X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was an awesome episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
      She's racked up quite an impressive list of crimes against Earth and the SGC. Let's see: there's 1) stealing the Prometheus, 2) threats with a weapon against General Hammond and his crew, 3) assault against the person of Daniel, 4) escaping capture and 5) entrapment with the bracelets resulting in endangering Daniel's life and that must have cost the SGC a huge expense what with all the useless running around they did in TtB.

It seems to me that any time Vala spent in the SGC should have been in the brig.
      I don't deny that, but what's the fun in her being in the brig the whole time she's on the show?
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Oh Erin, what a bummer! I actually have had something similar happen--Tornado warning interrupted something I really wanted to watch (hmmm-I don't remember what, it obviously wasn't Stargate--that, I would have remembered). I have it on VHS if you don't have DVD. I generally liked the episode, but it was a bit racy in spots (and downright hilarious in other spots).

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          First off, I haven't read what you guys think about the elevator scene yet, but shoooot. What the HECK?! It would have been perfectly FINE if Landry hadn't given Cam multiple knowing looks. And, if it wasn't for the fact that JM mentioned something in his thread, I would never have thought there was anything to think twice about. So...what gives? Are they or aren't they?
          Exactly. Landry totally fed the scene and Lam looked totally confused by his look. Otherwise I would not have given them walking off the elevator together another thought (even with him buttoning up to look proper for the general).

OK... Second, I hope Vala was telling the truth about being stoned, excommunicated, etc. - not because I don't like her and I want her to feel immense pain, but because I don't want her to be THAT low of a pathological liar, you know? I'd like to think that she thought fast and turned it into a joke when Daniel questioned her. If she was hiding her past and putting up the protective wall with banter then I'd buy it. THAT kind of behavior would fit with the emotional/psychological issues many have assumed she has.
          I agree. I really like Vala and I think she is seriously deeper than she has overtly shown. I think she was telling her kind of truth in the scene.

I tried not to think about it too much, but if we could get more scenes with Daniel and Cam in those jeans and jackets... Yeah... It'd be good stuff.

Cameron and Daniel's reaction to the old guys' tale about his relationship with Vala was great. That was definitely the most disturbing story I've ever heard on SG-1.
          Loved their reaction to Wallace Shawn's description. They were squirming in their chairs. Too funny.

Comment

Lucky you... you really did not miss much.
            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I look forward to seeing what kind of real bonds mitchell forms with daniel, teal'c, and sam. Can't wait for sg-1 to be a team again. Need a fast-forward button for life.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                Oh, and to the people who said Vala shouldn't have been in the same room as them in Washington- Well, she knows more about the Ori than anyone else in the galaxy except for Daniel. I think it makes sense to have her there to backup Daniel's story. Plus she knows more about the current state of the galaxy than anyone else.
                then why didn't she do that? she didn't back up daniel's or anyone else's stories about the ori. all she did was vamp and be sexual. but wasn't that the whole reason for that scene to begin with?

i was talking about this with my mom today, saying how stargate used to be as realistic as possible, especially with military matters. realistically, whether daniel and vala couldn't be separated for longer than a hour, she still wouldn't have been in that room. why? because she's a loose canon.

all joking aside, landry and company were there to convince the suits that the sgc was still needed (needed the bucks) because of the new threat (ori). with that in mind, vala shouldn't have been in that room. and if she 'had' to be, then she should have been in the back, away from the meeting. and if she 'had' to be sitting next to daniel, she shouldn't have been dressed like a high priced call girl.

that scene was made 'only' so vala could use her sexual innuendos and crack up the audience. would that scene have been funny if vala was left in another room, dressed appropriately? no. it still could have been funny, if say, she was in another room, handcuffed to a chair and gagged. at least she wouldn't have made a joke of the *very* important meeting, and it still could have come off as landry thinking like the military man he is.

