No announcement yet.

Ex Deus Machina (907)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what exactly did Sam mean when Agent Barret Said " So your Single Again?" And Sam Replied "Not Exactly"? She's standing there looking like shes defently hiding something.

Always wondered what she meant, as as far as i can remember after she
    Spoiler:
    Broke her engagement with Pete
    , she was from this point on Single and was not seeing anyone.
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Where can i get Ba'al's T-Shirt with his Logo on it??? Its freaking awesome!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
        So what exactly did Sam mean when Agent Barret Said " So your Single Again?" And Sam Replied "Not Exactly"? She's standing there looking like shes defently hiding something.

Always wondered what she meant, as as far as i can remember after she
        Spoiler:
        Broke her engagement with Pete
        , she was from this point on Single and was not seeing anyone.
        It's assumed that she was dating Jack but because of their positions in the Stargate program kept that information quiet.

Their involvement was confirmed, unless one is living in that lovely land of denial, in the deleted scenes of the SGA Season 4 episode 'Trio'.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          It's assumed that she was dating Jack but because of their positions in the Stargate program kept that information quiet.

Their involvement was confirmed, unless one is living in that lovely land of denial, in the deleted scenes of the SGA Season 4 episode 'Trio'.
          Cool! Thanks! I'll have to pull out the DVD for S4 and watch the deleted scene for that Episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
            Cool! Thanks! I'll have to pull out the DVD for S4 and watch the deleted scene for that Episode.

I'd had the box set for months before I watched the deleted scenes. Imagine my shock when I finally did see it. I think I squeed very loudly.

TPTB drop hints (the password to her personal files is FISHING) in a few episodes in season 9 and 10, this is just one of them.
            sigpic

Comment

SG1 - SFX Magazine: 25 Best/Worst TV Episode Titles:

At SFX Magazine:

The vast majority of telefantasy episode titles are functional, descriptive and workmanlike, littered with such oft-used phrases as 'The Return of…", “The Revenge Of…”, “Doomsday” and "The Escape". But occasionally shows come up with titles that fire the imagination or even make you smile. Similarly, some just make you cringe. Certain shows are masters of the bizarre episode title (The Avengers, The Middleman), while others are just plain lazy or reliant on bad puns (Smallville, Charmed, Sliders).

So here are SFX’s pick of the best and worst episode titles ever. To be fair, the Best list could have been filled with The Avengers and The Middleman, so we've limited each show to one entry in each list. Except one show… as you'll find out.

THE TOP 25 WORST EPISODE TITLES

... 7 “Ex Deus Machina” Stargate SG-1
              Erm, any reason for swapping round the words?

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Finally, sometime last week, some website put together a list of their favorite episode titles. Alas, Stargate failed to make the list. To rectify that oversight, I’ve decided to put together a list of My Top 10 Favorite Stargate Titles:

1) Ex Deus Machina: When this episode aired, some fans were livid because they assumed we’d unwittingly screwed up the Latin. Well, yes, we did screw up the Latin - but wittingly. The story involved System Lord Baal making his way to Earth. “Maybe he becomes a mechanic,”I suggested. “Then we could call it Deus Ex Mechanic.” “Better yet,”said Paul. “He’s a former god. We should call is Ex Deus Machina.” So we did.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...pisode-titles/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Love the reason they titled it the way they did.

The best part of the episode, in my opinion, remains Sam's 'not exactly' when Barrett asks her if she's single again.
                  sigpic

Comment

I very much enjoyed this episode. It was cool when Cam got them to take their SG-1 patches.

This point has been raised, but how in the heck do people not know about any kind of alien activity on Earth? Are people that stupid? I mean, someone's gotta have seen the uncloaked ship parked in the middle of buildings. Or the Jaffa landing to take Baal. Or maybe the fact that their was no explosion should tipped someone off. Surely someone caught that on tape.

I don't know. I love this show to death, and am really liking this season. But their are too many things for everyone to have missed.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                      THE TOP 25 WORST EPISODE TITLES

... 7 “Ex Deus Machina” Stargate SG-1
                      Erm, any reason for swapping round the words?
                      Ba'al was a Goa'uld System Lord. Now he's more like a regular guy. "From God, Machina" instead of "From Machina, God".

I know there are Latin intricacies I'm missing, but that's how I understand it.
                      sigpic
                      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Bit of a 'take it or leave it' episode for me. One thing I noticed, why does one of the Baal's say "think I'll turn in…we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow" since when do Goa'uld need sleep, did he clone his sarcophagus over and over as well? Or do they just take turns, flip a coin or something

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

The best part of the episode, in my opinion, remains Sam's 'not exactly' when Barrett asks her if she's single again.
                          I so agree.I was jumping from my couch when I heard that.
                          S/J forever

I like the episode, Ba'al is just one of my favs.
                          But in the end it is kinda weird that nobody noticed anything.I mean, come on, a building disappeared into thin air(well, we know it hasn't but that's what people would believe),there was not a sound of an explosion nor were any parts of the building left and they wanna tell me that not a single person noticed something.On the other hand even if somebody had what could the person do about it.
                          Mr.Marrick:Why was I not notified that you had someone onboard with new intel about the Ori army activity?

Cam: Well, I'm sure I called for you. There was no answer.
                          Oh wait.I may not have pressed the comm button all the way down.
                          Wow, I must have looked stupid standing there talking to myself.
                          Anyway, you'll excuse us.

Oh, I love Cam Mitchell

Comment

600 channels and nothing to watch how true. I love Ba'al!
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, and all those clones. Cool. I figured the name of the ep had something to do with Ba'al's ex-god status. And yeah, loved the "not exactly".
                              sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Good stuff.
                                And about the woman in the end scene - She's got Ba'als! (AC/DC anyone?)

Originally posted by GateTrek2004 View Post
                                Where can i get Ba'al's T-Shirt with his Logo on it??? Its freaking awesome!
                                I loved that one of the clones had that shirt, nice touch.
                                (I think I'd rather have one with Yu's symbol though)
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X