Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    (I thought they were puddle jumbers at first)
    Ah hah! So I'm not the only one.... I thought they looked like puddle jumpers too, but then I heard the no life signs comment.
    sigpic

Comment

This episode was Perfect!!!! I think it was the best of the season so far! I loved the special effects, they playing basketball (Funny as hell), Chicken!, The power of the Ori are awsome! I can't wait to see what else can they do! The planet sized Stargate was great!

Comment

good ep .... SG1 is back ....weeps minus Jack but was still very good ep. Will watch again second screening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          Ah hah! So I'm not the only one.... I thought they looked like puddle jumpers too, but then I heard the no life signs comment.
          So did I.

Comment

Isn't there supposed to be an Asgard in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by thorshammer
              This episode was Perfect!!!! I think it was the best of the season so far! I loved the special effects, they playing basketball (Funny as hell), Chicken!, The power of the Ori are awsome! I can't wait to see what else can they do! The planet sized Stargate was great!
              Seedless grapes are a state secret!!!! hahahaha I forgot about that along with the Chicken being a rare delicacy. Daniel and Landry were both funny.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by mindtwister
                I'm sure they will try again, I don't think they would give up that easy.
                I would also love to see a super gate go active.
                Ah but when they try again it will take longer because the Tauri, being the wiser, wont give them another boost with a nuclear bomb.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                Spoiler:

Comment

At first as I watched Vala's aparent demise I was very upset because I thought it was just a cheap way of getting rid of her quickly. But upon seeing the final scene where they reveal the chance of Vala's transportation into the Ori Galaxy (Can we please find out what its called?) I thought it was a good way of leaving her open to return. So how will they do it? Will the Ori bring her with them in their invasion armada as bait for SG-1? Or will one of the 303's travel to their galaxy and discover her on some planet hiding among those who don't beleive in the Ori? Or will she be killed imeadiatly as soon as she arrives? Any thoughts?

Perfecto!

Comment

I'm pretty sure we'll see her again later on in the season.

Comment

oh shes definitly coming back. And if she is anywhere near as clever as they make her out to be she will probably be ruleing a small kingdom when they next see her, or hijacking a ship. I would be quite upset if they brought her back "converted" ala Sheridans wife in B5. I dont think they will do that though the writers appear to like writing her the way she is.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by illuminarok
                        I made the prediction of them building the planet sized stargate within the Milky Way in another thread, I think they'll try again.
                        Loved this episode. The plot worked well, bringing a much needed victory against the awful Ori and some cool sfx (the force field around the planet and the surreal gate taking shape were cool!).

We got to see a little more of the free Jaffa character, which is gelling fast into paranoid and hot-trigger fingered. Relax, Garek, you're among friends now! The Jaffa posse firing first and asking questions after added a nice touch of suspense: would they see reason or just bluster on like their former masters? Hmmm. Garek will probably lay the blame for losing their ships on the Tau'ri. And the loss of Jaffa on the planet, as well. Curiously, casualties were not mentioned.

And what a nice appearance by Samantha Carter! I actually laughed out loud when Landry looked up from his phone argument with Jack to see her standing there. She looks great. And the technospeak is back, hooray! As usual, Sam may not have had the answer at the beginning but she still knows what probably won't work. A (mild) disappointment, as mentioned, that Sam and Vala had so little interaction. I would have thought Sam would be briefed on Vala's prior Goa'uld possession, and be moved to hear her when she attempted to suggest something. Daniel, bless his clean shaven face, was moved to shut her down (meanie ).

And as for predictions: I, too, predicted on some thread or other that Vala would be somehow joined/connected to the Ori. Boy, did I not see it coming THIS way! Just glad she's not definitely killed off, and maybe the PTB will do the right dramatic thing and put Sam and Vala together later on.

Cheers! A fine follow up to the beat down the Tau'ri got last week. Ready for more!

Just sayin'.
                        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                        sigpic
                        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                          Glad to have carter back. Mitchell was such a boy scout. Vala was great. The Tauri were stupid.
                          HOW many times are they going to be bitten in the ass before they learn: "You can't trust a goa'uld". Granted, I don't think things would have turned out differently even if they'd decided against using the Mark IX at first it would have simply taken longer.

Gerak's a pain.

I loved Landry's last moment with Nerus. Revenge of that sort could be sweet. No more chickn for him.
                          My husband had Nerus pegged after the excuse-me-you've-got-a-bit-of-gravy-on-the-edge-of-your-mouth scene. He said Landry needs to lock him up until he loses about a hundred pounds then drag him back out and ask him again! I laughed so hard! Then at the end Landry did just that! LMAO!

edited to fix the scene reference
                          Last edited by UhSir; 19 August 2005, 07:53 PM.

Comment

*sigh* The only good part was that Sam was back. The "joke" that Jack played on Landry really wasn't as funny as it was mentioned. I will miss Vala. But, why does it feel like reality has crept into this television show? With the Goa'uld, it was myth and legend. This was my hour of escapism from everyday life. I have nothing else to watch on Fridays and I'm so hoping that this show will get better. Still feels like it's trying to find it's purpose. Great that the Goa'uld asked where Jack was. And we still don't know exactly where Jack went. Are we still supposed to assume that he's taken over for Hammond? I mean, we got an explanation for his no longer being at the SGC, but Jack doesn't get that? It just seems wrong. Now when Sam comes back full-time, I hope that some dynamic is created because it still seems so stilted and out of joint.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by illuminarok
                              I made the prediction of them building the planet sized stargate within the Milky Way in another thread, I think they'll try again.
                              Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                              And as for predictions: I, too, predicted on some thread or other that Vala would be somehow joined/connected to the Ori. Boy, did I not see it coming THIS way! Just glad she's not definitely killed off, and maybe the PTB will do the right dramatic thing and put Sam and Vala together later on.
                              Anyone else's predictions come up?

Just sayin.
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                                Loved this episode. The plot worked well, bringing a much needed victory against the awful Ori and some cool sfx (the force field around the planet and the surreal gate taking shape were cool!).

We got to see a little more of the free Jaffa character, which is gelling fast into paranoid and hot-trigger fingered. Relax, Garek, you're among friends now! The Jaffa posse firing first and asking questions after added a nice touch of suspense: would they see reason or just bluster on like their former masters? Hmmm. Garek will probably lay the blame for losing their ships on the Tau'ri. And the loss of Jaffa on the planet, as well. Curiously, casualties were not mentioned.

And what a nice appearance by Samantha Carter! I actually laughed out loud when Landry looked up from his phone argument with Jack to see her standing there. She looks great. And the technospeak is back, hooray! As usual, Sam may not have had the answer at the beginning but she still knows what probably won't work. A (mild) disappointment, as mentioned, that Sam and Vala had so little interaction. I would have thought Sam would be briefed on Vala's prior Goa'uld possession, and be moved to hear her when she attempted to suggest something. Daniel, bless his clean shaven face, was moved to shut her down (meanie ).

Cheers! A fine follow up to the beat down the Tau'ri got last week. Ready for more!

Just sayin'.

I'm taking the lazy way out---I agree with everything you said!

IMO, Best episode of the season so far!! Thanks Brad Wright for a well written team show! And great special effects! The time flew by tonight!

Welcome Back, Carter!!! It felt great to see Sam again--she was wonderful! It felt like SG1 again to me. So glad she is back!

Also liked the scene with Daniel an the end in the infirmary. Sam knew how important it was for him to believe that Vala was still alive. Also liked Sam and Mitchell's interaction thus far---mutual respect---bodes well for the rest of the season.

Can't wait for next week!!!
                                Last edited by chocdoc; 19 August 2005, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X