Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greytop
    Did anyone notice the guys were playing basketball in boots?
    It's 'cause they're the Air Force. They don't need to care about the floor of their basketball court, the government'll just buy 'em a new one.
    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
    Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

i think we need to give Daniel the benefit of the doubt as far aas his comment to vala-about talking less and shutting up more-i think that he was frustrated-tired-worried-not to say that no-one else wasn't feeling the same-but face it-vala had her irritating moments-and Daniel's character-at least from my perspective likes things to be orderly-and Vala was not that orderly.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

I need a moment for Vala. (sniff)

I think she will be back, but I will miss her in the meantime.

The episode itself was an OK one. I think the team will need a couple of episodes to gel. The interactions seemed a bit off to me.

Good to see Sam, but she didn't have much to do.

Daniel seemed quite rude at times but I suppose that dealing with Vala was wearing him down.

The Goa'uld was very silly (almost too much so) until the end. And it's official, I "heart" Landry.

Jace
        Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Ok, about Vala being alive in the Ori galaxy:
          Everybody is concerned for Jackson, and with cause, but the first to mention anything about the person who, at this point, actually is presumed dead is Teal'c when he says "Vala will be mourned (spl?)" In the next scene, the camera focuses in on Daniel and you can clearly see him roll his eyes up and left. He's rolling his eyes at the thought of Vala being dead and honoured! Next to speak up is Carter who interjects her way-out-there theory that Vala may in fact be alive but living an existence worse than death. She's been sent to the Ori's galaxy. How is this worse? Well, the entire galaxy worships the Ori for one so she won't last long before being noticed. Then, the last time she visited this little corner of the universe she was burned alive, not once but twice. Finally, as she's sure to be discovered (that is, if she doesn't rematerialize in the dead vacuum of space), the Ori will probably forgo the burning alive thing and torture her for information in a very evil-god way.
          The response to Carter's theory is a wide smile on everyone's face, and you might think it's because of their glee at Vala being alive, but then someone interjects the phrase about "wanting to sent the Ori a message", showing that they are actually rediculing Vala's tendency to annoy by basically saying she'd be a bad thing for the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Contondant
            Ok, about Vala being alive in the Ori galaxy:
            Everybody is concerned for Jackson, and with cause, but the first to mention anything about the person who, at this point, actually is presumed dead is Teal'c when he says "Vala will be mourned (spl?)" In the next scene, the camera focuses in on Daniel and you can clearly see him roll his eyes up and left. He's rolling his eyes at the thought of Vala being dead and honoured! Next to speak up is Carter who interjects her way-out-there theory that Vala may in fact be alive but living an existence worse than death. She's been sent to the Ori's galaxy. How is this worse? Well, the entire galaxy worships the Ori for one so she won't last long before being noticed. Then, the last time she visited this little corner of the universe she was burned alive, not once but twice. Finally, as she's sure to be discovered (that is, if she doesn't rematerialize in the dead vacuum of space), the Ori will probably forgo the burning alive thing and torture her for information in a very evil-god way.
            The response to Carter's theory is a wide smile on everyone's face, and you might think it's because of their glee at Vala being alive, but then someone interjects the phrase about "wanting to sent the Ori a message", showing that they are actually rediculing Vala's tendency to annoy by basically saying she'd be a bad thing for the Ori.
            So because one village on one planet all worship the Ori that means the entire galaxy worships the Ori? I mean this may be true but it also may not be true. There may be dissenters, they may have their own version of the Tauri out there fighting or Hiding from the Ori. I mean we know of at least 3 people that were against the Ori so I am guessing there is more. I’m just saying....

And no one was happy or glad Vala was gone. Daniel rolled his eyes in frustration, he looked frustrated to me, he’s rolled his eyes in frustration at something Jack has said in the past, so now he rolled his eyes in frustration to something teal'c had said.

Why did they smile at the end? Well 1 minute they think Vala's dead, the next minute they start thinking she’s alive and they start thinking about the hell she would give anyone that got in her way and so they smiled. BTW back in season 2 when they thought Daniel died, they had a party, PARTY. Because sometimes the best way to remember someone is not to cry but to laugh. I know when I die I want my family to look on the times with me and remember the good stuff and smile and laugh. I don’t want anyone wasting time crying... cant imagine Vala would either, doesn’t seem like the crying type, choke up a bit sometimes maybe but not out and out balling (unless it suits her purposes that is ).
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Contondant
              ... In the next scene, the camera focuses in on Daniel and you can clearly see him roll his eyes up and left. He's rolling his eyes at the thought of Vala being dead and honoured!

So, you think that was all in the script; that Brad Wright wrote the gang as ridiculing Vala and Brad Turner directed Daniel to roll his eyes at the thought of Vala being honored?

