Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Contondant
    If someone else has already mentioned this, sorry, I just quickly perused the 12+ pages ahead of this one...

I loved this episode UNTIL the very end. How in the name of God can the SG1 team joke and laugh about Vala having been sent off to the Ori's galaxy?!? And if that's not the case, then she's already dead (unless there happen to be Goa'ould transport rings sitting conveniently in a far, far galaxy which can randomly pick a matter stream out of the air and reintegrate it!), which seems far more likely. And they belittle her dying by making jokes about how annoying she is and how much of a burden she WOULD be in the Ori's galaxy. AND they do this after she gave her life in the very act of saving the entire milky way, including SG1 thankless hides, whilst they did nothing. Are we to believe that when SG1 saves the Earth or the Jaffa, their praises are sung across the galaxy by all, but when one woman saves everybody, they gest? Either way, this smacks of extremely poor moral judgement on the part of the writing team.

I'm hoping the writers start writing some humanity into our human heroes.
    Exactly. And I really hope they (Daniel, Mitchell, Sam) will have the courage to admit publicly that they were so wrong about Vala and apologise to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
      Exactly. And I really hope they (Daniel, Mitchell, Sam) will have the courage to admit publicly that they were so wrong about Vala and apologise to her.
      Uh... first off, Sam needs to apologize because...?

As for Mitchell, he'd have to apologize because...?

Now Daniel of course, he'd have to apologize... because... because... he interrupted her?

The boys weren't wrong about Vala; she went away the same person that she was when she arrived, IMO. That is precisely why everyone was smiling in the infirmary scene where everyone was showing due concern for Vala.

But there is more to those smiles than just their knowledge of Vala's character.

What Sam told the boys(the fact that she even gave them this faint flicker of hope speaks reams about how Sam felt) and how they reacted to it can actually be seen as "Vala has officially joined the stargating club." She's one of us, now. These weren't smirks of "good riddance" but smiles for a lost comrade who took one for the team and who is hopefully still giving the bad guys grief.

In this the gang's reaction reminds me of how Jack treated Mayborne in the end scene of Threshold, calling him Harry and inviting him to come back and work with them soon.
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Hybridbabe
        Vala's pretty much guaranteed to be alive. Physics prove it. YAY!
        Hourah for physics!

Boo for the Ori!

Vala Vala, she's our gal
        If she don't screw them no one shall!
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

okay, in beachead when the pieces of the super gate came into orbit some crashed with the hataksand were destroyed, so how were they able to still make the gate (all pieces were locked in except the on that Vala beat to the spot) so what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
            okay, in beachead when the pieces of the super gate came into orbit some crashed with the hataksand were destroyed, so how were they able to still make the gate (all pieces were locked in except the on that Vala beat to the spot) so what happened?
            The pieces of the supergate weren't destroyed. They collided the Ha'tak and stayed intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

Now Daniel of course, he'd have to apologize... because... because... he interrupted her?

The boys weren't wrong about Vala; she went away the same person that she was when she arrived, IMO. That is precisely why everyone was smiling in the infirmary scene where everyone was showing due concern for Vala.

But there is more to those smiles than just their knowledge of Vala's character.

What Sam told the boys(the fact that she even gave them this faint flicker of hope speaks reams about how Sam felt) and how they reacted to it can actually be seen as "Vala has officially joined the stargating club." She's one of us, now. These weren't smirks of "good riddance" but smiles for a lost comrade who took one for the team and who is hopefully still giving the bad guys grief.

In this the gang's reaction reminds me of how Jack treated Mayborne in the end scene of Threshold, calling him Harry and inviting him to come back and work with them soon.
              I totally agree. They WERE upset about Vala, nobody smiled that I remember UNTIL Sam said that she thought Vala was still alive and gave them a scientific reason to believe it. Sam gave them hope and that gave them the image of Vala doing what she does best: Surviving and kicking some asses while doing it. If anything, the crew is happy that they have an ally on the inside, so to speak. They can't mount a rescue mission because they haven't a clue where, in the vast Orii universe, she is, but I'm sure they'll be keeping an ear and an eye out for her.

Comment

Did anyone notice the guys were playing basketball in boots?

Comment

Yes I agree why would Mitchell, Daniel, Teal'c or Sam need to apologize to Vala?? They all smiled at the thought of Vala causing havoc in the Ori galaxy. They are assuming she is alive. That is how I saw the scene. No apology necessary.
                  Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 24 August 2005, 07:43 AM.

Comment

It didn't look like the individual components were destroyed when the Supergate itself was destroyed, either. Which begs the question: Wouldn't Carter notice that those giant components--which are hard enough to destroy a shielded hatak in a collision and stay undamaged--are going to continue flying through space and possibly end up crashing into an inhabited planet or something? Those things could do a lot of damage, but everyone seemed content to let them float off into space at pretty high speeds.
                    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                    Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I didn't notice that the objects flyed to the space.They only clubbed together and when Vala destroyed them, they exploded.I'm wrong?

I love both, Sam and Elizabeth. I'm just looking forward for the fourth season.
                      IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!

Comment

just a reminder to folks, even though this is the season 9 area of the forum, when starting topics that discuss a major plot point in an episode, please put that episode name in the title of the thread

some folks haven't seen all the new eps yet and don't want to be spoiled
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe they were shielded, after all after the explosion they looked kinda dead, with no glowy bit. So any shields may have failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil
                            I didn't notice that the objects flyed to the space.They only clubbed together and when Vala destroyed them, they exploded.I'm wrong?

This is as good as I can do - it looks like they ARE still intact, but it's kind of hard to tell.
                            Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

Hourah for physics!

Boo for the Ori!

Vala Vala, she's our gal
                              If she don't screw them no one shall!
                              Right on!!

I think the team were a bit rude to her on Promethous, but when they finally realized WHAT she was about to do...I think they all changed their tunes about her. Someone in this thread likened Vala's actions to that of O'Neill - you know, shoot first, ask questions later. That's what Vala did...she decided that given the many times she tried to get their attention (and they weren't having it) she did the only thing she could do, she took action as time was QUICKLY running out, for all of them. So, off she ran, snurched that hiddened Jaffa ship (how'd she know it's coordinates? sneaky gal Vala. ) and kept that massive Gate from being formed. Bet that pissed the Ori off no end. LOL

IF any apologizes are in order, I think it would be for the rude manner in which Daniel effectively shut her up (Little less talking, more shut the hell up comment comes to mind). The others...I'm not really seeing a need for them to apologize to her, especially Sam. Sam didn't really say much to Vala (too bad for some fans, like me...wanted to see them work togehter, Sam & Vala).

I have no doubt that we'll see Vala again...hopefully before the end of the season (*crosses her fingers that Claudia's schedule will permit this).
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

thats before the blast wave hots them, for all we know the blast wave detroyed them.

Stupid Ori think their brilliant cause they can make a giant gate.
                                Bet they were p*ssed when vala destroyed it
                                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
                                X