No announcement yet.

The Ties That Bind (904)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=GoVols]Tonight i think we finally confirmed that Daniel Jackson is indeed a homosexual.

Maybe Daniel's not into "lying, conniving, treacherous and untrustworthy women"

Comment

Also, what's up with that old-west get-up that the guys wore to that planet??? I expected one of them to jump on a horse and say "saddle up, pilgrim."

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
        Also, what's up with that old-west get-up that the guys wore to that planet??? I expected one of them to jump on a horse and say "saddle up, pilgrim."
        At least they did make some comment about it being Western gear. Didn't Daniel give it some funny name? I need to see it again to get it right -- but the point is they addressed how much like a cowboy they looked. I thought it looked very nice on those two!!! At least we got some leather

Comment

I didn't like Prometheus Unbound all that much, but I have to say, with every episode this season, I'm liking Vala more and more. I loved the comedic moments in this episode. Great outfits too.
          gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by mtee1958
            At least they did make some comment about it being Western gear. Didn't Daniel give it some funny name? I need to see it again to get it right -- but the point is they addressed how much like a cowboy they looked. I thought it looked very nice on those two!!! At least we got some leather
            Hey, I didn't say they looked BAD, just different!!! Also, I don't recall them referencing 'western' duds in particular, so if anyone does watch it again & catch what they say, I'll be interested to know. I thought they just remarked on getting to wear something different for a change.

Comment

I actually, enjoyed Stargate Atlantis more, *shhhhhh, not too loudly* The scene with the monk, was great, Vala in bed, halfway to nudity, was awesome, and finding out about the Lucian Alliance, was another plus, but overall the episode lacked luster, it wasn't great, it wasn't terrible, just somewhere in the middle, but the part that really put me off, was when the Director, or whatever, of the Appropriations Committee, stated that they now had the resources to defend Earth, from any threat in the galaxy, when there are enemies out there as advanced as the Asgard, then there is the Ori, not being a little afraid of them, is sheer lunacy, such morons shouldn't be allowed to run anything, I don't have a problem with more Daedalus class ships, but they don't even have energy based weapons, so good luck penetrating an enemy ships shield, so that ticked me off, but other that this moronic scene, the episode was okay, yeah just okay.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
                but Vala's comments about guys liking big guns made me crack up
                Yes, but hasn't she already used this "compensating" line (or something similar) in Avalon I. It's also been done to death in other shows/movies. Vala is starting to annoy me again after warming to her somewhat in Avalon II and Origin. I think the notion that she is OK in small doses is right on. I would not like to see her as a permanent member of the team.

I thought the episode itself was just OK. I was entertained and not bored - which is a good thing. Some humorous moments and light-hearted fun - nothing more. It'll do as a filler I guess. There wasn't much progression of the overall arcs which is what I am looking to see more of.

Comment

So. It wasn't a great episode. But it was good. So far, Season 9 is shaping up to be better than 8 was.

Vala is definetly growing on me. Its going to be a shame not seeing her around once Carter is back.

Originally posted by GoVols
                  But seriously, Vala is a very sexy, aleuring, attractive woman. Now any man who reads this should reply to this question. What would you do if you found Vala, laying in lengerie in your bed, and being sugestive. I know exactly what i would do.
                  rofl. I did find that scene a little odd.
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay The Ties That Bind was funny with an exceptional plot. Great one!

*Vala was just everything! From all her lies to tricking Daniel to trying to bed him, amazing! I love Vala more and more.
                    *Mitchell was good. Cam Mitchell, bounty hunter. Hilarious! Great job.
                    *Senator Fischer, not so much. Totally Kinsey. But Vala put him in his place with his shortcomings.
                    *Lucian Alliance, not so impressive. They don't worry me too much. The Orii still scare me more. But the advanced cargo ship, awesome!
                    *"Good morning Sunshine!" AHH! That was cute, Mitchell and Daniel are so ship-able. But it annoys me when he calls him "Jackson"

Good episode, but my mind is reeling from BSG. But I have to say, my sides still hurt from Vala. Oh, The Powers that Be should be good, but soon, SAM COMES BACK!!

But I do notice now, we have the humor of O'Neill in Vala and Mitchell and the character of O'Neill in Mitchell, so I really am not noticing his departure.
                    Last edited by Lt. Elliot; 05 August 2005, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Pretty good episode. Serious and funny. Tptb sure know how to skillfully use both. Loved how they wrapped up the events of "Prometheus Unbound". Good move to relate to it. And Vala in that little red get-up - don't even get me started. HOTTTTTT!!!! If I were Daniel, probably would have had to give in to temptation.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by GateTraveler
                        I thought the episode itself was just OK. I was entertained and not bored - which is a good thing. Some humorous moments and light-hearted fun - nothing more. It'll do as a filler I guess. There wasn't much progression of the overall arcs which is what I am looking to see more of.
                        The comments on this ep are a little dismaying to me in light of the fact that RCC was quoted as saying in Cult Times #117 that "The galaxy is about to become a very dangerous place again and there’s no time for all that romping around.” I have not seen this ep but from many of the comments here, and elsewhere, it certainly sounds like a romp - I think most of what I have read so far is about how funny/humourous it was and the casts attire, etc., etc. If, after only 4 eps, they are already resorting to romps, and filler episodes, I wonder what the rest of the season holds.

Comment

Great episode... Loved every minute of it! I do wonder what is in store for the SGC now that is will have some kind of civilian "watchdog"... What does that even mean?

I guess we'll find out in upcoming episodes... outstanding! Can't wait till next week

Ace
                          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by mtee1958
                            I believe the term your looking for was "Raw-hide".
                            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                              Hey, I didn't say they looked BAD, just different!!! Also, I don't recall them referencing 'western' duds in particular, so if anyone does watch it again & catch what they say, I'll be interested to know. I thought they just remarked on getting to wear something different for a change.
                              I think he said something about "rawhide."

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                                Great episode... Loved every minute of it! I do wonder what is in store for the SGC now that is will have some kind of civilian "watchdog"... What does that even mean?

I guess we'll find out in upcoming episodes... outstanding! Can't wait till next week

Ace
                                That means that the SGC will have some civilian questioning every command decision made, and then running off to tattle to 'the committee'. Then, if 'the committee' doesn't like the command decision, they withdraw their support, and it's back to the SGC running on only 30% budget. Sucks really... Sort of like having a little tattle-tail looking over your shoulder all the time, giving you no privacy at all.
                                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                                X