as you can tell, that scene irked me more than any other. the second being mitchell and daniel (sans glasses of course) being dressed up as sexy criminals. (i think i'm glad sam wasn't in this ep... she might have been dressed like 7of9 )

i hope the next ep has something else for me to concentrate on besides vala and daniel. like, maybe the new guy that's trying to get sg1 back together again. or the new general. or the new doctor. or the guy the presses their uniforms. or whatever, as long as it pulls away from this current storyline.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  Perhaps because, as much as some people may like it to be so, it's not the Daniel and Vala show. I love Daniel. I'm reserving judgement on Vala. However, there are a couple of other main characters here that aren't being given as much screen time. To me, it seems "completely stupid" to be introducing a brand new main character (Mitchell) and then not bother to develop him or let the viewers get to know what that character is about.
                  this just popped into my head... do you think they're trying to set up possible spin-off potentials for vala? like, vala having her own show? i mean, it's hard to come up with reasons why they're taking *so* much screentime on the vala and daniel-vala stuff when there's all these other characters to play with also... hmm...... can't say i'd watch it, but that's prob just me.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

How did Vala come back through the gate - unconscious and without a GDO and iris code?
                    Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

I don't know if this has been asked before but......
                      what mark did the jaffa have? Didn't reconize it.

Comment

Teal , a former Jaffa first prime, he was the expert of the outer world, he still is an expert.But SGC need a new kind of expert , like Vala as an former host of a Goa'uld and a smuggler.

when the Goa'uld were still in power, there were an underground economy of smugglers , Goa'uld weapon and naquadah were trade without the knowledge of the System Lords.

After the fall of the Goa'uld empire ,smugglers like the Lucian Alliance comes out of hidding , Former Jaffa are embracing the new market ecomony.
                        And i suspect some Jaffa were already part of the smuggler's network even before S9.The relationship between Vala and that Jaffa trader seems to go back more than a few months.

Before S9, most of the Galaxy was under control of Goa'uld, the gate travel was restricted ,any gate travel by Non-Goa'uld world was regarded as a threat to the Goa'uld system Lord .Any advance industised world were targets of the system Lord collective .

Without the system Lords, Gate travel between world are no-longer restricted.
                        Stone-age, primitive,industrise, space-age world will interact with one and other .New opportunity and new danger will follow.

I hope after Sam's return ,Vala can stay longer ,or may be returning once a while.

Comment

Originally posted by illuminarok
                          How did Vala come back through the gate - unconscious and without a GDO and iris code?
                          i think i know, SGC found out that Daniel Jackson Fell Into the Coma and Gen Landry Sent A Team Go After Vala and bring her back to earth and tehy both woke up.

Comment

First off, I haven't read what you guys think about the elevator scene yet, but shoooot. What the HECK?! It would have been perfectly FINE if Landry hadn't given Cam multiple knowing looks. And, if it wasn't for the fact that JM mentioned something in his thread, I would never have thought there was anything to think twice about. So...what gives? Are they or aren't they?
                            I thought that was a very weird scene. Mainly because of Landry's expressions as he glanced back and forth between Cam and Lam. Like he suspected they'd been making out in the elevator. I really hope they're not going there - cause that would mean a "Clam" thread will be springing up shortly.

Originally posted by dancer
                            OK... Second, I hope Vala was telling the truth about being stoned, excommunicated, etc. - not because I don't like her and I want her to feel immense pain, but because I don't want her to be THAT low of a pathological liar, you know? I'd like to think that she thought fast and turned it into a joke when Daniel questioned her. If she was hiding her past and putting up the protective wall with banter then I'd buy it. THAT kind of behavior would fit with the emotional/psychological issues many have assumed she has.
                            I'm hoping there was a grain of truth in there as well. Vala is awfully good at covering but I hope - deep down - that she's capable of opening up and being honest once in awhile.

It's fine to introduce a character with a mysterious background and non-stop one-liners but if you don't get something "real" to hang on to it's difficult to become really invested in what happens to the character.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              this just popped into my head... do you think they're trying to set up possible spin-off potentials for vala? like, vala having her own show? i mean, it's hard to come up with reasons why they're taking *so* much screentime on the vala and daniel-vala stuff when there's all these other characters to play with also... hmm...... can't say i'd watch it, but that's prob just me.

sally

I think that since they only have Claudia Black for a few episodes, they are getting as much storyline out of Vala as possible before she leaves.

Jace
                              Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Originally Posted by majorsal
                                As much as I enjoy both the actress and Vala, I just can't see an entire show (even a spinoff) built around her character. So .....

Originally posted by Jace021903
                                I think that since they only have Claudia Black for a few episodes, they are getting as much storyline out of Vala as possible before she leaves.
                                I agree with Jace.

bmicales

Comment

Working...
                                X