years, even when the Jaffa rebelion was at its worst? Right.

That Mitchell would learn Sodan craft during a few weeks is just laughable. And what exactly are we learning about him here?
                                And I'm not surprised that Haikon didn't believe Mitchell. Cam should have said something convincing, should have offered some proof, told Haikon to send his Jaffa through the Gate to see for themselves instead of repeating over and over "believe me, you don't want it". In Haikon's shoes I'd be simply annoyed and I also would have ignored that person.

The big revelation of Jolan and Volnek (?) being brothers was obvious right from the first scene. I kept hoping I was wrong and the writers thought of something more original, but I was wrong.

And to those of you saying that seasons 9 and 10 gave you back the team: can you please tell me where is the team here? Teal'c has a few scenes, and while he's good in them there's no new material, just same old, same old. Ditto on Daniel. And where was Sam, again? When were they together, apart from the teaser?

Instead of the team we got another shot of strained Lam/Landry relationship. Has someone ever told them their behaviour was very unprofessional? They have issues, I get it, but they should leave them at home and not let them interfere with their job.

Also, what does it say that we have to hear how good a doctor Lam is? We've never heard anyone say "wow, she's really good, if it wasn't for her s/he would have died" about Janet. We didn't have to, it was obvious after a few minutes watching her on-screen. It's not the case with Lam.

So, I didn't remeber it because it was simply boring and painfully predictable. Still, it was better than some other episodes this season.

I keep wondering though how would the episode look like if tPTB went with their original idea and had Teal'c stranded with the Sodan, instead of Mitchell..
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X