No announcement yet.

The Ties That Bind (904)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall, it was a good episode. Not a great one, but it wasn't Avenger 2.0 thankfully. I was disappointed that it did not continue the overall story arc much because I wanted to see more of the Ori, and the clueless government guys are becoming super annoying.

However, I love that Vala drives Daniel to the edge of sanity, and Cameron's character is growing on me.

I look forward to the return of Sam and next week's episode.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Do you think we can get that leather get up added as authorized off-world gear. The boys looked mighty fine! I mean...it's pretty functional in a fire fight. Yeah, that's what I meant.

Good episode. Nice blend of funnies and drama. Can't wait for Sam, but at the same time, I can't imagine Vala not being there. She's become somewhat of a fixture for me.

Comment

I liked this show. It was fun. Well, at least we now know what the 'mysterious' Lucian Alliance is now. LOL Poor Daniel... he can't seem to get a break.
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

"Ah, those were wonderful, carnal times"

OMG, never let Wallace Shawn say that again!!! But, lol! Makes me wonder, though, how old is Vala? She didn't answer when Landry asked her, back in the first ep. They've been hinting that she's older than she looks. I wouldn't be surprised if she was a host for a longer time than one might have thought.

Another good line was Cameron Mitchell's subtle "Who's Granis?...Thanks" on the monk's world, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo's Girl
            Good episode. Nice blend of funnies and drama. Can't wait for Sam, but at the same time, I can't imagine Vala not being there. She's become somewhat of a fixture for me.
            Totally hear you on that one.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Vala sure has a colorful past doesn't she?

I enjoyed seeing the various people she scammed and schemed with--and against. But I sure wouldn't want to picture her and that short old man being intimate--yuck!

The part between Daniel and Vala were good. I knew sooner or later she would try to seduce him--but he didn't cave in. Loved the little breakthrough in their like/tolerate/hate relationship. Daniel was about to feel sorry for hurting Vala's feelings, until he saw once again, she was pulling his leg.

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw Teal'c in a suit and tie. He was looking mighty fine. And he wears leather VERY well. In fact all the guys looked good in those leather outfits.

The embrace between Daniel and Teal'c at the end was so sweet.

Comment

What was up with Cam buttoning his shirt getting off the elevator with the doc? The look Landry gave the two of them was interesting also. Were they trying to imply something there? Hmmm.

Comment

Enjoyed the episode, but was disappointed about one thing...

Those guys really needed to call Jackson 'Hanz Ollo' when they saw him

Comment

I've really liked the first episodes of this season but I'm not really impressed with this one. I don't think it was a stinker by any means but I was disapointed. There was no Teal'c for the entire first half of the show and when he did he had limited lines (surprise surprise). Vala was back to PU Vala and I didn't really care for that. I was hoping that she would get more depth as the series wore on but there was certainly no character development in this episode. For about half a second I thought that she might have been showing another side in Daniel's room but I figured out pretty quickly that she was just trying to play Daniel again. Also you would think that they would give Mitchell more to do in these early episodes in order to give people more of a feel for his character rather than focusing almost completely on Daniel and Vala but he seemed more of a background figure in this episode.

It looks as though Stargate Command will be dealing with political pressure this season (that sounds vaguely familiar ). I know the bit with Vala on the senate desk was supposed to be funny but I just basically cringed throughout the whole thing. I really do enjoy the way Michael plays the long suffering Daniel to Vala. It's fun to watch but I really hope that they move away from the slapstick stuff soon and get back to Stargate.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

They should once Carter returns.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i liked this episode. i love the interaction with daniel and vala. im just hoping though they dont play that out too much. the snarkiness is nice here and there, but this episode went a bit overboard...im hoping the later eps will have just a sprinkling of the dripping with sarcasm comments, so that the humor isnt lost on me later on because of its over use.

i miss teal'c and sam. though im fairly glad that oneill gracefully left. i miss the other half of the stargate team. teal'c's appearances have become more and more sparce, and sam...well needless to say i truly miss them.

but in saying that, i dont want to lose vala either. im hoping that vala will show up frequently even when her character leaves stargate command on a more perminant basis.

Lizbeth
                        das haus ist gelb. ich liebe gelb!!

MySpace

Comment

I enjoyed this episode, thought it was funny. And all that trading stuff... did this episode remind anyone else of a Zelda game?
                          This post brought to you by Anubis Markets, a division of Osiris Foods.

Comment

This episode was a lot of fun.

1. Loved the cowboy duds.
                            2. Laughed out loud at Wallace Shawn.
                            3. Liked how Vala took the boys on trip to an intergalatic tag sale.
                            4. Admired the subtle way that Cam and Lam slipped in their little bit of ship outside the elevator, and were busted by Landry.

Comment

I enjoyed this a lot, I thought it was a very good follow-up to three pretty intense episodes and gave us a nice break.

Vala and Daniel are great together. I wish we could keep her as SG-1's fourth.

I don't like that Mitchell calls Daniel "Jackson." If he isn't going to call Daniel by his first name as Daniel invited him to, then it should be DOCTOR Jackson.

Great opening scene with sticky-fingers and Daniel. LOL.

Mitchell did a little too much Jack-channeling for me in this. The lines were awkward. I like Mitchell more when he's serious.

Vala and Daniel are great together.

It was good to see Teal'c with the team where he belongs, and the goodbye hug between he and Daniel at the end was sweet.

Vala is showing more and more depth. The scene in Daniel's bedroom was simply lovely. Both actors did a great job in this episode.

Wallace Shawn always makes me laugh. And I see Joe got the Princess Bride reference in there.... As you wish.... <G>

Vala and Daniel are great together.

I wanted to slap that Senator's face, he was such a ...donkey. Go Vala! I had a pair of tights almost just like that when I was thirteen. Yikes!

I'm looking forward to next Friday!

Dana Jeanne
                              Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
                                While I found the episode ok.... I enjoyed Atlantis more this week...

but Vala's comments about guys liking big guns made me crack up
                                I would have to agree with you there on both counts. I'm not an Atlantis fan but I've always like McKay and watching him take center stage was fun.

I'm a big fan of Claudia Black's but the writing did seem a little off and the episode dragged almost as much as last week's. I did like the funny parts quite a bit though, loved the boys in leather, and the Vala/Daniel exchange in Daniel's room. It kind of makes me think Vala's just about ready to be honest but can't. I mean, I think Daniel may actually have hit the nail on the head, she seems earnest, he says "wait, I'm being had" and she says "is it working" but I really think that she's using that last bit as just another smokescreen to keep people at an emotional distance.

At least I'm hoping so.

I've seen Claudia Black do some really powerful emotional stuff and though I'm really enjoying the comedic part, I want to see an emotional payoff. It's all right to be comic relief but I really think she has a lot more depth and ability--I've seen it before and I really want to see it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X