Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Whiter Shade
    Yep. I liked this episode as well. So far SG1 has it over SGA by a wide margin, at least in my book.

We know the Orii have rings since Vala and Daniel were ringed to the "planes of celestis". Can't wait to find out where she ended up! Imagine Vala coming back to SG1 as an Orii Prior.

"Convert to Origin now...or I will never make love to you again." Or something like that. LOL
    Bad idea, really bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
      Bad idea, really bad idea.
      I agree, if they make vala a prior or whatever it will ruin her character. The only possible exception is if they made her like Kira in Chronicals of Riddick (in otherwords faking shes a believer). But I wouldnt even like that too much. I would much rather she pull a "promethous" and simply capture an Ori ship and be the big bad "Dread Pirate Roberts" of the Ori Galaxy.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but i don't really have the capacity within me to sift throught 6 pages.

This episoide seems to indicate that the Orii, well atleast their followers, have huge industrial and manufacturing capabilities. Why put up a gate now unless they had ships ready and waiting to cross through the super gate? Within 6 episodes they've probably managed to build a fleet from scratch.

Comment

Which means they're probably devoting almost all of their time and resources on this inter-galactic crusade of theirs.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by ocalacam
            By the way, seems like almost everyone's assuming that Vala is now in the Orii galaxy but... Vala made a point to say that the rings would go to the closest ring pad around even if that pad is on a cloaked ship. Could there had been a cloaked Jaffa mothership or another cargo ship in the vicinity? It's possible that she's now in the hands of the Jaffa instead of materializing in the Orii galaxy. And, as I recall, Carter said that the matter stream COULD have gone through the microsingularity, not that it ACTUALLY had gone through. Just a thought...
            That was my thought when I saw that the rings had activated for her. Either way, it could provide for an interesting story for her to greatly exaggerate when she does return.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
              Of course Garek is a moron - but then he's supposed to be. He fulfils the same role in this as whatsihername did in DS9 (the irritating Bajoran spiritual leader). I'm sure he's going to be a major thorn in the side of SG1 for the remainder of the season.

Albion
              The Kai Winn, played by the deliciously evil (and Oscar winning) Louise Fletcher.

Frostfox, still a mine of useless DS9 info and very happy with season 9 - we now have Landry calling Walter 'Chief' so I'm getting Miles O'Brien vibes as well as Garak and Pagh Waith vibes. If you're gonna steal, steal from the best!!!

Oh, and wasn't it nice to get Sam back in the fold! Just hope Vala comes back to visit too.

FF
              sigpic

Comment

Cool! We won! Well, for now anyway..

It's good to see the heroes come out on top for once, though we are still pretty screwed.

I loved the concept behind the "super gate" and the whole thing looked really cool, too

When they went down to talk to the Prior, that was great, with the "Earth minutes" thing and how Mitchell told the Ori off with "blah, blah, blah"; Mitchell continues to be quite likeable ^_^

Vala's exit was better then I expected, I figured she'd just leave at the end, but instead she went out with a nice heroic act and the door is left open for her return, which is also nice.

And Sam is back! I'm sure she'll have plenty chance to impress us with her genius in future episodes, since she didn't have much to do here.

Oh! The Goa'uld! It's neat how they used him to work for the Ori, although I suppose it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise, it was quite a nifty idea.

And I foresee much conflict between the Jaffa Nation and the Tau'ri, most unfortunate.

Can't find any big flaws this week, unlike last week.. so..

10/10

And yes, SG-1 is back

Comment

Originally posted by Kalinda
                  Cool! We won! Well, for now anyway..

It's good to see the heroes come out on top for once, though we are still pretty screwed.

I loved the concept behind the "super gate" and the whole thing looked really cool, too

When they went down to talk to the Prior, that was great, with the "Earth minutes" thing and how Mitchell told the Ori off with "blah, blah, blah"; Mitchell continues to be quite likeable ^_^

Vala's exit was better then I expected, I figured she'd just leave at the end, but instead she went out with a nice heroic act and the door is left open for her return, which is also nice.

And Sam is back! I'm sure she'll have plenty chance to impress us with her genius in future episodes, since she didn't have much to do here.

Oh! The Goa'uld! It's neat how they used him to work for the Ori, although I suppose it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise, it was quite a nifty idea.

And I foresee much conflict between the Jaffa Nation and the Tau'ri, most unfortunate.

Can't find any big flaws this week, unlike last week.. so..

10/10

And yes, SG-1 is back

Actually, I disagree here. It was VALA who won, not SG-1 and I really hope they're going to admit it and say at least "thank you" when they meet her again.

Comment

Oh, man... that was so, so good. SG-1 has been fully revitalized!

