Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatebee
    for the first time all four of them together as a team...sniff, sniff no Jack

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...1/PDVD_144.jpg
    thanks, gatebee.

but no jack... no rda.... BUT, knowing that rda is happy, and liking mitchell so much, it makes it easier to handle this *new* sg1. or, sg-me, since no one's agreed to rejoin and make it official. yet.

sam's back!!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Yes, the formation of the new team, kind of obvious them sending Vala through the gate first, as her departure was eminent.

Comment

10/10

GREAT EP!

Teamwork,
        Planetary shields,
        Prometheus,
        Jaffa,
        Goaulds,
        Hataks,
        Chicken,
        400m stargates,
        Blackholes,
        Mach 7 nukes!

It had it all. Bar Jack, but to be honest this is the first episode that i didnt really miss him in.

If they keep this up, ill be greatly impressed with s9

Comment

This was one of the best eps of the season so far. Of course, it was an expected 'escalation/tension' ep where the invasion is averted at the last minute. But it was done very well and was quite enjoyable.

I thought the action plot was quite nicely done, even if Carter returns/Vala interaction scenes were minimized. I too would like to see more team interaction at the return of Carter, but it was sort of like how she responds to Mitchell's 'rejoin the team' comment--with a blank non-reaction. So I guess we'll have to wait and see for more of the fun emotional stuff of the team coming back together.

Daniel Jackson's shaved clean face?

Samantha Carter's 'wet' hair? Dunno...looks ok...wonder if it's the 'look' this season. BTW, she looks great after having just had a baby!

Glad to see the Ori finally got beaten for once!!! Liked the food...the jokes...

IF Vala comes back as a Prior or 'converted' I will be seriously disgusted. I don't want to see that happen. I think Vala's character arc is unique enough, thank you very much, from privateer to Goa'uld to somewhat more redemptive 'inner heart'...I would prefer to see her return as she was, a little worse for the wear...but perhaps with less of the kleptomania. It would be great if she took over a planet of her own!!!

As for the Ori, we still don't know very much, but I hope they don't go on for season after season. So far, the tension is building nicely...but I hope it doesn't become an entrenched threat that takes as long as the Goa'uld to remove.

This ep was quite interesting and I enjoyed it.
          sigpic

Comment

Two thoughts:

1) The "Welcome back Carter." theam I've been seeing in the thread and everyone complaining that they should have played up her return more. I'm sure TPTB wanted to do that- but if they did that something else would have been cut.

2) The Planet-Gate Could you imagin the "Kawoosh" that Gate would create? Is there any estimates on out there on how far out the "Kawoosh" goes? I can't think of anything- so for number purposes, lets say the it extends 40 ft on a standard gate. So lets see... gate Dia of 22 ft=40 ft kawoosh so a gate 400 M (not sure if that right) dia would cause....
            727.27m/.45 mile kawoosh
            (willing to adjust if someone gives me the proper Gate dia/kawoosh distance)

Otherwise, outstanding ep.
            Last edited by Thor's Pal; 19 August 2005, 11:02 PM. Reason: updated numbers
            Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
            "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
            "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
            ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
            McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
            "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

Originally posted by GbaGuy
              My reasoning goes something like this. A matter stream got through to the
              Ori galaxy (making the assumption because otherwise it'd be a useless scene).
              But it's just a matter stream, unless the massive stargate on the other side
              rematerialized Vala (let's hope not, since it's probably in space), the matter
              stream is intercepted by a ship of a race serving the Ori.
              I think they answered this question in the show, when Vala told them that a ring would lock on to the closest ring. If her stream was sucked down the blackhole to the other end of the connection in their galaxy, then it would lock onto the closest set of rings in that galaxy. Since they were also Ancients, we can guess that they have rings over there too...

I'm guessing she pops onto a planet in some temple or structure and then she leads her own adventures trying to get back.

Comment

I enjoyed it. I'm new to the show as a week-to-week watcher - I started watching toward the end of S8 when I found out Ben Browder was going to join. So the whole band-back-together bit wasn't as significant for me as it probably was for longtime fans. It is good to see Carter back. I'm kinda glad it was low-key, myself. The sense I got was that, kind of like Jack, Sam was very much a part of these characters' off-screen lives. I gotta think Mitchell's been bouncing stuff off her. It seems she's been in touch with Daniel, because they've been talking about the bracelets. (Although the backup singer line might work against that interpretation.) So it's not quite as momentous for them to see Sam Carter back as it is for us to see Amanda Tapping back, y'know?

The visual of the massive gate was neat. I'm trying to think about how feasible it would be for the Ori to use conventional Stargates to get the individual pieces over. Maybe they're a lot heavier than a single Prior, making it less feasible. I'm guessing the Ori have helped the Priors and Doci build that armada they talked about in Origin pretty quickly. I wonder if they could just have it fly to the Milky Way conventionally.

The bits with Gerak were probably more interesting to me than the main plot. His way of doing things is likely to cause more problems before it's all over. Which raises the question of why Teal'c is playing basketball and going on missions rather than trying to build up support on the council. He may have his reasons, but I'm kinda irked they dropped that thread.

The confontation with the Prior didn't have much oomph for me. But then again, they didn't really get a lot of oomph out of an entire planet's population being slaughtered. That seems to be in keeping with the show's style, though, so I guess I'll just roll with it.

Comment

Gerak is an idiot.
                  An utter idiot.

A complete and horribly 100% total idiot.

Yet somehow he is respected by the Jaffa.

Comment

Just finished watching Beachhead for a second time. The first time I was home alone but for the second viewing I was at a after gig Stargate party with the boys in the band.

We loved Beachhead. The 'extra backup singer' comment had us all laughing - we cheered as the team went up the ramp - it was so good seeing Carter back - everyone agreed this was the best episode so far this season - it was great to get an episode that had more of a team feel to it - can't wait for the next couple of episodes as the team really does come back together. We all hope that Vala will be back either later this season or early next season.

Overall review from the band "Two Thumbs Up"
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Rescue mission to get Vala out of the Ori world!!!! Any volunteers?
                      Last edited by Kalliope; 20 August 2005, 01:07 AM.

Comment

One MAJOR flaw in this ep.... the blocks of the ubergate were about 125% the size of the cargo ship, yet they managed to fit through the normal gate? (When the cargo shpi took the position as the last link, you could see the blocks were pretty much solid)

Comment

Definitely an ep worth keeping an eye out for.
                          Even though all paths have been made, anything could happen.
                          And Vala's choice really left a mark behind. What's next, and the here & now.
                          For one, its a definite sign Vala may even turn the tables, the next time we'll see her.

Kudos to Sam's return, its great to have her back on the team.
                          Talk about quite a bit of catch-up that's gonna be made.
                          Maybe there's more she will get a chance to tell the crew soon enough.
                          Last edited by kadosho; 20 August 2005, 01:03 AM.

Comment

This was a good ep.

Poor vala.

Hedonisim bot was a bit weird, but at least we known chickens are an earth-native species.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

So have they effectivly killed of Vala or does anyone think there is a possibility that she may return in future episodes?

Comment

I think she'll be back.

BTW the Atlantis Nuke was better than this one.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Working...
                                X