• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    [snippitied]

I give this ep four out of five zats.

I like your rating system!

Comment

I wonder if any security cameras on nearby buildings caught the building being beamed up into space?

I kinda like how TPTB still include the Goa'uld instead of just saying 'they're mostly dead, so we'll ignore them. I think it really sucks when TV shows totally ignore the enemy from the first couple seasons.

I'm wondering if Sam can't sense naquada anymore because the level of naquada in her blood has dissipated over the years.
      Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
        "So, you're single now."
        "Not exactly."

It's sooooooooooo obvious, people!

All of a sudden, Sam isn't single. All of a sudden, a new guy is around; one that Sam seems quite familiar with.

Yep, Sam and Mitchell are sharing that hot monkey love!!! It's soooooo obvious!

Just kidding.
        There cousins.....that was someone else’s idea on the board... but I like it and I’m going with it.... Or maybe Sam tutored him in physics at the academy.... anything, anything but more ship.... just say no to Sam ship. Her ship has sailed. Now its time for her to start kickin the crp out of everyone like they were the writers that wrote the ship.

Yes!! Now I am all for bringing Vala back as a full time character so that TPTB can give her and Daniel all the crpyly written ship... of course then that would just diminish the Daniel character like it has with the Sam character, which would be sad. And then theres Vala poor, poor Vala she would be worse off then being stuck in the Ori galaxy where she probably has gotten herself a nice, writer free, ship.

And no I am not anti-ship. If the ship is well written and makes since and doesn’t dimish a character then I can deal and even enjoy (B5). But as far as I can see this show is not setup for such a thing, being episodic and all. If ship is done right then its ok, if its done poorly then it is just a soap opera and I like my space adventures Soap free…… well Ronan could use a little soap….but that’s different (and yes I am a Ronan Fan)
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
          If the woman was a Goa'uld too, wouldn't Sam have sensed it when they were together in the office?
          In S7's Fallout, I believe the Goa'uld that Ba'al leeft behind on Langara took something that hid its presence from humans and Sam did not detect her until they found the needle. They could have use this because they knew Sam could detect them.
          Last edited by greytop; 29 August 2005, 05:12 PM. Reason: corrected wrong episode title

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
            I wonder if any security cameras on nearby buildings caught the building being beamed up into space?

I wondered the same thing
            Last edited by mindfire; 29 August 2005, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
              Yeah, I had a major problem with the building-beaming-up thing. Even if the area had been evacuated (officially) you know there would have been TV cameras, security cameras, etc. Not to mention the security people who were working the evacuation.

I don't object to earth-based episodes in principle, as I'm sure there can be compelling stories told here. But I think they tend to be less well written than offworld eps. I think the team functions best when they have to rely on each other implicitly, such as when they're the only 'earthlings' on another planet. In earth-based episodes, there are so many other SGC personnel and even civilians involved, and that takes away from the activity of the "team," imho.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                I don't object to earth-based episodes in principle, as I'm sure there can be compelling stories told here. But I think they tend to be less well written than offworld eps. I think the team functions best when they have to rely on each other implicitly, such as when they're the only 'earthlings' on another planet. In earth-based episodes, there are so many other SGC personnel and even civilians involved, and that takes away from the activity of the "team," imho.
                Excellent point.

Comment

To all the people not believing the building beaming up thing, I think that's the whole point. With all the stuff that's been going on over the past couple of years the cover story is falling apart. Now the mainstream media news has realised that there's a cover up on. This is something they just can't hide, people are going to talk, and tell that the military were there, not just fire and police services. The scout ship was probably spotted on the roof of the building. Jaffa with staff weapons running around.... People will start talking to the media about the bizarre things that have been happening, then more people will come out and talk, they might even start to wonder about the whole Alec Colson affair. I think this whole thing is building towards the revelation of the stargate program. Thanks,

David

Comment

I really like this episode! My favorite part of course was Sam’s “Not exactly” comment. Does my shipper heart some good! It also acknowledges Jack’s presences (didn’t I say I was a shipper. ) in S9 which I am also happy about (because I miss RDA)!

