No announcement yet.

Ex Deus Machina (907)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed this episode for its politics, and for its more slower approach than in previous episodes.

I liked the beaming of the entire building and for hearing Baal's real voice, and seeing more of prommie is always a bonus.

I wish they'd took on that Mothership though.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
    legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

i notised something whilst watching this
      i miss Vala, i didnt think i cared that much

The SG1 Patches were cool and i hope they go kick ass
      and Jaffa nation is really cool, shady Alince
      and its good to hear that there are still some Tok'ra around.

Apophis could cloak whole motherships

so why carnt the Jaffa, concidering some (like Raknor) were once in service of apophis
      Also nice to hear that Cassandra is still alive, always nice to mention charectors that others have forgot about

like the news reporter at the end WAS the news reporter who found out about Promethues back in season 6
      Last edited by BC - 303; 22 November 2005, 03:09 PM.
      Hola

Hello

Comment

Well, I'm remembering that Apophis' entire fleet was destroyed, along with a whole lot of fancy toys. The kind of cloaking technology that Apophis had was probably very limited knowledge, something that Rak'nor probably would not have. So, it's very likely that with Apophis, the secrets of cloakiing a big honkin' Ha'tak is probably dead.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303
          iAlso nice to hear that Cassandra is still alive, always nice to mention charectors that others have forgot about

like the news reporter at the end WAS the news reporter who found out about Promethues back in season 6
          Did I miss a reference to Jack O'neill on the episode ?( not beeing snarky here, I watched a recording of the ep and bit's near the breaks were missing)
          But thought it strange that kerry Johnson was mentioned rather than just the CIA but there was no mention of the head of Homeword security.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
            Did I miss a reference to Jack O'neill on the episode ?( not beeing snarky here, I watched a recording of the ep and bit's near the breaks were missing)
            But thought it strange that kerry Johnson was mentioned rather than just the CIA but there was no mention of the head of Homeword security.
            Jack wasn't mentioned by name, but he could have been vaguely referenced. When Barrett asked Sam if she was single, she replied, "Not exactly." Some interpret this comment to mean she was in a relationship of some sort with Jack.
            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Either that or she was trying to kill his renewed hopes dead again. I suppose there's a 'ship and non-'ship explanation to her comment.

Still, it was nice to see Barrett again.

Ooo - Ba'al with unflanged voice - what a difference! And, I agree, it certainly made him more sinister. Without that single identifier, no-one's going to know what this guy really is, or that his agenda is hardly going to be to the benefit of the electronics/aeronautics industries.

Cam must be a happy boy at last - he's finally got his SG-1, and it's official!

And as for Gerak - who the heck does he think he is? If he's going to carry out covert operations on an (allegedly) allied planet, the least he could do is try to be a bit more 'covert' about it, for heaven's sake!

Okay it's purely for his own political gain; but, come on!
              sigpic

Comment

Can't stand Gerak....but I wouldn't mind one of those Baal's if there's one going spare!..

Deeds xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                  Jack wasn't mentioned by name, but he could have been vaguely referenced. When Barrett asked Sam if she was single, she replied, "Not exactly." Some interpret this comment to mean she was in a relationship of some sort with Jack.
                  The "happy" music also implied that. I saw it a mile away, but Jack appears to still be in the homeworld security and Carter's back on SG-1, it would put him in an easier position but it's still touch and go given he's running the whole joint.

But it makes sense (i'm not a shipper btw) if that's how they're gonna do it, with Jack gone, then they can have that part of their life separate and not get in the way of the story in the show, bit like in DS9 with Kira/Odo.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Sorry guys, I'm lazy and couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread before posting, so excuse me if what I say is a repeat.

Polyfiller. This episode was industrial sci-fi polyfiller to repair the plot holes from the last goodness knows how long, and I'm not complaining.

Finally, after waiting for ages we find out what happened to poor neglected Cassie (this may have been mentioned in previous s9 eps, but I've been having technical difficulties). I mean, Mum dies, then adopted mum dies and it takes three seasons to go, "hey, look, kid might be having a few problems." Then of course the "not exactly single" bit clears things up for anyone who was wondering how badly the timeline got screwed in Moebius. The whole Sam/Jack thing. Hooray.

Anyway, very glad of explanation and very glad of Baal. Now I've got technical difficulties sorted and also worked out today how to work volume control (dodgy tv), I need to get volume control on housemates working so I can actually watch the episodes!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

At first this was a shock as it was Earth based after so many off-world episodes which in many ways is a plus of RDA's departure. I didnt buy Carter's line when she said she had been looking after Cassie, Frasier died over a year nearly two years ago and only know shes having some problems, where she been for all this time! Nice to have Cliff back as Baal one of the great guest stars on Stargate SG-1 and we finaly got to hear the man behind Baal in human modeish! The plot was good and kept me on the edge of my seat to see if they could come up with a way to stop the building from exploding. Carter was back on form after last week where I felt she didnt really fell like she should be there. And most importantly the Bands back together!!! At last long may it continue. Great Episode Season 9 goes from Stength to Stength.

Ex Deus Machina recieves a S.G.C rating of 8 out 0f 9 Chevrons

Comment

This was like s6's nightwalkers, only this one was GOOD.

Madeleine

Comment

One can only wonder what the hell all those Baals are going to be doing.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

If the end of the ep was anything to go by, running a trendy cocktail bar with watchable entertainment and Chinese food to go.

I mean, they've even got a sexy hostess/manager type to welcome the clientele!

'scuse me. I haven't had any breakfast yet and my blood sugar's a bit low...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                              If the end of the ep was anything to go by, running a trendy cocktail bar with watchable entertainment and Chinese food to go.

I mean, they've even got a sexy hostess/manager type to welcome the clientele!

'scuse me. I haven't had any breakfast yet and my blood sugar's a bit low...
                              Maybe SGC should employ a couple. Would sure make a change to Oatmeal, Fruitloops, Pizza and lemon chicken!
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

That ending just cracked me up.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X