Ex Deus Machina (907)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
    I wonder about things (it comes from having a flighty mind, I guess), like--

What do you suppose the tv-remote Ba'al clone meant when he said they had a big day tomorrow?

What's the deal with a bunch of Ba'al clones on earth? Why aren't they spread around the galaxy (hmmm--maybe they are)? What do they want from earth anyway? Does Ba'al not have any firepower anymore and that's why he's trying to gain power by going the business tycoon route, or does he have some fiendishly devious plan for our poor little planet?

Just guessing here but maybe Ba'al has found out about Atlantis and the only way to get more information and maybe steal technology that comes from Atlantis would mean he has to be on Earth. To infiltrate the companies that will have access to Atlantis tech they need Goa'uld/Trust people in the right places so this episode might be part of the set up for the crossover eps, imho. Then again I might be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jree
      Just guessing here but maybe Ba'al has found out about Atlantis and the only way to get more information and maybe steal technology that comes from Atlantis would mean he has to be on Earth. To infiltrate the companies that will have access to Atlantis tech they need Goa'uld/Trust people in the right places so this episode might be part of the set up for the crossover eps, imho. Then again I might be wrong.
      Oh to find out about Atlantis would be sweet for a Gou'ald come back ahah.

Overall I loved this episode and this season rocks! I think Baal's normal voice sounds pretty cool almost as cool as the gou'ald one.
      We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
        A building that tall, and no one notices it's missing? And the surrounding stuff are still intact so it couldn't have exploded on Earth although it did on Earth's orbit. Anyways, no one really noticed I guess because a 5 mile radius was evacuated according to Carter.
        Sam said they'd evacuated five blocks, but that it wasn't enough, She then said that even five miles wouldn't be enough.

And yes, cameras mounted on buildings as far away a five or six blocks would have caught something. It would have been nice if Sam or Cam or Pendergast had thrown in a line about hitting the area with an EM disruptor - or whatever the heck the jargen - to disrupt any recording devices in the area surrounding the site.
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
          Sam said they'd evacuated five blocks, but that it wasn't enough, She then said that even five miles wouldn't be enough.

And yes, cameras mounted on buildings as far away a five or six blocks would have caught something. It would have been nice if Sam or Cam or Pendergast had thrown in a line about hitting the area with an EM disruptor - or whatever the heck the jargen - to disrupt any recording devices in the area surrounding the site.
          I think you guys are definately all missing the point. There *is no way* they could cover it up completely. This could be the turning point moving towards disclosure. Thanks,

David

Comment

My favourite episode of this season so far, really good

Comment

Originally posted by davsoft
              I think you guys are definately all missing the point. There *is no way* they could cover it up completely. This could be the turning point moving towards disclosure. Thanks,
              David
              I think you're right. It sounds realistic, anyway. This all happened at the end of the episode and it was at the very end that the reporter said that it was purported to be a gas leak. She also said that some people didn't believe it because there wasn't enough rubble. They definitely left it open for more public speculation.

I can believe that there wasn't anything to report that quickly other than what was told. If someone had seen something, either they hadn't told the right people [like the news station] or they are trying to get someone to listen to them. They could be waiting for that $500 from the Inquirer. As for security cameras, sure, a few could have caught something, but it's possible it's just a corner of the building and they don't know what they have yet.

I don't know how soon after the beaming-away that the news report happened, but I would think it would be quite soon after. In that case, nobody has had a chance to put together the bits from security cameras, the whatever-was-caught on someones private video recorders, and eyewitness reports of whatever someone thought they may have seen.

I would think, and hope, that the SGC hasn't seen the full effect of what they did [not that they had a choice].

Comment

David
                David, if this government wants something "covered up", trust me, you'll never even hear a peep about it. As for survelliance cameras, come on.....you have any idea how quickly video vanishes, etc. And if someone does start to "talk".....you have any idea how easy it is to discredit someone, when you have the power? Far too easy.

And if this were, by some chance, the turning point towards "disclosure", what then? Really, will it affect the storyline? Will it signal the end of the series? I'd like some feedback, because I truly have no idea what disclosure would do to the series/stories.
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Ok. My Question is: Did Baal Clone himself (host + symbiote) of did he clone only the host? I think it would be wise and likely, that he cloned the host and put other symbiotes in the clones, so that they will not try to challenge him for power. I mean as the goauld have genetic memory, they will practically all be Baal and will all want to be the boss. Tell me what you thind. And by the way, here is another picture:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2707/universecup20092gd.jpg
                  Last edited by GateWorld; 30 August 2005, 07:39 AM.
                  1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

Nice picture, but "Orilla" is obviously on off side position

About the cloning idea, I have many doubts myself but I'll wait how the writers develope the whole idea

Sabre

Comment

Quite obviously

I think he only cloned the host
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

This was a good episode, and I like the vary end when ba'al said over 600 channels and nothing to watch. I'm also thinking that he was the real one and not a clone.

Comment

David
                          Good point especially with another episode 4th horseman
                          Spoiler:
                          where a plague is realeased on Earth. I am assuming it's an Ori plague. That will be a little more difficult to keep quiet among the medical community.
                          I think they are moving towards disclosure, but who knows TPTB can decide to explain it all away or never persue the subject any further. I'll just wait and see.

Comment

What a disappointment after such great episode that started this season!
                            This episode was completely boring, IMHO.

The only good parts were Teal'c having more lines and more acting...and Ba'al.
                            Ba'al is such a good villain, so funny and so fascinating to watch.

I miss Vala.
                            Gaterelle

Comment

I reckon he cloned both host and symbiote - the original is probably hiding somewhere, so the clones keep everyone busy. If Baal is still after power, it looks like his best bet would be to work up to the Orii, so he can get their ascended powers, using the clones as cover. Baal in the future:

Comment

I loved Ba'al's accent Great episode, just wished they went into the cloning tech in a bit more detail, I'd love to know where he got it from, and how he cloned them so fast within 9 months

sigpic
                                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Working...
                                X