Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egeria
    I don't see Vala wrecking havoc, more as keeping her head down and doing what she needs to do to survive. The Ori know who she is, she's a survivor and I can't see her doing anything but trying to get out of there in one piece.
    Exactly. And it's not going to be an easy task...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
      But first she needs someone/something to help her with her own problems with bracelets effect, Daniel ended up in the infirmary, why the frell nobody cares about Vala being in the same situation? I really want an explanation on this subject...
      I think the others do care but they (like me) see Vala as a very capable woman who can actually take care of herself. Vala is not some nambypambywimpy"Ineedamantosaveme" type woman. Sure she's very unconventional and slightly annoying, but this is a woman who does know how to take care of NumeroUno! I have every faith in Vala and her ability to take care of herself. How else could she have survived all she's been through, seemingly without any friends? Yes, friends are nice and I do think eventually the others will realize the huge sacrifice Vala made for them and the rest of the Milky Way. They'll give her, her due. Trust me.

Originally posted by AGateFan
      Well maybe she will find some help in the form of some escaping prisoners in some special ship

Now THAT would be funny: Vala returns to the Milky Way. Daniel and the others are impressed and asked "how'd you manage it" and Vala tells them she met up with these people (not all humanoid btw) who were trying to escape an Ori prison ship and she helped them out and made it possible for them to escape.. They have been on the run ever since the escape until Vala found the Wormhole technology necessary to return home.....maybe with the help of the Anceints . I think I have discovered TPTBs super secret plan!!!.
      *snickers Sorry...but that's already been done.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sg1niner
        I liked the episode but Nerus reminds me of Urgo... any one else agree?? lol big bad evil Goa'uld ... if i ever ran into him i dont think I would run away. maybe stop and laugh... but yeah.. thats just me...
        He was never big bad. he was a nobody who served Baal, now he's a nobody who (used to) server Ori.

Comment

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Excellent ep. Great performances from everybody. I loved Vala in this ep. I do so hope that she is sending a message to the Ori and getting away with it.

Sam's back and that's just fiiiine with me!(get a haircut, though. Lt. Col.) Loved Jack's joke on Landry, the gang playing basketball, Sam's "what's with the backup singer?" Loved the little uncomfortable situation they put themselves in when Cam gave that dramatic ultimatum about the thirty "Earth minutes" because he wanted to give Daniel plenty of time to talk (talk about laugh!) and also Daniel telling Vala to shut up because they needed the ideas of someone capable of thinking outside the box - a lovely tribute to Sam. It was great to know that Vala showed just how capable she was of doing just that.

BTW, in many posts in other threads(this is my first foray into this thread)fans have mentioned that Vala left while SG-1 was squabbling amongst themselves. I certainly didn't see any squabbling, at all. Quite the opposite, in fact; they simply weren't coming up with a solution.

Sam definately gave subtle looks when Dan & Cam welcomed her back/tried to convince her to stay. Looking forward to seeing what her reasons are for not wanting to rejoin the band.

The Goa'uld was deliciously nasty - pardon the pun. That he actually planned to be executed is rather chilling, but in keeping with the Goa'uld's appetite for ambition. I laughed so hard that he was more afraid of going hungry than of dying! I hope he's a recurring character!

Garak is certainly going to be a thorn in SG-1's side. I wonder how long he'll be around?(That's a rhetorical question; please, don't tell me. I don't want to be spoiled.)

Finally, the Ori. Ooof! Now that's science! I loved how all the human's and Jaffa's tricks failed against their Beachead, yet a relatively simple solution won the day.

SG-1 gets lucky again, but for how long? Hopefully the power and time required to mount such an assault as this one will take time and give SG-1 time to get to know their enemy better or else they are so screwed.

This ep is a keeper.
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
            I think the others do care but they (like me) see Vala as a very capable woman who can actually take care of herself. Vala is not some nambypambywimpy"Ineedamantosaveme" type woman. Sure she's very unconventional and slightly annoying, but this is a woman who does know how to take care of NumeroUno! I have every faith in Vala and her ability to take care of herself. How else could she have survived all she's been through, seemingly without any friends? Yes, friends are nice and I do think eventually the others will realize the huge sacrifice Vala made for them and the rest of the Milky Way. They'll give her, her due. Trust me.
            I know they wil. But at the moment I mean her possible temporary weakness caused by the bracelets effect, how she's going to solve THIS PARTICULAR problem by herself.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              only going on one viewing of this ep so far, i think it made sense why no one wanted to listen to vala (well, besides the fact that she *and then daniel* got them into this situation to begin with). as soon as someone new came into the picture (this would be sam), vala started realizing she wasn't the center of attention anymore. and it irked her. and she handled it by sulking and pouting. if vala wanted respect, she needed to earn it. instead of running off, she could have walked into the middle of the bridge and whistled loudly. that would have grabbed everyones attention and they would have shut up a moment. then she could have told them her idea. i guess what i'm saying is that vala acted immature and ppl treated her accordingly. just my (prob unpopular) opinion of course.
              It could have easily been any one of the other characters that could have gotten them in the predicament they are all in, you know. But the writers decided to make it Vala and Daniel so seemingly to me, other fans are all bent out of shape. Hopefully people will realize that something had to happen like this so that we'd have another season of the show. LOL

Have to respectfully disagree, Vala felt like a 5th wheel, but she still wanted to help out. The others blatently ignored and belittled her, because they still see her as the person they first met. She's changed and genuinely (well as much as she can be) wanted to help out. I think she was hurt by Daniel's cutting (but funny) "Little less talking, more shut-the-hell-up" comment. They don't think she's smart, that's their big problem. They all think they are smarter than she is. They aren't, they've just had different lives. Vala has seen way more than any of them will ever know and has gone through way more than any of the team has (with the possible exception of Teal'C). Shame on the team for not listening to her.