Sam is officially back!! I was also very glad Sam gave a reason for her absence. She explained she was helping Cassie. Yet another character that has vanished, so I was glad she was mentioned! Sam and Teal’c both played a bigger role in this episode then last week, which was great!

Teal’c had more of a presence then any episode this season. Gerak is a character you love to hate, or at least I do. I can see Teal’c and Gerak squaring off in future episodes, and I look forward to it!

As far as the multiple Baal’s at the end I’m not sure about this … The Goa’uld have always tried to conquer other planets, civilizations, and other system lords. Their thirst for power has always pitted them against one another, so wouldn’t that be the same case for all the clones? Who would be the ultimate decision maker? Wouldn’t they be fighting amongst themselves for control of the group?
                    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 30 August 2005, 06:56 AM.

Comment

My least favourite part of the episode was the "Not exactly" moment. As a total non-shipper, I wish to god they'd leave the damn subject alone. In fact, I wish Sam had stayed at Area 51 so we'd never hear about her witless love life ever again. The more it's about her, the less relevant she becomes as a character.

Comment

I wonder about things (it comes from having a flighty mind, I guess), like--

What do you suppose the tv-remote Ba'al clone meant when he said they had a big day tomorrow?

What's the deal with a bunch of Ba'al clones on earth? Why aren't they spread around the galaxy (hmmm--maybe they are)? What do they want from earth anyway? Does Ba'al not have any firepower anymore and that's why he's trying to gain power by going the business tycoon route, or does he have some fiendishly devious plan for our poor little planet?

Did you notice that even the Ba'al clone that Gerak killed didn't act cowed or scared, but knowing (he HAD to know) that he was going to be killed, he still had to lord it over the jaffa ("slaves!")?

How are they going to hide the fact that there are four or five Ba'al business tycoon clones running around? He's gotta know that SG-1 is keeping their eyes open.

Is Chinese food Ba'als favorite earth food?

What about the drink-pouring Ba'al? Doesn't alcohol have some sort of weird effect on symbiotes? I seem to remember Tea'lc commenting on it--although I could be wrong, my memory is not what it used to be.

Is Ba'al on earth an NID-related thing?

EDIT: Thought of another one! What do you suppose Jack's reaction is to Ba'al on earth (numerous ones!)? Not too happy, I expect! Wouldn't that be an interesting meeting?

----inquiring minds want to know!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

About Sam and naquadah: She has never once said that she sensed the mineral itself as it lay about the surface of the land. She only senses it in living creatures, which seems to indicate that it is not just naquadah per se, but the mineral combined with a creature's life force or something that she senses.

The Goa'uld have an effective serum to block people from sensing their presence as witnessed by the fact that Jolinar couldn't sense the Ashrack lying in the hospital bed in Line of Duty and Sam couldn't sense the Goa'uld on Kelowna. Obviously Ba'al would have taken the precaution to mask his people's presense on Earth, since he knew there'd be a good chance not only of dealing with Sam and Teal'c but that Earth had naq sensors.
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

A building that tall, and no one notices it's missing? And the surrounding stuff are still intact so it couldn't have exploded on Earth although it did on Earth's orbit. Anyways, no one really noticed I guess because a 5 mile radius was evacuated according to Carter.
                            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Five miles isn't that far, though.

Comment

Ex Deus Machina Spoiler

I know that the technology exists to clone humans and the technology exists to clone symbiotes, but how can they clone both together? Aren't a symbiote and it's host two seperate organisms? So how can those clones all be Ba'al? In the last scene, they are sure acting like they are all him, but how would cloning the host clone the symbiote? If the symbiote altered the hosts DNA enough for that to happen then it wouldn't be as easy to remove a symbiote as it is. I know its not easy to remove one, but its easier that it would be if the symbiote was part of the hosts new DNA. If the Gould part of Ba'al was cloned by itself, why would he want all of his hosts to look alike? Wouldn't he want many different hosts? If the "Ba'al" that Gerak captured and killed was only a human, and had no symbiote, wouldn't Gerak be able to tell ? Unless maybe he was in on the gag. In other words, maybe Gearak knows thats not the real Ba'al and is working together with him? Or maybe it was a clone of Ba'al's host with somebody else's symbiote in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X