Okay, if you say so....
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                Why did they smile at the end? Well 1 minute they think Vala's dead, the next minute they start thinking she’s alive and they start thinking about the hell she would give anyone that got in her way and so they smiled. BTW back in season 2 when they thought Daniel died, they had a party, PARTY. Because sometimes the best way to remember someone is not to cry but to laugh. I know when I die I want my family to look on the times with me and remember the good stuff and smile and laugh. I don’t want anyone wasting time crying... cant imagine Vala would either, doesn’t seem like the crying type, choke up a bit sometimes maybe but not out and out balling (unless it suits her purposes that is ).

I got that same take on it too. I didn't get any glee out of anyone, more like hopeful "give 'em hell, Vala". Like you say, when you lose someone, you try to remember the good times. Plus, none of the team strikes me as being prone to histrionics.

I, on the other hand, was having a king sized cry fest--NO MORE VALA!! LOL. Just kidding. I don't like to cry either.

Either way, I don't think super strong emotion is something you see from any of the characters. It seems that way to me, anyway.

ETA: I've only seen the episode once but is it possible that Daniel's rolling his eyes at Sam's theory? It is sort of far-fetched and eye-roll worthy (although it's probably true).

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
                  I got that same take on it too. I didn't get any glee out of anyone, more like hopeful "give 'em hell, Vala". Like you say, when you lose someone, you try to remember the good times. Plus, none of the team strikes me as being prone to histrionics.

I, on the other hand, was having a king sized cry fest--NO MORE VALA!! LOL. Just kidding. I don't like to cry either.

Either way, I don't think super strong emotion is something you see from any of the characters. It seems that way to me, anyway.

ETA: I've only seen the episode once but is it possible that Daniel's rolling his eyes at Sam's theory? It is sort of far-fetched and eye-roll worthy (although it's probably true).
                  I agree with what you say.
                  Also the way I see it Daniel did not actually roll his eyes when he heard Teal said about Vala being mourned. In fact the reaction I saw was an immediate total shut down and closing up of emotions by Daniel. It was only when Sam mention that there is a chance that Vala might be alive that Daniel starts taking interest in what his friends are saying. As for the smiles it was like "The Orii will not know what hit them".

Comment

I wish they kept Vala. With her condition she wouldn't have been able to be on SG-1 or any active SG team, but it would have been interesting to see her continued interaction with Daniel and maybe later a real relationship... Thanks,

David

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      i think we need to give Daniel the benefit of the doubt as far aas his comment to vala-about talking less and shutting up more-i think that he was frustrated-tired-worried-not to say that no-one else wasn't feeling the same-but face it-vala had her irritating moments-and Daniel's character-at least from my perspective likes things to be orderly-and Vala was not that orderly.
                      Besides which, Vala, in her previous sentence, had just reminded him that she'd stolen the ship, and called him 'darling', both of which much really have been grating on his nerves.

I don't blame him in the slightest for a snarky comeback given what she'd just said to him.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnoliaAnaglypta
                        Besides which, Vala, in her previous sentence, had just reminded him that she'd stolen the ship, and called him 'darling', both of which much really have been grating on his nerves.

I don't blame him in the slightest for a snarky comeback given what she'd just said to him.
                        If you want to understand Daniel attitude to Vala. read THIS THREAD
                        Last edited by valaCB; 25 August 2005, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Bah..just goes to figure. The first episode this season I have almost all positive things to say, and I'm on vacation. First five, I'm just at home lazing around and my blastings show up on the first page. Next one....

Well, I really liked this episode. It *finally* showed a much needed chink in the Ori armor. I still think they made them too powerful though. Next we need the team to find a way around the pyrors' ridiculous jedi powers.

I like how Vala was made sympathetic and credible, too. And I loved the line 'Not everything I say is innuendo!' This episode gives this season hope that I didn't see in the first four. And now Sam's back too, and the jaffa plotline is becoming really interesting.

And they were careful enough to make it so the Ori can't just arbitrarily do that again whenever they feel like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                            And they were careful enough to make it so the Ori can't just arbitrarily do that again whenever they feel like it.
                            I'm not even sure about that. All they need to do is send through a Prior AND a really big bomb. Is that so difficult?
                            That will be all, Citizen. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice daycycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Standback
                              I'm not even sure about that. All they need to do is send through a Prior AND a really big bomb. Is that so difficult?
                              If it get's in the way of the plot, then yes. Building an army and spaceships is much, much easier.

Anyone notice, given the fuss made in Meridian, what we (Earth) did end up using the naquadria for?

Comment

ok... i was just on holiday and have finally got aroung to watchig Beachead.

first of all let me say I HATE the fact that they have now changed the Goa'uld into comic relief i mean that fat guy was no goa'ul, did the team actually check him for a symbiote?

also when he said that "the ORI are the closest things to god" surely the goa'uld who have been masquarading as gods all that time would know that although they are powerful... it doesn't give them god-like status.

that being said i love season two of Atlantis and season nine of SG1, but i do like Atlantis more this season.

hopefully Cliff simon (Baal) will potray the goa'uld better
                                my Blog, please visit and leaved a comment

Comment

Working...
                                X