As for her standing in front of them and whistling to get their attention, I honestly don't think it would have worked either. They were all so intent on trying to solve the problem themselves, as a team, sans Vala, that they wouldn't have listened to her if she had stripped naked and ran around the room screaming like crazy. None of them wanted to hear what she had to say, so she did what she does best, takes matters into her own hands and solved the problem herself and saved the universe (for now).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                I know they wil. But at the moment I mean her possible temporary weakness caused by the bracelets effect, how she's going to solve THIS PARTICULAR problem by herself.
                She will pull through, like she always has. As for not causing problems in the Ori universe...I have a feeling she will be...just to keep them on their toes and from taking over anymore planets. She just might go underground to do it...but she'll still be a thorn in their side.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                  - Anyone suspect Vala will show up again as a Prior?
                  It's an interesting idea, for sure. The only glitch in it, I think, is that what we've seen of the Priors so far is that they are "true believers" who are granted power by the Ori in order to serve their cause. I just don't see Vala becoming a True Believer in order to be given the power.

But, then... hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by BodenMaddox
                    It's an interesting idea, for sure. The only glitch in it, I think, is that what we've seen of the Priors so far is that they are "true believers" who are granted power by the Ori in order to serve their cause. I just don't see Vala becoming a True Believer in order to be given the power.

But, then... hmm...

Knowing what she knows about the Ori, I don't see Vala going for that. I think she'll be helping those who are resisting the Ori and making it difficult for the Ori to get a foot hold in any where.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm not about to go through 12 pages of posts to see if someone's asked and answered this...so I'll pose it here...

Okay. So Vala's matter stream beamed off of the cargo ship and according to Sam may have gone through the singularity to the Ori home galaxy.

How does this in any way mean that she survived?

In Evolution 2, we saw Bra'tac ring a Kull warrior off a cargo ship midflight to a position directly underneath the ship and the Kull warrior reintigrated and fell to his death.

We've seen them ring to a planet's surface without the benefits of a ring platform...but that was when the surface was directly underneath their ship...like in Memento.

But how does this bode well for Vala? As far as I can tell, her matter stream transported to the Ori home galaxy...but without a specific place to reintigrate (and we know she was trying to ring back to Prometheus...so her targetting data was not set up for transport across galaxies) or a ring platform in range, how did it do anything but dissipate into nothingness?

I know...this is probably one for the tech thread, right?

Last edited by Uber; 21 August 2005, 02:36 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'm not a technology buff, but here's my hypothesis about Vala and the rings.
                        The rings were targeted to the rings on Prometheus. When she was transported to the Ori's galaxy, along with the cargo ship and its rings, the cargo ship rings didn't have anywhere to lock on anymore. So, perhaps for this kind of case the ancients had built a failsafe mechanism so the disintegrated matter wouldn't be lost. So what I think is, that the rings will find the closest possible target to lock on, and transport Vala there.
                        And since there should be an Ori ship or settlement near the black hole in the other galaxy, there should also be rings.

It is one possibility, but I might be terribly wrong. I hope you understood my idea

Comment

I've yet to see the ep, but popping in with my own comments...I'll be back when I get to see it!

Sam -YAY!!!!!!!!!!! She's back!!!!!!!!!! Nearly all is right with the world!!!!!!!!
                          Daniel's SHAVED!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Teal'c did something!!!!!!!!
                          Cameron - What can I say...LOVE the guy...think he's great and can't wait to see more of him!!!!
                          Landry - Reserving judgement
                          Super gate - WHOA!!!!! Hope to see it again
                          Vala - couldn't care less (sorry!)...Just don't like her.
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                            Knowing what she knows about the Ori, I don't see Vala going for that. I think she'll be helping those who are resisting the Ori and making it difficult for the Ori to get a foot hold in any where.
                            Not only does she have reason to hate the Ori, but how do you do business (cons) with a bunch of religious zealots?

Comment

Nice ep. Imaginative CGI. Tauri kicked butt.

... but when emotions are left behind, I'm sad. The ending spoiled everything. When something tragic happens (chances are Vala is dead), I expect more than lame wisecracks. Think Meridian and Heroes ending with a big laugh. Kinda' sux, don't you think ?
                              I wish I was more like I think I am

Comment

can anyone direct me to a little clip or even give me a transcript of jacks practical joke scene? pretty please?

Comment

Working...
                                X