The story was great, the main characters were great, and the guest Go'uld was great. We got to see good ol' little Prometheus again, with it's ever-present commander Colonel Pendergast. Vala was, as usual, hilarious, as is Daniel when around her. "A little less talking and a little more shut the hell up." Daniel hung around with Jack a little too long. Speaking of Jack, his practical joke on Landry was just a pure Jack moment... and Jack isn't even there! I actually predicted Landry's "Yeah, you're funny."

I think we just saw a shot which will wind up on the DVD in the much absent theme song... right after Vala left through the Gate, we are left with the new SG-1 lineup.

And as has been said in this thread already... we as so very screwed. However, I think it should be noted, that this is the first time we thwarted an Ori plan at all. Sure, we helped it initially, but their supergate (very cool) was thwarted by Vala... who I will miss.

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                      Quick thoughts:

- the basketball game was cute/funny, but there have to be at least 200 people working in Cheyenne Mountain at any given time... why were all four of these people hanging out together? Which brings me to...

- Vala in proximity to Daniel. I **know** the bracelets had them linked together, but a) the effects were wearing off, and b) just because they have to stay in a certain proximity to each other doesn't mean they have to be TIED AT THE HIP. For all Daniel professed to not wanting her around (and I believe it), he sure didn't push her away. (I'm tempted to make another bullet point about the fact that she's at EVERY meeting in the briefing room. But I won't belabor the point.)

- the scene w/ Landry on the phone w/ Jack was cute, as Sam materialized as if by magic. YAY, SAM!!! to make a pun based on an old '70s TV show, all I can say is: Welcome back, Carter. (ha ha! please, don't throw tomatoes!) However, on the other hand.....

- did anyone else get a tremendous sense of anticlimax when Sam was briefing the rest of the team in the control room? We didn't get to see any "hello" hugs, or anyone welcoming her back at all. Why not show that? It's been five weeks coming.

- I can't believe it didn't occur to anyone that using weapons might make the force field grow stronger. SG-1 has seen it before, and I predicted it way before they realized it

- I noticed that Garek used the term "beachhead," just as the captain of the Prometheus did, and subsequently SG-1 did as well. Sounded way too coincidental.

- I couldn't tell if the Goa'uld guy (at first I thought they said his name was Uterus) really believed the spiel the Ori were spouting, or if he had some sort of angle. I don't buy the fact that a Goa'uld (as opposed to a Jaffa) would easily, willingly follow someone else who demanded to be worshipped.

- Good to see Landry acting like a general, but WHAT is up with that stupid leather jacket?? He wears it INDOORS, for heaven's sake. Also, he seemed to be walking with a broomstick up his butt.
                      I was a little disappointed myself, I really expected more-"Wow, it's so good to have you back, what have you been doing? Who have you been seeing?? " Daniel was the only that even acknowledged that she had been away and that was almost in passing. I hope in future eps we can get a little more background.
                      I myself, did love this ep. I am really glad to have Sam back, I no longer get that "something's missing" feeling anymore. I don't think we have seen the last of Vala either.

Comment

Here's something I noticed: Is it me, or did those Jaffa at the beginning of the episode not look very... um... Jaffa-like? They looked like some of the last episode's villagers with tattoos on their foreheads, not like fierce warrior people.

Also, what's with Landry calling Walter "Chief"? Not that I mind, it just kinda came out of nowhere.
                        Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                        Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                        Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                        Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                          Here's something I noticed: Is it me, or did those Jaffa at the beginning of the episode not look very... um... Jaffa-like? They looked like some of the last episode's villagers with tattoos on their foreheads, not like fierce warrior people.
                          I agree. And I think the same can be said of Inago (The Ties That Bind). In fact, I just started a thread on that issue; it seems to me that some of the Jaffa have gone downhill just a little too quickly.
                          Andrew

Comment

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, I only sifted throught these 7 pages, but, does anyone have a problem with this black hole thing!!!
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16027
                            Get YOUR P90 Here!
                            Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

Pretty good episode. Great to have Sam back! I hoped for more of a "welcome back" from Daniel & Teal'c, but then again the characters don't know she'll be back full time & she did say she and Daniel talked a few weeks ago, so they have been keeping in touch. I also hoped for more with Vala & Sam, but loved the "back up singer" comment. My favorite line was Vala saying "I tried to fit into your little Stargating club." LOL.
                              Teal'c didn't get to say much again. Loved Teal'c picking up Vala for the basketball game. I hope Daniel will get over being so cranky & thank goodness he shaved the beard.

Comment

Erm, didn't think of it before but, if the supergate got blown up when the singularity formed, wouldn't it have been blown away even if the links were all formed up or would it have been juiced up or something?

Comment

Working...
                                X